Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Jonsbo / Cooltek Case Gallery and Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Jonsbo / Cooltek Case Gallery and Owners Club - Page 20

post #191 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by secutor666 View Post

Is it just me, or is the Jonsbro website painfully slow? I've seen the pictures before. Might be able to deal with my radiator thickness. Deponents on the motherboard. But the thing is 272mm in length. Is that within standard dimensions?

That's actually on the shorter side for a 240mm radiator, its probably fine.
post #192 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post

That's actually on the shorter side for a 240mm radiator, its probably fine.

Thanks for the help. I will give it some thought till I order the rest of the hardware. Still not 100% sure about the CPU. If anyone has something valuable to add to the whole radiator discussion, you're welcome smile.gif
post #193 of 924
secutor666, I've not yet decided whether to take the glass version or normal one. My cooler will be
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/93Crxr/cryorig-cpu-cooler-h7
with 6700K
Edited by dufreyne - 8/4/16 at 5:36am
post #194 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufreyne View Post

secutor666, I've not yet decided whether to take the glass version or normal one. My cooler will be
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/93Crxr/cryorig-cpu-cooler-h7
with 6700K

I'm running the corsair H50 liquid cooler for 5 years on my 2600k without any problems. I have a huge problem with dust and for me it is way easier to clean a radiator instead of an air cooler. That is also the reason why I am not building a custom water cooled system. It would be way harder to clean. Dust filters are only helpful against coarse dust. Fine dust always finds a way into my case.
post #195 of 924
I've made the decission to transplant my current system (Phanteks Evolv mATX) into a new case, but now I'm on a crossroads... Which case to choose;

- Jonsbo UMX4 Zilver Windowed
- Corsair Carbide 400C
- Hexgear R40

The main question I'm dealing with is 'air'. Both the CPU (240 in top as outtake) & GPU (120 in rear as outtake) will be AIO cooled. The difference in cases is small; the 400C & the R40 have one more intake fan and the 400C has a seperate PSU intake. But I really despise that PSU cover on the 400C and the R40 comes back in stock late September. Though my current system is running okay, the (top outtake/front intake) airflow is restrictive, unlike the UMX4.

Any thoughts about this? rolleyes.gif
zer0ne
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.2GHz Asus Z97 Gryphon Armor Edition EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC 4x Corsair Dominator Platinum 8Gb DDR3-1866 + L... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
2x Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb SSD Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX Liquid Cooler EVGA Hybrid GPU Water Cooler 7x EK-Vardar F4-120 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit BenQ XL2410T LED @ 120Hz Ducky Shine 2 White LED 10-keyless EVGA SuperNova 750W G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Evolv mATX Anthracite Grey Steelseries Sensei Raw Rubberized Razer Destructor 2 Hard Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME Headset 
OtherOther
3x Antec Bias Lighting HDTV USB White LED Strip Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Professional Aud... 
  hide details  
Reply
zer0ne
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.2GHz Asus Z97 Gryphon Armor Edition EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC 4x Corsair Dominator Platinum 8Gb DDR3-1866 + L... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
2x Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb SSD Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX Liquid Cooler EVGA Hybrid GPU Water Cooler 7x EK-Vardar F4-120 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit BenQ XL2410T LED @ 120Hz Ducky Shine 2 White LED 10-keyless EVGA SuperNova 750W G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Evolv mATX Anthracite Grey Steelseries Sensei Raw Rubberized Razer Destructor 2 Hard Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME Headset 
OtherOther
3x Antec Bias Lighting HDTV USB White LED Strip Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Professional Aud... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #196 of 924
UMX4 is great more expensive than the Corsair? which is in my view a little samey and done.
The Hexgear would be awesome but are they not incredibly expensive?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k MSI X99S SLI PLUS MSI GTX 1080 Ti Seahawk EK X 16GB GSKILL 2400 Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 750 Seagate 1TB Seagate 1TB 240GB Mushkin Chronos 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custome water loop, EK Supremecy MX CPU Block,... Windows 10 Pro 64Bit AOC 4k U2879VF Speedlink Ultor red switched tkl keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Snow Silent 750 Platinum Cooltek W2 upgraded to tempered glass window pa... Steelseries Rival 310 ASUS Anniversary Mousepad 
Audio
Fnatic Duel Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k MSI X99S SLI PLUS MSI GTX 1080 Ti Seahawk EK X 16GB GSKILL 2400 Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 750 Seagate 1TB Seagate 1TB 240GB Mushkin Chronos 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custome water loop, EK Supremecy MX CPU Block,... Windows 10 Pro 64Bit AOC 4k U2879VF Speedlink Ultor red switched tkl keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Snow Silent 750 Platinum Cooltek W2 upgraded to tempered glass window pa... Steelseries Rival 310 ASUS Anniversary Mousepad 
Audio
Fnatic Duel Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #197 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerMan1971 View Post

UMX4 is great more expensive than the Corsair? which is in my view a little samey and done.
The Hexgear would be awesome but are they not incredibly expensive?

The price difference is €50,- between the UMX4 and 400C. The R40 is €260,- without import tax etc. But price isn't really of an issue. wink.gif
I just think it's weird that most cases have more outtake than intake, you want to create positive pressure right... So it should be the other way around.
zer0ne
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.2GHz Asus Z97 Gryphon Armor Edition EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC 4x Corsair Dominator Platinum 8Gb DDR3-1866 + L... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
2x Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb SSD Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX Liquid Cooler EVGA Hybrid GPU Water Cooler 7x EK-Vardar F4-120 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit BenQ XL2410T LED @ 120Hz Ducky Shine 2 White LED 10-keyless EVGA SuperNova 750W G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Evolv mATX Anthracite Grey Steelseries Sensei Raw Rubberized Razer Destructor 2 Hard Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME Headset 
OtherOther
3x Antec Bias Lighting HDTV USB White LED Strip Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Professional Aud... 
  hide details  
Reply
zer0ne
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.2GHz Asus Z97 Gryphon Armor Edition EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC 4x Corsair Dominator Platinum 8Gb DDR3-1866 + L... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
2x Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb SSD Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX Liquid Cooler EVGA Hybrid GPU Water Cooler 7x EK-Vardar F4-120 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit BenQ XL2410T LED @ 120Hz Ducky Shine 2 White LED 10-keyless EVGA SuperNova 750W G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Evolv mATX Anthracite Grey Steelseries Sensei Raw Rubberized Razer Destructor 2 Hard Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME Headset 
OtherOther
3x Antec Bias Lighting HDTV USB White LED Strip Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Professional Aud... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #198 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenn84 View Post

The price difference is €50,- between the UMX4 and 400C. The R40 is €260,- without import tax etc. But price isn't really of an issue. wink.gif
I just think it's weird that most cases have more outtake than intake, you want to create positive pressure right... So it should be the other way around.

Its just odd, because quality wise, the 400C is not even in the same league as the other two. I'd say Corsair is among the worst of the mainstream enthousiast case manufacturers(Phanteks, Fractal, etc.) these days. And you'd be much better off sticking with your Evolv as its a much nicer case.

You won't have to pay import taxes on the Hexgear, as they're UK based, so for the time being they're still part of the EU.

You don't have to use every fan location in a case, just use the ones that will result in efficient, balanced(preferably on the side of positive) airflow. Airblow is useless.

Imo, if your're willing to spend the money, the R40 is a really nice case. Its very customizable, it looks great, amd its easy to set up proper airflow with positive pressure in that one.

UMX4 would be my second choice, it also has a pretty easy airflow path, but you'll probably have slight negative pressure is just two intakes in the bottom and 2 exhaust fans on top because the bottom fans are filtered. But because they're filtered dust intake will probably be much lower than on the R40 anyway, so the slight negative pressure isn't the end of the world.
post #199 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post

Its just odd, because quality wise, the 400C is not even in the same league as the other two. I'd say Corsair is among the worst of the mainstream enthousiast case manufacturers(Phanteks, Fractal, etc.) these days. And you'd be much better off sticking with your Evolv as its a much nicer case.

You won't have to pay import taxes on the Hexgear, as they're UK based, so for the time being they're still part of the EU.

You don't have to use every fan location in a case, just use the ones that will result in efficient, balanced(preferably on the side of positive) airflow. Airblow is useless.

Imo, if your're willing to spend the money, the R40 is a really nice case. Its very customizable, it looks great, amd its easy to set up proper airflow with positive pressure in that one.

UMX4 would be my second choice, it also has a pretty easy airflow path, but you'll probably have slight negative pressure is just two intakes in the bottom and 2 exhaust fans on top because the bottom fans are filtered. But because they're filtered dust intake will probably be much lower than on the R40 anyway, so the slight negative pressure isn't the end of the world.

The Evolv looks nice, but acts like one giant heatsink with all the panels attached, with them removed it's perfect though. A friend of mine has the 400C, and it does the job, but it's lesser quality. On FB, Hexgear stated they'd be offering dust filters to go with the R40, on the other hand I don't know if I feel like waiting... Ow yeah, UK is still in, forgot about that. And I can live with slight negative pressure. tongue.gif I also took a look at Caselabs Nova X2M, considered doing a mATX conversion. But since it would require a lot of modding to get it in standard orientation, I'm put off by it.

I'll just have to do the 24 hour rule I guess.thumb.gif
zer0ne
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.2GHz Asus Z97 Gryphon Armor Edition EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC 4x Corsair Dominator Platinum 8Gb DDR3-1866 + L... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
2x Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb SSD Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX Liquid Cooler EVGA Hybrid GPU Water Cooler 7x EK-Vardar F4-120 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit BenQ XL2410T LED @ 120Hz Ducky Shine 2 White LED 10-keyless EVGA SuperNova 750W G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Evolv mATX Anthracite Grey Steelseries Sensei Raw Rubberized Razer Destructor 2 Hard Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME Headset 
OtherOther
3x Antec Bias Lighting HDTV USB White LED Strip Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Professional Aud... 
  hide details  
Reply
zer0ne
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.2GHz Asus Z97 Gryphon Armor Edition EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC 4x Corsair Dominator Platinum 8Gb DDR3-1866 + L... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
2x Samsung 850 EVO 250Gb SSD Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX Liquid Cooler EVGA Hybrid GPU Water Cooler 7x EK-Vardar F4-120 PWM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit BenQ XL2410T LED @ 120Hz Ducky Shine 2 White LED 10-keyless EVGA SuperNova 750W G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Evolv mATX Anthracite Grey Steelseries Sensei Raw Rubberized Razer Destructor 2 Hard Sennheiser PC 360 G4ME Headset 
OtherOther
3x Antec Bias Lighting HDTV USB White LED Strip Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Professional Aud... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #200 of 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenn84 View Post

The Evolv looks nice, but acts like one giant heatsink with all the panels attached, with them removed it's perfect though. A friend of mine has the 400C, and it does the job, but it's lesser quality. On FB, Hexgear stated they'd be offering dust filters to go with the R40, on the other hand I don't know if I feel like waiting... Ow yeah, UK is still in, forgot about that. And I can live with slight negative pressure. tongue.gif I also took a look at Caselabs Nova X2M, considered doing a mATX conversion. But since it would require a lot of modding to get it in standard orientation, I'm put off by it.

I'll just have to do the 24 hour rule I guess.thumb.gif

I don't see the issue with the "heatsink" panels of your Evolv? If the air in your case is warmer than the ambient temp your panels are going to warm up, its the same for every case, just more noticable on aluminum cases.

Haven't read anything on dust filters for the R40 yet, got a link?

A Nova X2M is probably one of the easier cases to convert, but its still an extensive mod, if you're not up for that kind of modding than its obviously not a good idea. But on the topic of CL, what about the new Bullet BH4?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Jonsbo / Cooltek Case Gallery and Owners Club