Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Performance of the new Alpenföhn Olymp?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Performance of the new Alpenföhn Olymp? - Page 2

post #11 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink3Slyde View Post

Interesting, they have the same performance at high tdp with overclocks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink3Slyde View Post

Interesting, they have the same performance at high tdp with overclocks?
Everything I've seen including my own testing shows them within a couple degrees of each other. I had expected the 8mm pipes to give 4-6c better performance but didnt' get that much. Maybe if I used more voltage for more heat I would see a little more difference, but I ran 4.4GHz on my 920 with only a couple degrees difference. Only did it a couple of times but all tests were same.
post #12 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

do your homework mate. Deepcool is Chinese, Alpenfohn is German. Always has been. But what isn't make in China now?biggrin.gif

Hear hear! lol

There are very few items I buy other than fruit, veggies, meat and guitars that aren't made in china lol
New(old) build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3 1231-V3 gigabyte GA-H97N GTX 1060 G-skill lifetime 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x WD green 1x ocz agility SSD  Modded deepcool Gammaxx Windows 8.1 with classic shell for games. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Fedora KDE for everything else.  Yamakasi catleap q270 Gamdias hermes ultimate  EVGA G2 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Core V1 G303 - Hand cancer edition.  goliathus  AKG k240  
  hide details  
Reply
New(old) build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3 1231-V3 gigabyte GA-H97N GTX 1060 G-skill lifetime 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x WD green 1x ocz agility SSD  Modded deepcool Gammaxx Windows 8.1 with classic shell for games. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Fedora KDE for everything else.  Yamakasi catleap q270 Gamdias hermes ultimate  EVGA G2 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Core V1 G303 - Hand cancer edition.  goliathus  AKG k240  
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post


Everything I've seen including my own testing shows them within a couple degrees of each other. I had expected the 8mm pipes to give 4-6c better performance but didnt' get that much. Maybe if I used more voltage for more heat I would see a little more difference, but I ran 4.4GHz on my 920 with only a couple degrees difference. Only did it a couple of times but all tests were same.

OK thanks, well that is surprising! Considering the 140 power pretty much matches the D14 which itself is more or less equal to anything else out there I believe. Maybe all these massive dual towers are superfluous and we only need the one in reality.

I'd still like to see someone try with the 8mm pipes in dual tower, just for the hell of it smile.gif
post #14 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink3Slyde View Post

OK thanks, well that is surprising! Considering the 140 power pretty much matches the D14 which itself is more or less equal to anything else out there I believe. Maybe all these massive dual towers are superfluous and we only need the one in reality.

I'd still like to see someone try with the 8mm pipes in dual tower, just for the hell of it smile.gif
Thermalright IFX-14, Cogage Arrow, Silver Arrow, PH-TC14PE, and others use 8mm pipes. biggrin.gif
TRUE Spirit 140 Rev. A is mabye 2c warmer than D14.

TRUE Spirit 140 Power thread here has test results of Power and D14. Power beat D14 up to 4c with TY-143 fans.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1477785/thermalright-true-spirit-140-power/20_20#post_22111036
post #15 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Thermalright IFX-14, Cogage Arrow, Silver Arrow, PH-TC14PE, and others use 8mm pipes. biggrin.gif
TRUE Spirit 140 Rev. A is mabye 2c warmer than D14.

TRUE Spirit 140 Power thread here has test results of Power and D14. Power beat D14 up to 4c with TY-143 fans.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1477785/thermalright-true-spirit-140-power/20_20#post_22111036

The Phanteks has 5x8 though right ? I did look up the Silver Arrow earlier and thought it had 8x6mm, at least the SB-E and IB-E do, not sure on the original but I thought it was almost the same apart from some offsetting.

I think the other 2 might be a bit before my time there smile.gif Let's hope this Alpenfohn can produce some magic inside it's heatpipes to transfer the heat to its massive towers then.
post #16 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink3Slyde View Post

The Phanteks has 5x8 though right ? I did look up the Silver Arrow earlier and thought it had 8x6mm, at least the SB-E and IB-E do, not sure on the original but I thought it was almost the same apart from some offsetting.

I think the other 2 might be a bit before my time there smile.gif Let's hope this Alpenfohn can produce some magic inside it's heatpipes to transfer the heat to its massive towers then.
Yes, PH-TC14PE is 5x 8mm pipes. IFX-14, Cogage Arrow & Silver Arrow wee all 4x 8mm pipes. Yes, Silver Arrow SB-E and Silver Arrow IB-E are basically the same with IB-E having offset base.
post #17 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by baii View Post

Alpenföhn stuff seems to never get to top of the pack in reviews, always mediocre somehow.

But they only sell in euro anyways~

I think nans should ship to Canada, and scythe actually have serveral online retail carrying them in US. If you in Canada, I don't see why you can't get one for cheap shipping.

Nan's ships to Canada. For a price. A $39.99US TS 140A requires $32US shipping. On top of that is duty and taxes. And after exchange to our petro-peso, the bargain cooler costs a few dollars more than a D15S or PH-TC14PE.

The Scythe stock at all Canadian stores is old stock. NCIX has only dregs left. No one is stocking the new coolers or fans.

It's ok tho, when the southern US is begging for our fresh water, we'll ask to get paid in exotic Taiwanese air coolers. biggrin.gif
post #18 of 42
I'd like to try out a Phantek cooler but right now the blue or white ones are $75 while the red one is $100. I have red ram and a red sound card and red TY143 fans...........
Junkyard Dog
(17 items)
 
Blackie
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Biostar X370 GT7 Sapphire Nitro Fury G. Skill Ripjaws ddr4 3200 16 GB 4x4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD Western Digital 500gb  Memorex Lightscribe dvd Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 64bit Pixio 27" 1440P yes Seasonic 850 watt  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone Redline RL05 Evoluent vertical mouse yes Creative X-FI  
Other
Sennheiser headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX8370 @ 5 ghz ASUS Sabertooth Sapphire Fury G Skill F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Samsung 850 EVO Memorex Lightscribe dvd Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win X 64 bit Pixio 27" 1440P  yes Seasonic SS-850KM Active PFC F3 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone Redline RL02b Evoluent VM4 yes Creative Soundblaster Z  
Audio
Sennheiser 428 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Junkyard Dog
(17 items)
 
Blackie
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 Biostar X370 GT7 Sapphire Nitro Fury G. Skill Ripjaws ddr4 3200 16 GB 4x4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD Western Digital 500gb  Memorex Lightscribe dvd Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 64bit Pixio 27" 1440P yes Seasonic 850 watt  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone Redline RL05 Evoluent vertical mouse yes Creative X-FI  
Other
Sennheiser headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX8370 @ 5 ghz ASUS Sabertooth Sapphire Fury G Skill F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Samsung 850 EVO Memorex Lightscribe dvd Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win X 64 bit Pixio 27" 1440P  yes Seasonic SS-850KM Active PFC F3 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone Redline RL02b Evoluent VM4 yes Creative Soundblaster Z  
Audio
Sennheiser 428 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklkit View Post

I'd like to try out a Phantek cooler but right now the blue or white ones are $75 while the red one is $100. I have red ram and a red sound card and red TY143 fans...........

Get both of them - Red,White & Blue theme combo. The big Phanteks twin towers make great vrm coolers. biggrin.gif
post #20 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklkit View Post

I'd like to try out a Phantek cooler but right now the blue or white ones are $75 while the red one is $100. I have red ram and a red sound card and red TY143 fans...........

Theres a used red one on Amazon for 70 right now smile.gif

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005ORDOBQ/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1454832242&sr=8-1&keywords=phanteks+phtc+14pe&condition=used
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroCat View Post


It's ok tho, when the southern US is begging for our fresh water, we'll ask to get paid in exotic Taiwanese air coolers. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Yes, PH-TC14PE is 5x 8mm pipes. IFX-14, Cogage Arrow & Silver Arrow wee all 4x 8mm pipes. Yes, Silver Arrow SB-E and Silver Arrow IB-E are basically the same with IB-E having offset base.

Its a shame, I thought that the TS140 Power was going to convince someone to make a dual tower with 6X8 mm pipes that might nudge up performance another notch. Looks like we really are stuck for the moment at around the same level redface.gif I'm guessing 6-8 mm must be the sweet spot for heatpipes as thats what most everyone seems to go for.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Performance of the new Alpenföhn Olymp?