Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net BOINC Team › Projects of the Month for February 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Projects of the Month for February 2016 - Page 3

post #21 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerCan View Post

Do you have nvidia-modprobe installed?

I don't remember putting it there, but it's installed.
One and Only
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K MSi Z87-GD65 GAMING EVGA GTX 760 SC GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate LG Blu-Ray Read/Write Hyper 212 Evo Linux Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 19.5" 1600x900 Generic SPI 700W Rosewill Challenger 
MouseAudio
Generic Logitech Small Office Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
One and Only
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K MSi Z87-GD65 GAMING EVGA GTX 760 SC GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate LG Blu-Ray Read/Write Hyper 212 Evo Linux Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 19.5" 1600x900 Generic SPI 700W Rosewill Challenger 
MouseAudio
Generic Logitech Small Office Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSluether View Post

Well, I updated the driver, but apparently I hit my daily quota with all those errors, .....

You should be able to do a reset to clear the cache and get WU's...

I had this problem when I came back to the program and had to figure out the new client. it will clear by itself in an hour or so.
post #23 of 57
I joined Cosmology from a Mint 17.3 system, but I did NOT install Virtual Box ahead of time. So I got some of these legacy tasks "camb_legacy 2.17". I have 4 of them now that are in the mid-40% completion range and have been running for 13+ hours, the percent complete SLOWLY increments. Is any else having problems with these? I have completed 2 of them but in significantly less than 13 hours. I hate to abort tasks but I don't know if these are working right and I would like to restart with VB installed and get current work units.
W10 Desktop
(17 items)
 
Linux Desktop
(14 items)
 
Win 10 HTPC
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 5820k ASRock x99 Extreme 4 GTX-960 GTX-750ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
HD 7850 4 x 4G DDR4 128G Corsair SSD WD 1G  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 2G generic CDRW/DVD CM 212 EVO Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 1920x1200 IPS Microsoft Be Quiet 1000 Antec 305 
Mouse
Reaper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 ASUS M5A97 R2.0 GTX-760 Samsung 2 x 4G Wonder Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
128G Corsair SSD WD 500G Blue generic CDRW/DVD Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Linux Mint 17.2 ASUS 1920x1200 IPS Microsoft XFX 650 
CaseMouse
NZXT 210 Reaper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II B93 Gigabyte  EVGA GT 740 FTW Misc DD2-800 2x2G and 2x1G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate  generic  Win 10 Tech Preview 64 bit HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HP Corsair cx430 Aptevia HTPC IBM 
  hide details  
Reply
W10 Desktop
(17 items)
 
Linux Desktop
(14 items)
 
Win 10 HTPC
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 5820k ASRock x99 Extreme 4 GTX-960 GTX-750ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
HD 7850 4 x 4G DDR4 128G Corsair SSD WD 1G  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 2G generic CDRW/DVD CM 212 EVO Win 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS 1920x1200 IPS Microsoft Be Quiet 1000 Antec 305 
Mouse
Reaper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 ASUS M5A97 R2.0 GTX-760 Samsung 2 x 4G Wonder Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
128G Corsair SSD WD 500G Blue generic CDRW/DVD Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Linux Mint 17.2 ASUS 1920x1200 IPS Microsoft XFX 650 
CaseMouse
NZXT 210 Reaper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II B93 Gigabyte  EVGA GT 740 FTW Misc DD2-800 2x2G and 2x1G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate  generic  Win 10 Tech Preview 64 bit HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
HP Corsair cx430 Aptevia HTPC IBM 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfromcolo View Post

I joined Cosmology from a Mint 17.3 system, but I did NOT install Virtual Box ahead of time. So I got some of these legacy tasks "camb_legacy 2.17". I have 4 of them now that are in the mid-40% completion range and have been running for 13+ hours, the percent complete SLOWLY increments. Is any else having problems with these? I have completed 2 of them but in significantly less than 13 hours. I hate to abort tasks but I don't know if these are working right and I would like to restart with VB installed and get current work units.

The legacy tasks are completing in about 8-10 hours on my Ubuntu system.

Can I just install Virtual Box, or is there a specific way to do it for Boinc?
One and Only
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K MSi Z87-GD65 GAMING EVGA GTX 760 SC GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate LG Blu-Ray Read/Write Hyper 212 Evo Linux Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 19.5" 1600x900 Generic SPI 700W Rosewill Challenger 
MouseAudio
Generic Logitech Small Office Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
One and Only
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K MSi Z87-GD65 GAMING EVGA GTX 760 SC GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate LG Blu-Ray Read/Write Hyper 212 Evo Linux Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 19.5" 1600x900 Generic SPI 700W Rosewill Challenger 
MouseAudio
Generic Logitech Small Office Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSluether View Post

The legacy tasks are completing in about 8-10 hours on my Ubuntu system.

Can I just install Virtual Box, or is there a specific way to do it for Boinc?

Should just be able to install Virtual Box. The project will find it, at least thats how it works on Windows. Need to restart BOINC however.
post #26 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdaimon View Post

Should just be able to install Virtual Box. The project will find it, at least thats how it works on Windows. Need to restart BOINC however.

OK, I guess I was confused because Windows has a BOINC download and a BOINC + VirtualBox download, but Ubuntu doesn't. I'll have to check the versions though, because I think the website version is newer than the Ubuntu package.
One and Only
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K MSi Z87-GD65 GAMING EVGA GTX 760 SC GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate LG Blu-Ray Read/Write Hyper 212 Evo Linux Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 19.5" 1600x900 Generic SPI 700W Rosewill Challenger 
MouseAudio
Generic Logitech Small Office Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
One and Only
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K MSi Z87-GD65 GAMING EVGA GTX 760 SC GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate LG Blu-Ray Read/Write Hyper 212 Evo Linux Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 19.5" 1600x900 Generic SPI 700W Rosewill Challenger 
MouseAudio
Generic Logitech Small Office Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 57

I've got 4 rigs on Collatz and this morning when I checked to see if they're still running I see that I've got a boat load of tasks waiting to be uploaded.

 

Checking their webpage I see

 

Quote:

Collatz Conjecture

Project is down

The project's database server is down. Please check back in a few hours.

 

A few hours later and I'm down to my last tasks.

 

Now the question is what to do!

YGBSM!
(18 items)
 
exTC Folder
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Motorola MC6800 SS50 Backplane with support for SS-50 plug in b... MP-C Serial Interface MP-M 8k Ram 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Flex CT-64 CT-1024 Terminal 8V 10 Amp 
Other
SWTPC AC-30 Cassette Interface 
  hide details  
Reply
YGBSM!
(18 items)
 
exTC Folder
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Motorola MC6800 SS50 Backplane with support for SS-50 plug in b... MP-C Serial Interface MP-M 8k Ram 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Flex CT-64 CT-1024 Terminal 8V 10 Amp 
Other
SWTPC AC-30 Cassette Interface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgclb View Post

I've got 4 rigs on Collatz and this morning when I checked to see if they're still running I see that I've got a boat load of tasks waiting to be uploaded.

Checking their webpage I see


A few hours later and I'm down to my last tasks.

Now the question is what to do!

You could run Poem as a backup project. Gridcoin is still gaining.
One and Only
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K MSi Z87-GD65 GAMING EVGA GTX 760 SC GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate LG Blu-Ray Read/Write Hyper 212 Evo Linux Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 19.5" 1600x900 Generic SPI 700W Rosewill Challenger 
MouseAudio
Generic Logitech Small Office Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
One and Only
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K MSi Z87-GD65 GAMING EVGA GTX 760 SC GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate LG Blu-Ray Read/Write Hyper 212 Evo Linux Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 19.5" 1600x900 Generic SPI 700W Rosewill Challenger 
MouseAudio
Generic Logitech Small Office Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSluether View Post

OK, I guess I was confused because Windows has a BOINC download and a BOINC + VirtualBox download, but Ubuntu doesn't. I'll have to check the versions though, because I think the website version is newer than the Ubuntu package.

Yea, they just package it together, but it doesn't do anything special. The only thing is that I remember one project, I think it was the LHC or vLHC project, seemed to work better with the one they provided then the newer one I was was using. I was getting compute errors. Otherwise, BOINC will find that its installed and the appropriate projects will use it. Something like Atlas, I don't remember having any problems with. I guess you could say the version packaged is the recommended version, although the projects list it too. Sorry, I am kind of rambling.
post #30 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSluether View Post

You could run Poem as a backup project. Gridcoin is still gaining.

Nevermind, Poem is down too. More SQL connection errors...
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdaimon View Post

Yea, they just package it together, but it doesn't do anything special. The only thing is that I remember one project, I think it was the LHC or vLHC project, seemed to work better with the one they provided then the newer one I was was using. I was getting compute errors. Otherwise, BOINC will find that its installed and the appropriate projects will use it. Something like Atlas, I don't remember having any problems with. I guess you could say the version packaged is the recommended version, although the projects list it too. Sorry, I am kind of rambling.

Huh, for once, the VirtualBox in the official repositories is the same version available on the website! I just installed it via command line, restarted BOINC, and everything is going fine.
One and Only
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K MSi Z87-GD65 GAMING EVGA GTX 760 SC GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate LG Blu-Ray Read/Write Hyper 212 Evo Linux Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 19.5" 1600x900 Generic SPI 700W Rosewill Challenger 
MouseAudio
Generic Logitech Small Office Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
One and Only
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K MSi Z87-GD65 GAMING EVGA GTX 760 SC GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate LG Blu-Ray Read/Write Hyper 212 Evo Linux Ubuntu 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 19.5" 1600x900 Generic SPI 700W Rosewill Challenger 
MouseAudio
Generic Logitech Small Office Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net BOINC Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net BOINC Team › Projects of the Month for February 2016