Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] Liquorice Allsorts: CaseLabs S5 + Pedestal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] Liquorice Allsorts: CaseLabs S5 + Pedestal - Page 29

post #281 of 601
Will this be an get better over time after the treatment? Or will you have to go back for a follow up?
post #282 of 601
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexpot View Post

Will this be an get better over time after the treatment? Or will you have to go back for a follow up?

Better over time. He trimmed the protruding disk and this is about a 10% chance of re-protruding. So ... 90% of full recovery.

But at the moment, I am just a little sore and sorry for myself.

Anyway ... enough about me ... more about my Mercury build tongue.gifbiggrin.gifsozo.gifwheee.gif
post #283 of 601
Thread Starter 
My Aquaero is at the top of my flex-bays so I have to run fan cables from the fans and pumps up to the top of the case.

Pop Quiz ... which is which?


LiqAsrt-0325-Aquaero.jpg
post #284 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffhi View Post

My Aquaero is at the top of my flex-bays so I have to run fan cables from the fans and pumps up to the top of the case.

Pop Quiz ... which is which?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
LiqAsrt-0325-Aquaero.jpg

P=Phan
F=Fump

I win ?
post #285 of 601
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFinside View Post

I win ?

Yep ... you are too smart for me!
post #286 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFinside View Post

P=Phan
F=Fump

I win ?

thumb.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core-I5 7600K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16GB 3000Mhz C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Evo SSD 250GB (OS) WD Cavier Black 1TB (Data) WD Velociraptor 150GB (Flight Sim) EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block - Nickel 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK-FC1080 GTX Strix - Nickel Windows 10 64-Bit LG 34UM68-P 34" 21:9 UltraWide Full HD IPS LED WASD Custom Mechanical w/ Cherry MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster V1200 Platinum Thermaltake View 27 Logitech G602 Logitech G440 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Bose Companion 3 Series II Saitek Pro Flight Yoke / Throttle Quadrant  Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals Saitek X52 Flight System 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core-I5 7600K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16GB 3000Mhz C15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Evo SSD 250GB (OS) WD Cavier Black 1TB (Data) WD Velociraptor 150GB (Flight Sim) EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block - Nickel 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK-FC1080 GTX Strix - Nickel Windows 10 64-Bit LG 34UM68-P 34" 21:9 UltraWide Full HD IPS LED WASD Custom Mechanical w/ Cherry MX Blues 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster V1200 Platinum Thermaltake View 27 Logitech G602 Logitech G440 
AudioOtherOtherOther
Bose Companion 3 Series II Saitek Pro Flight Yoke / Throttle Quadrant  Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals Saitek X52 Flight System 
  hide details  
Reply
post #287 of 601
Thread Starter 
Short Update on Outstanding Items - update #2
  1. 2 x 8-pin secondary motherboard power extensions
    • Work out the maths for different cable lengths
    • Options re color combinations
    • cut wire to length, pin, sleeve, take pain killers for damage to fingers
    • plug into fittings, add combs, attach extension to PSU
  2. Aquaero & Fan / Pump management
    • Wire power supply to Aquaero
    • Wire in case fans (intake / exhaust) in Aquaero - fan port #1
    • Wire in temperature probes - one on the loop, one on the right pedestal fans, one on the left pedestal fans
    • Wire pedestal fans in Aquaero - fan port #2 (black cable)
    • Wire pumps in Aquaero - fan port #3 (white cable)
    • Wire RPM reporting cable to Motherboard
  3. Tubing
    • Hardline tubing to Flow Meter
    • Soft tubing from flow meter to CPU block
    • Soft tubing from CPU block to Reservior
  4. ODD / HDD / SSD
    • Install and connect power and data
  5. Power / Reset Switch
    • Install
    • Create 'Case Mod' to cover power / reset switches
    • Ensure Case Mod also provides cable conduit to items at top of flex-bay (ie Aquaero)

Why is it that every time I check the required length of some wires (ie Aquaero power cable), add a margin of error, strip, crimp and sleeve ... it always ends up too short? I think I need to add a good inch for my crimping and sleeving.
Edited by ruffhi - 7/11/16 at 4:07pm
post #288 of 601
Holy cow that's some crazy colors. I like it
post #289 of 601
Thread Starter 
Short Update on Outstanding Items - update #2

  1. 2 x 8-pin secondary motherboard power extensions
    • Work out the maths for different cable lengths
    • Options re color combinations
    • cut wire to length, pin, sleeve, take pain killers for damage to fingers
    • plug into fittings, add combs, attach extension to PSU
  2. Aquaero & Fan / Pump management
    • Wire power supply to Aquaero
    • Wire in case fans (intake / exhaust) in Aquaero - fan port #1
    • Wire in temperature probes
    • Wire pedestal fans in Aquaero - fan port #2
    • Wire pumps in Aquaero - fan port #3
    • Wire RPM reporting cable to Motherboard
  3. Tubing
    • Hardline tubing to Flow Meter
    • Soft tubing from flow meter to CPU block
    • Soft tubing from CPU block to Reservior
  4. ODD / HDD / SSD
    • Install and connect power and data
  5. Power / Reset Switch
    • Install
    • Create 'Case Mod' to cover power / reset switches - measurements taken
    • Ensure Case Mod also provides cable conduit to items at top of flex-bay (ie Aquaero)

I have put in some cable management holders as well as cutting the front section panel to hide all of the stuff. Data sata cables and a shipment from Performance PC come today. I should be able to complete the hardline / softline tubing.
post #290 of 601
Thread Starter 
LiqAsrt-Header.jpg

2 x 8-Pin Extension Cable + Front Panel Section

I've finished the 2 x 8-pin expansion cable. It now looks like a 16-pin expansion cable ...

LiqAsrt-0326.jpg
LiqAsrt-0327.jpg
LiqAsrt-0328.jpg

I also cut up one of my white solid drop in plates to make a front section cover ...

LiqAsrt-0329.jpg
LiqAsrt-0330.jpg

Finally, the PPCs delivery with the smaller 90° fitting came in ... now I can plumb up the CPU and back to the reservoir.

Barrow fitting on the left, Koolance Swiveling Angle Fitting on the right.


LiqAsrt-0331.jpg


LiqAsrt-Footer.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Build Log] Liquorice Allsorts: CaseLabs S5 + Pedestal