Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Gamespot] Quantum Break confirmed for PC(Updated Requirements in OP)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Gamespot] Quantum Break confirmed for PC(Updated Requirements in OP) - Page 8

post #71 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1990 View Post

This mentality is seen by all platforms. I saw a good amount of it from PC fans regarding Witcher 3.
Ps4 fanboys are just poking Xbox fanboys, it is what always happens, and it would happen if a month before release Naughty Dog said Uncharted 4 was coming to PC.

I own both systems and plan for a PC upgrade when Zen/HBM2 comes out later this year, however I understand Xbox fanboys reactions. It is great for PC gamers that they get more games, it is what should happen. However how Microsoft went about it is bad. They basically waited till the game was out to say, hey the game is also coming out for pc now that all the xbox fans got their Xbox one and pre-ordered the game. This game was an exclusive from the time it was announced in 2013, and a month before it comes out they say it is also coming to PC. This mentality of theirs will do nothing but hurt their Xbox Division, the reason being that any upcoming and future exclusives that would be system sellers, people will just wait to see if it comes out for PC instead of buying an Xbox One ahead of time to be ready for the game.

That's why i said the fanboys are going nuts.. All fanboys are the same.

As for the bold part, well.. People are on console because most of them can't afford the PC's capable of running tripple-A's/ have other priority's and don't think the extra money is worth it. Then there's all the other tired and incorrect old arguments of, "well, consoles use controllers, consoles can be played on a couch, blah blah, etc." Why do all those arguments stop the moment an Xbox exclusive is announced for PC? Does everyone have a gaming PC/ can everyone afford one all of a sudden? If so then why do the consoles exist in the first place? rolleyes.gif

QB and the others are still only available on one console, so they still serve their purpose. You cannot play them on PS4 so you have to get an X1, or if you can afford it, on PC. It's a win-win for MS, the only ones that this may affect are PC gamers buying the X1, but how many of those PC gamers who are already on the top platform would buy a console for a couple exclusives? I don't think many. Manufacturers make most of their money from software, if PC gamers are still going to buy multiplats on PC then MS doesn't get much benefit in selling them a console, so at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter much.

The only reason this is making so much news is the "console war".
Edited by GorillaSceptre - 2/12/16 at 12:19pm
post #72 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicClocker View Post


Yup, Xbox fanboys took to Twitter and started having a go at Phil Spencer because this game is coming to PC, it's very entertaining reading all of these tweets. lachen.gif

We don't moan when PC games go to consoles, so why are they moaning?

It's a great thing when games go to other platforms and more people get to experience the games. What kind of selfish mentality is that?

They just want a reason to justify dropping the money on a gloried set box more or less. I'm glad games are becoming available on multiple platforms. So far I just been rocking the PC, Wii U, and 3DS. Pretty much can play the majority of games I am interested in. biggrin.gif At this rate I can probably stick to just having the Wii U as the console and play every things else on the PC.

Though I get the funky feeling Sony going to keep KG3 and a few other games exclusive to PS4. If they do bring it to PC....hell dang I might actually finally drop 60 bucks for a game.



....crap DX12...means the game stuck to 10. Ugh. Might have to set a separate drive with 10 for DX12 games since I don't want that darn OS as my main...hmmmm, wonder how well it would work in a VM.
Edited by Ithanul - 2/12/16 at 12:22pm
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960X Gigabyte X99-UD3P GTX 1080Ti SC GTX 1070 SC 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 1070 SC GSkill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial m4 512GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate Barracuda 3TB EK EVO 2x EK Full Nickel/Acetal Titan X Block Monsoon Premium Bay Res v.2/ Vero D5 pump insta... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
HWLab Black Ice 360/ 3x eLoops in Push/Pull Phobya 200/ Cooler Master Mega Flow Fan in Push Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Overlord 1440P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Vengeance Corsair AX1200W Cooler Master Haf X Modded Logitech G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1090T ASUS Sabertooth 990FX GTX960 FTW @ 1552MHz / Stock volts GTX980 STRIX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Vegeance 8GB Intel SSD Corsair H60 Corsair H55/Kraken G10 on GTX960 
OSPowerCase
Ubuntu 15.04 Thermaltake Black Widow 850W NZXT Apollo (Soon to change) 
CPUOSCase
Intel Core i3 Ubuntu 14.04LTS Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960X Gigabyte X99-UD3P GTX 1080Ti SC GTX 1070 SC 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 1070 SC GSkill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial m4 512GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate Barracuda 3TB EK EVO 2x EK Full Nickel/Acetal Titan X Block Monsoon Premium Bay Res v.2/ Vero D5 pump insta... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
HWLab Black Ice 360/ 3x eLoops in Push/Pull Phobya 200/ Cooler Master Mega Flow Fan in Push Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Overlord 1440P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K70 Vengeance Corsair AX1200W Cooler Master Haf X Modded Logitech G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1090T ASUS Sabertooth 990FX GTX960 FTW @ 1552MHz / Stock volts GTX980 STRIX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
Corsair Vegeance 8GB Intel SSD Corsair H60 Corsair H55/Kraken G10 on GTX960 
OSPowerCase
Ubuntu 15.04 Thermaltake Black Widow 850W NZXT Apollo (Soon to change) 
CPUOSCase
Intel Core i3 Ubuntu 14.04LTS Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaSceptre View Post

That's why i said the fanboys are going nuts.. All fanboys are the same.

As for the bold part, well.. People are on console because most of them can't afford the PC's capable of running tripple-A's/ have other priority's and don't think the extra money is worth it. Then there's all the other tired and incorrect old arguments of, "well, consoles use controllers, consoles can be played on a couch, blah blah, etc." Why do all those arguments stop the moment an Xbox exclusive is announced for PC? Does everyone have a gaming PC/ can everyone afford one all of a sudden? If so then why do the consoles exist in the first place? rolleyes.gif

QB and the others are still only available on one console, so they still serve their purpose. You cannot play them on PS4 so you have to get an X1, or if you can afford it, on PC. It's a win-win for MS, the only ones that this may affect are PC gamers buying the X1, but how many of those PC gamers who are already on the top platform would buy a console for a couple exclusives? I don't think many. Manufacturers make most of their money from software, if PC gamers are still going to buy multiplats on PC then MS doesn't get much benefit in selling them a console, so at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter much.

The only reason this is making so much news is the "console war".

I would say a lot of people are on console because that is where their friends are. That is one of the main reasons I have not upgraded my pc for several years now(it helps that ff14 is on ps4). I think there are plenty of people who buy consoles for the couple exclusives and play multiplat games on PC. Having it on PC will most likely make them more money than just having it on Xbox One, but it seems nowadays there is less purpose to buy an Xbox One, instead people who chose Ps4 or Wii U first will just spend that money on a PC, instead of buying an Xbox One for those few exclusives, this will result in Ps4 pulling ahead even more than they already are. Which means their install base will be even less which might make indy devs and others want to focus on just Ps4 or PC. It also allows Sony to snag more exclusives since they will have the much larger install base out of the consoles.
post #74 of 144
so guys with games as such, should i wait more for new amd gpu or should i get me r9 380x? im running on r7 370, quite happy with price to performance i also have only 8 gigs of ram, is it a time to get 8 more or go upgrade to skylake and get 16gb of ddr4?

my current rig

i5-4590
8gb 1.6ghz ram
h97 asrock pro4 matx
r7 370
500w bequiet psu
2x 240gb ssd (non raid)
post #75 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torvi View Post

so guys with games as such, should i wait more for new amd gpu or should i get me r9 380x? im running on r7 370, quite happy with price to performance i also have only 8 gigs of ram, is it a time to get 8 more or go upgrade to skylake and get 16gb of ddr4?

my current rig

i5-4590
8gb 1.6ghz ram
h97 asrock pro4 matx
r7 370
500w bequiet psu
2x 240gb ssd (non raid)

well your rig would greatly benefit from a new GPU.

I think the best price/perf you could do in your situation is grabbing a used R9 290 or something. (Non reference design only !!)
current rig
(4 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsGraphicsKeyboard
2500k R9 290X Tri-X GTX 680 Filco Majestouch 2 Brown Ninja 
  hide details  
Reply
current rig
(4 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsGraphicsKeyboard
2500k R9 290X Tri-X GTX 680 Filco Majestouch 2 Brown Ninja 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 144
500w wont handle r9, guess i will just wait and see polaris and zen and then make a final decision.


btw running dying light on r7 370 with high-medium with maxed out distance and no AA, looks beauty biggrin.gif
post #77 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torvi View Post

500w wont handle r9, guess i will just wait and see polaris and zen and then make a final decision.


btw running dying light on r7 370 with high-medium with maxed out distance and no AA, looks beauty biggrin.gif

I have a 550W bequiet PSU and it can handle an overclocked 290X + overclocked 2500K with ease thumb.gif

But Polaris should have GPUs that are faster than Hawaii and only need 2/3 of that power consumption of a 290X.
current rig
(4 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsGraphicsKeyboard
2500k R9 290X Tri-X GTX 680 Filco Majestouch 2 Brown Ninja 
  hide details  
Reply
current rig
(4 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsGraphicsKeyboard
2500k R9 290X Tri-X GTX 680 Filco Majestouch 2 Brown Ninja 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

I have a 550W bequiet PSU and it can handle an overclocked 290X + overclocked 2500K with ease thumb.gif

But Polaris should have GPUs that are faster than Hawaii and only need 2/3 of that power consumption of a 290X.

nice info thanks, guess ill just get me r9 380x, ill sell r7 370 to cex for 63 quids lol and then probably will do the same when polaris is released with r9 380x tongue.gif



it will be a great deal imo, r7 370 =63quids, then new r9 380x is 190 -63= just 127 quids and then i can resell r9 380x to cex for 113 or on facebook groups for 130~ lol biggrin.gif


ebay sucks and charges way too much
Edited by Torvi - 2/12/16 at 5:07pm
post #79 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedson3614 View Post

Well the 760 does have 4gb, and my card has 2gb, but for 1080p, I'm having a difficult time considering an upgrade. Only thing I can think of is maybe a 980 considering price is quite high still, but would make it a worth upgrade vs the 970, and only if i had funds and was goign to upgrade my monitor sometime soon, which i'm not. 4k and even 2560 monitors are still expensive, especially with higher refresh rates, and i will not go back to a 60hz after owning a 120 hz. Maybe gsync in future, but a 670 to a 970 seems like a waste of money especially for one game, I do own an xbox so I will just get it for that. I am a pc gamer at heart though and really only play pc games, the xbox was for my son. So i'm really torn about if I should or really need to upgrade the 670. Isn't 2 gb good enough for 1080p still ?

How well your 670 serving you? It may be a little old but a card of that performance still gets the job done in most games, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assirra View Post

I think you missed a couple announcements.
One that instantly comes to mind was The Witcher 3.
Basically every past PC exclusive going to multiple platforms instantly gets the "its going to be dumbed down" reaction.

Yeah I recall people saying The Witcher 3 was downgraded, but I don't really recall much people complaining about it being on the consoles or even blaming them as The Witcher 2 came to the Xbox 360 as-well.

What I was getting at was that PC Gamers have never complained about Games that were previously exclusives on PC going to consoles, not necessarily being dumbed down but you may be able to claim they were.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTurn View Post

Game was announced as a XB1 exclusive, someone really likes the game and buys an XB1 for it, MS announces a month before release it's also coming to PC...

You don't see why the XB1 owners have room to moan? LOL I don't even on an XB1 and I understand why they're complaining.

PC gamers don't what? LOL!!!!!!
Arkham series, Crysis, Battlefield... the list goes on when it comes to whining no other group tops the 'Masterrace'

The Arkham series was never exclusive to PC, Crysis was however so I must say you make a fair point there.
The perception of Crysis being "dumbed down" since coming to consoles has definetly been a thing. Not graphically but gameplay-wise compared to Crysis 1 if I recall correctly.

Battlefield started out on PC and then branched out to consoles. I'm not really sure how PC Gamers responded to Battlefield moving to consoles and PC. So I can't say much about it.

We haven't seen too much from Quantum Break until recently, so I don't really know if much people would have gotten an Xbox One as a main reason to get Remedy's next game.

Another thing is that I'm sure of is that a lot of people who have an Xbox One probably couldn't care less about PC Gaming, I don't really have much stats to back it up so I can't really say for certain, but they probably got an Xbox One to play Xbox exclusives such as Halo and Gears of War. Quantum Break is a new IP, but an exclusive never the less.

Due to it being a new IP and we haven't seen much of the game until recently, I think the main system sellers would have been the well established IPs such as Halo and Gears of War. Just like how Uncharted is a well established IP and system seller, Infamous, Killzone and many others.

If you have seen some of the responses from these people as a reaction to the PC version, its pretty clear that these people don't give a damn about PC Gaming, and purely want Quantum Break because its an exclusive and a Remedy Game.

Some of the hardcore fanboys even feel that the Xbox One's future is in jeopardy, and that Microsoft has given up on them, the insecurity is rather amusing to say the least. Its almost as if they feel threatened, even when the Xbox One still has great exclusives.

I highly doubt they would have switched to PC Gaming to play this game.

Its a Remedy game, but its a new IP which isn't as well established as other IPs such as Alan Wake, Halo, Gears of War, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1990 View Post

This mentality is seen by all platforms. I saw a good amount of it from PC fans regarding Witcher 3.
Ps4 fanboys are just poking Xbox fanboys, it is what always happens, and it would happen if a month before release Naughty Dog said Uncharted 4 was coming to PC.

I own both systems and plan for a PC upgrade when Zen/HBM2 comes out later this year, however I understand Xbox fanboys reactions. It is great for PC gamers that they get more games, it is what should happen. However how Microsoft went about it is bad. They basically waited till the game was out to say, hey the game is also coming out for pc now that all the xbox fans got their Xbox one and pre-ordered the game. This game was an exclusive from the time it was announced in 2013, and a month before it comes out they say it is also coming to PC. This mentality of theirs will do nothing but hurt their Xbox Division, the reason being that any upcoming and future exclusives that would be system sellers, people will just wait to see if it comes out for PC instead of buying an Xbox One ahead of time to be ready for the game.

Like I said above, I'm sure that a lot of people who have an Xbox One probably couldn't care less about PC Gaming, and probably got an Xbox One for well established IPs such as Halo and Gears of War.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithanul View Post

They just want a reason to justify dropping the money on a gloried set box more or less. I'm glad games are becoming available on multiple platforms. So far I just been rocking the PC, Wii U, and 3DS. Pretty much can play the majority of games I am interested in. biggrin.gif At this rate I can probably stick to just having the Wii U as the console and play every things else on the PC.

Though I get the funky feeling Sony going to keep KG3 and a few other games exclusive to PS4. If they do bring it to PC....hell dang I might actually finally drop 60 bucks for a game.



....crap DX12...means the game stuck to 10. Ugh. Might have to set a separate drive with 10 for DX12 games since I don't want that darn OS as my main...hmmmm, wonder how well it would work in a VM.

Some if those 3DS games are very nice and cool, I definetly want to get a 3DS.

I'm gonna dual boot Windows 10, I don't want it as my main operating system either.
Edited by TopicClocker - 2/12/16 at 6:49pm
post #80 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicClocker View Post


I'm gonna dual boot Windows 10, I don't want it as my main operating system either.

Sounds like a solid plan.

I will likely go triple boot, 8.1 for the games that don't work well on 10, 10 for the exclusives and fed for everything else.

Been running dual boot since the release of vista lol
It use to be annoying with 20+ second bios splash screens and mech drives... Now days it takes about 10-15 seconds to switch from linux to windows or visa versa biggrin.gif
New(old) build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3 1231-V3 gigabyte GA-H97N GTX 1060 G-skill lifetime 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x WD green 1x ocz agility SSD  Modded deepcool Gammaxx Windows 8.1 with classic shell for games. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Fedora KDE for everything else.  Yamakasi catleap q270 Gamdias hermes ultimate  EVGA G2 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Core V1 G303 - Hand cancer edition.  goliathus  AKG k240  
  hide details  
Reply
New(old) build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3 1231-V3 gigabyte GA-H97N GTX 1060 G-skill lifetime 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x WD green 1x ocz agility SSD  Modded deepcool Gammaxx Windows 8.1 with classic shell for games. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Fedora KDE for everything else.  Yamakasi catleap q270 Gamdias hermes ultimate  EVGA G2 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Core V1 G303 - Hand cancer edition.  goliathus  AKG k240  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Gamespot] Quantum Break confirmed for PC(Updated Requirements in OP)