Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [WCCF] HITMAN To Feature Best Implementation Of DX12 Async Compute Yet, Says AMD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[WCCF] HITMAN To Feature Best Implementation Of DX12 Async Compute Yet, Says AMD - Page 45

post #441 of 799
welp Beta is here


PkcLAT2.jpg
post #442 of 799
sad-smiley-002.gif That internet.. I get 4Mb/s(yes, Bit) if I'm lucky..
post #443 of 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaSceptre View Post

sad-smiley-002.gif That internet.. I get 4Mb/s(yes, Bit) if I'm lucky..



it's not full speed for some weird reason rolleyes.gif , usually i get 35mb/s DL speed
post #444 of 799
Looks like they have added it to certain cards and cpus.
http://videocardz.com/58259/hitman-free-with-radeon-graphics-cards
post #445 of 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by kx11 View Post

welp Beta is here


PkcLAT2.jpg

Sweet. Hopefully this means we will start seeing some performance data sooner than I expected.
Computer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080ti FE (EK block) CORSAIR Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Mushkin Reactor Custom Loop Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Ben Q BL3201PT Logitech G110 EVGA 1300w Thermatake Core P5 
MouseAudio
LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE Corsair 2100 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080ti FE (EK block) CORSAIR Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Mushkin Reactor Custom Loop Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Ben Q BL3201PT Logitech G110 EVGA 1300w Thermatake Core P5 
MouseAudio
LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE Corsair 2100 
  hide details  
Reply
post #446 of 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

TBH, why should they?
Are they still selling kepler cards? Does it give them money to optimise for kepler?
They are in the business of selling cards.

AMD 200 series gets some extra optimisation because 300 is a rebrand. If it wasn't, I doubt that increase performance would have happen on AMD. This is also eating up AMD sales, people sticking to the 200 series. Which is another reason why the 900 series is doing so well for nvidia.

Because its the non-douchebag thing to do. A GTX 960 beating a GTX 780 and closing up to a Titan seems fine to you? Personally as I like to upgrade every 2-3 generations I wouldn't go with Nvidia again given that AMD cards aren't being dumped in the trash can after just 1 year of being released.

Also AMD isn't only optimizing Hawaii for the rebrands, they are also optimizing Tahiti and Pitcairn, just watch the increasingly impressive performance those cards can output today compared to last year, or the year before.

And yes, it can give them money, there are people like me who are aware enough to see the value on a card that last longer than a year without decreasing performance on newer titles, people who won't have the confidence on upgrading to another Nvidia card in the future until this gets fixed, Nvidia's desire of saving money by choosing to not optimize their older cards to force people to upgrade could backfire, they are in the business of selling Graphics Cards not Kleenex wipes, the GPU Business needs the confidence of its customers where the great majority of them don't upgrade every year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

You can relax. You are wrong as usual. There have been several discussions on this in the past. AMD saying that async is not possible in Nvidia is of course the most reliable source of information regarding nvidia rolleyes.gif

I don't know how often you're wrong but Nvidia can't do Async Computing because they simply don't have the ACE Hardware, saying they can is like saying AMD Cards can do PhysX, PhysX is offloaded to the CPU on AMD GPUs as ACE Commands are offloaded to the CPU on Nvidia cards, both implementations sucks. thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defoler View Post

Since then AMD performance in tessellation went down hill, so it is now useless?

Amount of tessellation can be controlled by the developer. Many end up reducing it to not hurt AMD cards.

You're not thinking clearly. Tessellation is a great feature, a sea beneath the ground full of Tessellation is useless, Gerald's x64 Tessellation hair that looks exactly the same as X8 is useless, the over Tesselleted fur is useless, Developers don't reduce tessellation for AMD Hardware, Wrong again, AMD's "Tessellation Optimized Settings" do through drivers and even then they can't optimize for Gameworks effect, you'll have to do it manually. I hope you can spot the difference.
Edited by Dargonplay - 2/17/16 at 11:42am
post #447 of 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargonplay View Post

Because its the non-douchebag thing to do. A GTX 960 beating a GTX 780 and closing up to a Titan seems fine to you? Personally as I like to upgrade every 2-3 generations I wouldn't go with Nvidia again given that AMD cards aren't being dumped in the trash can after just 1 year of being released.

Also AMD isn't only optimizing Hawaii for the rebrands, they are also optimizing Tahiti and Pitcairn, just watch the increasingly impressive performance those cards can output today compared to last year, or the year before.

And yes, it can give them money, there are people like me who are aware enough to see the value on a card that last longer than a year without decreasing performance on newer titles, people who won't have the confidence on upgrading to another Nvidia card in the future until this gets fixed, Nvidia's desire of saving money by choosing to not optimize their older cards to force people to upgrade could backfire, they are in the business of selling Graphics Cards not Kleenex wipes, the GPU Business needs the confidence of its customers where the great majority of them don't upgrade every year.
I don't know how often you're wrong but Nvidia can't do Async Computing because they simply don't have the ACE Hardware, saying they can is like saying AMD Cards can do PhysX, PhysX is offloaded to the CPU on AMD GPUs as ACE Commands are offloaded to the CPU on Nvidia cards, both implementations sucks. thumb.gif
You're not thinking clearly. Tessellation is a great feature, a sea beneath the ground full of Tessellation is useless, Gerald's x64 Tessellation hair that looks exactly the same as X8 is useless, the over Tesselleted fur is useless, Developers don't reduce tessellation for AMD Hardware, Wrong again, AMD's "Tessellation Optimized Settings" do through drivers and even then they can't optimize for Gameworks effect, you'll have to do it manually. I hope you can spot the difference.

Part of my urge to upgrade is more want than need. I like getting new hardware. Having said that, when I upgrade this time I fully plan to go AMD. I have had my 980 for 13 months and I have the stupid upgrade itch. redface.gif
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
Super P's rig
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x ASUS X99-A II Asus GTX 1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
MyDigitalSSD BPX NVMe Samsung 850 EVO Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB External DVDRW 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-XLC Predator 240 Swiftech 240mm Radiator Windows 10 Samsung 40" 4K - UN40KU6290 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G710+ EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 Fractal Design Define S G700s 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Vipamz Extended XXXL Asus U7 M-Audio AV40 Sennheiser HD 439 
  hide details  
Reply
post #448 of 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by kx11 View Post

it's not full speed for some weird reason rolleyes.gif , usually i get 35mb/s DL speed
What kind of crazy line do you got?
post #449 of 799
Dang and I thought I was pimipin' running with a 150M line and getting 21 MB/s on Steam. tongue.gif

#firstworldproblems
post #450 of 799
Quote:
Originally Posted by kx11 View Post

it's not full speed for some weird reason rolleyes.gif , usually i get 35mb/s DL speed

Do you mean 35MB/s? If so then that is insane.. Those speeds you posted already exceed 35Mb/s.

I can't imagine what it's like to not have to wait 3 days to download a game.. mad.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [WCCF] HITMAN To Feature Best Implementation Of DX12 Async Compute Yet, Says AMD