Originally Posted by popups
Looks like the current trend [hydrophobic coating]. The coating you find on Zowie or some Logitech mice.
Hmm. Ec-a coating is quite terrible for someone with more sweaty hands like myself. Even though I'm athletic, nowhere near overweight. 180cm / 5"11 ( I guess) and 84 kg/185 lbs.
My palms are like sadly one of the only parts of my body that sweat. Rubbing deodorant helps a bit but not enough. Actually a lot of different coatings that work well for me:
- Classical rubberized ( Sensei Raw, Mionix, Roccat Savu, Zowie AM, Zowie EC-EVO series, SS rival etc)
- Any rubber grips
- Matte UV or whatever (Zowie EC CL versions)
- Side coating of Roccat savu - sandpapery
- Wmo- style rough matte plastic
- Razer Deathadder/Taipan style of matte texturized plastic (also seems like EG Zora)
- Zowie ZA style plastic / newspapery matte texturized plastic.
- G402/g502 - style hydrophobic soft touch plastic
- G303/G302 style textured slightly hydrophobic plastic
Plus a few more. The thing that makes them stand out for me is optimal grip, no stickiness, no sweat buildup, no greasy/grimey feel + they don't stay wet and any extra sweat makes the grip even better. On other coatings like smooth or glossy sweat ruins your grip + it can make you sweat + they don't really handle the humid/wet sweat well.
So yeah, I hope the DM1 is closer to those. At the moment I'm trying to make do with a Cm Storm Alcor which has pretty terrible coating as well, with some Artisan Teppeki tape on the spots for the fingers.
Edit: Even the classical dell office-grade mice have a good coating - matte plastic.Edited by ramraze - 2/27/16 at 8:56am