Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCGamer] Far Cry Primal 101 video reveals the deadly details
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PCGamer] Far Cry Primal 101 video reveals the deadly details - Page 4

post #31 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

In what way? The story was better on FC3 and generally Jungle just looks better then Mountain terrain. Graphics were not really upgraded as much.

I played 4 first and then after I beat it twice, I moved on to 3. Granted, I had 2x to 3x 980 Ti at the time I was playing them so I could max out settings. 4 was a huge leap and one of the best looking games (graphics and scenery) I've ever played. As far as the story, the FC3 kids were terrible with poor voice acting, same with the other characters like Vaas. Maybe it's because FC4 had foreign accents but I feel they had much better voice actors. FC3 felt cheesy the entire time too, especially since you're playing a character that's whiny little... That just killed it for me. IMO they should do a reboot and just redo every cut scene with different voice actors.
post #32 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdarkreap3rxx View Post

I played 4 first and then after I beat it twice, I moved on to 3. Granted, I had 2x to 3x 980 Ti at the time I was playing them so I could max out settings. 4 was a huge leap and one of the best looking games (graphics and scenery) I've ever played. As far as the story, the FC3 kids were terrible with poor voice acting, same with the other characters like Vaas. Maybe it's because FC4 had foreign accents but I feel they had much better voice actors. FC3 felt cheesy the entire time too, especially since you're playing a character that's whiny little... That just killed it for me. IMO they should do a reboot and just redo every cut scene with different voice actors.

Lol.Vaas was FC3. If you did not like Vass voice then you did not get FC3. You played 4 before. That makes sense. You basically got bored of FC style so by the time you played 3 you got bored to hell. Yes FC4 had more graphics option but without GimpWorks it did not look much different then FC3. When I talk difference is something like Witcher 2 to Witcher 3 difference and not BF3 to BF4.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

Lol.Vaas was FC3. If you did not like Vass voice then you did not get FC3. You played 4 before. That makes sense. You basically got bored of FC style so by the time you played 3 you got bored to hell. Yes FC4 had more graphics option but without GimpWorks it did not look much different then FC3. When I talk difference is something like Witcher 2 to Witcher 3 difference and not BF3 to BF4.

I didn't get bored of FC style at all. I loved the game except for the cutscenes and the worse (but not terrible) graphics. I'm not sure how you can even say there isn't much difference visually between 3 and 4. My guess would be you haven't played 3 in a while so your recollection of the graphics are better than what they actually were. I don't know about the Witcher example since I've only played 3 for maybe an hour at most (terrible game) but going from Battlefield 3 to 4 was what I would consider a small leap visually (and I also played 4 before playing 3).
post #34 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdubb View Post

The Ubisoft US channel has it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI_HA5Hfr54

thank you sir! thumb.gif

i'll bbl to make some "it's 2016! if i can shoot stuff and see animated bewbies what else is there?!" comment later. biggrin.gif

MGSV:TPP's quiet has me wondering if something is wrong w/me thinking.gif
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdarkreap3rxx View Post

I didn't get bored of FC style at all. I loved the game except for the cutscenes and the worse (but not terrible) graphics. I'm not sure how you can even say there isn't much difference visually between 3 and 4. My guess would be you haven't played 3 in a while so your recollection of the graphics are better than what they actually were. I don't know about the Witcher example since I've only played 3 for maybe an hour at most (terrible game) but going from Battlefield 3 to 4 was what I would consider a small leap visually (and I also played 4 before playing 3).

Here is the thing. If you play Crysis 3 before Crysis 3 then Crysis 2 will look and be even worse. Try playing Witcher 2 or 1 after you play Witcher 3. You will be hugely disappointed. I played FC3 2 years after it came out and liked the store and graphics were good enough to enjoy the game. Tried FC4 and really did not like the story and graphics were not good enough to drag that boring story. Since you did not like the FC3 story much then I see what FC4 is better. Doing random stuff in the world FC4 has more things to do and more places to explore.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

Here is the thing. If you play Crysis 3 before Crysis 3 then Crysis 2 will look and be even worse. Try playing Witcher 2 or 1 after you play Witcher 3. You will be hugely disappointed. I played FC3 2 years after it came out and liked the store and graphics were good enough to enjoy the game. Tried FC4 and really did not like the story and graphics were not good enough to drag that boring story. Since you did not like the FC3 story much then I see what FC4 is better. Doing random stuff in the world FC4 has more things to do and more places to explore.

Not necessarily. Battlefield 3 and 4 aren't that different to me visually. FC3 and FC4 gap was way bigger than BF3 and BF4. Keep in mind, FC3 was released ~1 year after Battlefield 3 yet it looks terrible in comparison to BF3. FC4 even came out a year after BF4 and they both look stunning to me.

It doesn't have to do with random stuff in the world. FC3 and FC4 are the same to me in that aspect. The story of 3 just sucks in comparison to 4. If I'm playing a game and I don't even want to watch a single cutscene, then that to me is a game with a poor story (like Just Cause 3).
post #37 of 80
where's the insects?

really. when the vid talked about having to watch yourself at night i thought, hey a ten foot spider comes along and wrapping you up for the young ones to feast on when they're born.

then you're "beast master" butt has to get out it before they hatch and munch on you like a buffet.


maybe i watched too many b-rated horror flicks?
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 80
I think the graphics in both games was more than acceptable. I also felt that the story and gameplay was more than good enough in both games. Vaas was an excellent bad guy, one of the best in recent memory. The story is not exactly believable and requires suspension of disbelief but it's a video game so I feel like it should be this way. I enjoyed the hell out of both (and FC2) and I really couldn't tell you which one I like more, single player at least. I can say that the coop in FC4 was quite a bit of fun, I really like it when you can do story stuff in coop. For that feature alone I have more appreciation for FC4.
Computer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080ti FE (EK block) CORSAIR Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Mushkin Reactor Custom Loop Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Ben Q BL3201PT Logitech G110 EVGA 1300w Thermatake Core P5 
MouseAudio
LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE Corsair 2100 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080ti FE (EK block) CORSAIR Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Mushkin Reactor Custom Loop Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Ben Q BL3201PT Logitech G110 EVGA 1300w Thermatake Core P5 
MouseAudio
LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE Corsair 2100 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 80
FC3's graphics were definitely good for the time period. People have to remember that FC3 came out in the era of Kepler. The 680 launched ~ Mar 22, 2012 and FC3 released Nov 2012. The 780 came out in May 2013...

Maybe it was just me but I thought it was a HUGE leap in graphics from FC2 since that was so long ago in 2008... What happened? lol

For me I'm still working my way through FC4. It's been very enjoyable and I kind of care less about the story line as I do exploring and enjoying the great graphics. IMHO.... thumb.gif
post #40 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakewalk_S View Post

FC3's graphics were definitely good for the time period. People have to remember that FC3 came out in the era of Kepler. The 680 launched ~ Mar 22, 2012 and FC3 released Nov 2012. The 780 came out in May 2013...

Maybe it was just me but I thought it was a HUGE leap in graphics from FC2 since that was so long ago in 2008... What happened? lol

For me I'm still working my way through FC4. It's been very enjoyable and I kind of care less about the story line as I do exploring and enjoying the great graphics. IMHO.... thumb.gif


Find a friend with FC4 and do some elephant raids!
Computer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080ti FE (EK block) CORSAIR Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Mushkin Reactor Custom Loop Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Ben Q BL3201PT Logitech G110 EVGA 1300w Thermatake Core P5 
MouseAudio
LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE Corsair 2100 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080ti FE (EK block) CORSAIR Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Mushkin Reactor Custom Loop Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Ben Q BL3201PT Logitech G110 EVGA 1300w Thermatake Core P5 
MouseAudio
LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE Corsair 2100 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCGamer] Far Cry Primal 101 video reveals the deadly details