Originally Posted by DerComissar
I'm not very good at figuring temp. deltas out yet, but certainly yours look good.Imo, hang on to those beautiful white rads and see how they work out for you.
Yeah, I've heard about how rad fins are best not painted and all that, but the difference with the lovely white paint on yours may not be so significant to worry about.
I guess I just really like Hardware Labs radiators, I had one in an earlier build, and the quality was fantastic.
Little things, like the screw guards, the extra ports, and they're usually very clean inside from the factory.
Aaaaand, the white paint (powder coat?) finish on yours is simply gorgeous.
Damn good job on the build and log, by the way!
I guess I should have kept my mouth shut.
But Ruff DID receive a copy of the same email I received from PPCS so he knows I was not making up vapor here.
This is how it happened.
1) I loved Mr Ruff's white rads with white fins so much.
2) But white rads in my S8S would not work out, since I'm keeping white as an accent only color.
3) So the first opportunity I could find to jump into some of the gorgeous white Hardware Labs Multiport rads was updating my S8 test bench, (photo below) removing a single XSPC RX 360 v3 black rad and replacing with a HWL MP 120 in white/white and a HWL MP 240 in white/white
4) I placed the order one morning and then received an email from PPCS stating the white fin rads did not perform as well as the black fin, they called it a mistake, so I changed my order to white frame black fin. I go to PPCS at least three times a month and I really like those guys and Mary she does my sleeving, she is so awesome
5) I thought this was a KNOWN issue and the reason they no longer were selling the white frame white fin special edition radiators
6) I made the mistake of mentioning this in a public forum, when I should have just sent a nice PM to Mr. RUFF
7) So you will hear two statements from PPCS, one public one private
8) I don't want to lose any friendships here so I said no more about it, and I WILL NOT POST the email saying not to purchase the white fins.
9) Mr. Ruff received that email so he knows I was only trying to help him, and was not trying to stir up any controversy
10) If Mr. Ruff is happy then that's all that's important here
Personally, I would press the issue and get those two 360 white/white fans RMA'd send back to PPCS, and have them send two 360 rads with white housing and black fins. If it was my rig I would sleep better at night.
But that is totally up to Mr. Ruff.
I try to help someone and get caught between a rock and thrown under a bus. Geez.
They are very beautiful radiators in either color combination
I've decided to NO LONGER be active in the OCN forums due to this matter, you try and tell the truth and it blows up in your face. Edited by iBruce - 8/28/16 at 2:28am