Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Ars] E-cigs shut down hundreds of immune system genes—regular cigs don’t
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Ars] E-cigs shut down hundreds of immune system genes—regular cigs don’t - Page 12  

post #111 of 371
I've simply just never understood smoking... all these smoking 'alternatives' are just silly too. For helping people move away from smoking, fine, step down to less harmful products... but please just stop altogether.
That's like saying instead of going to Fight Club every night, i'll just stay home and punch myself in the face. That way the other guy doesn't get hurt too.
Malice
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 Gigabyte 7950 Windforce 3 G Skill Ripjaw X 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Force Series 3 SSD 240GB Samsung 500gb HDD  Samsung 300gb HDD Seagate 500gb HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1TB HDD LG DVD Super-Multi Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B CPU cooler Windows 7 64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VH236H 23" HD Saitek Eclipse I Backlit - Blue Cooler Master Silent Pro 800W Gold Cooler Master HAF932 Advanced 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kone+ Razer Carcharias 
  hide details  
Malice
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 Gigabyte 7950 Windforce 3 G Skill Ripjaw X 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Force Series 3 SSD 240GB Samsung 500gb HDD  Samsung 300gb HDD Seagate 500gb HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1TB HDD LG DVD Super-Multi Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B CPU cooler Windows 7 64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VH236H 23" HD Saitek Eclipse I Backlit - Blue Cooler Master Silent Pro 800W Gold Cooler Master HAF932 Advanced 
MouseAudio
Roccat Kone+ Razer Carcharias 
  hide details  
post #112 of 371
I'm 28 I started smoking when I was 12, got off cigs move to vaping. Not going sit here say Vaping isn't harmful, but I have hard time believing half crap posted about vaping, I feel better, breathe better and don't stink, My immune system is fine I haven't got sick in couple years, and my body heals same way it always has. Of course none of these bring up the idea normal cigs, causes your blood platelets not function properly which in long term can causes heart problems like heart attacks and such but hey your heart isn't important right?


Then again every thing in this world is do at your own risk, smoke, Vape, drink, drive everything we can or have to do everyday is harmful to us.
Edited by _Killswitch_ - 2/14/16 at 1:22pm
Kryptek -WIP
(12 items)
 
The Asylum
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 6600K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA GTX 1070 G.Skill TridentZ 3200 -16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 535 240GB WD Black 1TB Cryrorig R1 Ultimate Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Ryos Mk Pro EVGA 1300 G2 Caselabs STH10 Two-tone  Roccat Kone XTD 
  hide details  
Kryptek -WIP
(12 items)
 
The Asylum
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 6600K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA GTX 1070 G.Skill TridentZ 3200 -16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 535 240GB WD Black 1TB Cryrorig R1 Ultimate Windows 10 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Roccat Ryos Mk Pro EVGA 1300 G2 Caselabs STH10 Two-tone  Roccat Kone XTD 
  hide details  
post #113 of 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieboyeli View Post

Well that's great and all that you'd like to destroy the earth to be naturally selected so you can survive in your cesspit of an earth,


YES ! Thats exactly what i meant sneaky.gif

rolleyes.gif



I don't smoke btw, was just making a casual observation that most of the evolution of the human species came through physical adversity through natural selection ( i did say maybe), Id much prefer science to take care of our survival going forward im sure you agree.
post #114 of 371
THIS JUST IN:

life is the leading cause of death.
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
post #115 of 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by looniam View Post

THIS JUST IN:

life is the leading cause of death.

I read on wiki that the 3rd oldest person in the world, didn't drink, smoke or party. The oldest stopped smoking at 117 years ( smoked for around 100years straight two cigarettes a day) and ate 1kg of chocolate every week.

I can link if you want.
post #116 of 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip Boy View Post

I read on wiki that the 3rd oldest person in the world, didn't drink, smoke or party. The oldest stopped smoking at 117 years ( smoked for around 100years straight two cigarettes a day) and ate 1kg of chocolate every week.

I can link if you want.

i believe ya. it was a tongue in cheek remark. sure you can do things to accelerate or try and delay it but, your gonna go when you're gonna go.
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
post #117 of 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by looniam View Post

i believe ya. it was a tongue in cheek remark. sure you can do things to accelerate or try and delay it but, your gonna go when you're gonna go.

and most people go out in pain or alone, so we have that to look forward too worriedsmiley.gif
post #118 of 371
OK There's two main ingredients in e-juice.

Vegetable Glycerin - used as an agent in toothpaste, cosmetics, shampoos, soaps, herbal remedies, pharmaceuticals, and other household items.

Propylene Glycol - used by the chemical, food, and pharmaceutical industries as an antifreeze when leakage might lead to contact with food. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified propylene glycol as an additive that is "generally recognized as safe" for use in food.

Other then that, there's nicotine. Which is all ready used in tobacco, smokers chewing gum, nicotine patch, etc.... all of which are legal for public consumption.

Which leaves the only possible health risk related from an unknown chemical, from the flavoring.

Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 599 other toxins approved by the US Government for use in the manufacture of cigarettes.

The only threat vaping or e-cigs poses to anyone, is the billions of lost tax revenue from tobacco products. An average of 43% of what you pay for a pack of smokes in the U.S. goes to the government. The only applicable tax for e-juice is sales tax. Which was, for the second quarter of 2015, at 8.45%. We're talking billions of lost tax revenue annually.

Think about it!!!!!!! Do the math and think long and hard.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Asrock Z77 OC Formula EVGA 970 F3-2400C10D-16GTX 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro Samsung DVD-RW EK Arch Linux 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Home Premium Samsung S27A850D Steelseries Merch Stealth Antec High Current Pro 1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Case Labs M8, Pedastel, Extended Top Razor Death Adder BE Razor M-Audio M3-8's 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770K Asrock Z77 OC Formula EVGA 970 F3-2400C10D-16GTX 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro Samsung DVD-RW EK Arch Linux 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Home Premium Samsung S27A850D Steelseries Merch Stealth Antec High Current Pro 1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Case Labs M8, Pedastel, Extended Top Razor Death Adder BE Razor M-Audio M3-8's 
  hide details  
post #119 of 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantida View Post

OK There's two main ingredients in e-juice.

Vegetable Glycerin - used as an agent in toothpaste, cosmetics, shampoos, soaps, herbal remedies, pharmaceuticals, and other household items.

Propylene Glycol - used by the chemical, food, and pharmaceutical industries as an antifreeze when leakage might lead to contact with food. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified propylene glycol as an additive that is "generally recognized as safe" for use in food.

Other then that, there's nicotine. Which is all ready used in tobacco, smokers chewing gum, nicotine patch, etc.... all of which are legal for public consumption.

Which leaves the only possible health risk related from an unknown chemical, from the flavoring.

Cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 599 other toxins approved by the US Government for use in the manufacture of cigarettes.

The only threat vaping or e-cigs poses to anyone, is the billions of lost tax revenue from tobacco products. An average of 43% of what you pay for a pack of smokes in the U.S. goes to the government. The only applicable tax for e-juice is sales tax. Which was, for the second quarter of 2015, at 8.45%. We're talking billions of lost tax revenue annually.

Think about it!!!!!!! Do the math and think long and hard.

Thank you, I read a lot of people saying "well neither is safe for you", it's like comparing the damage done by a pellet gun and a nuclear bomb. Smoking cigs is definitely not safe while vaping is potentially much safer (probably harmless based on the fact that people have been vaping for years with no side effects or consequences)
The Douchebag
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 SABERTOOTH 990FX AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series Mushkin  
  hide details  
The Douchebag
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 SABERTOOTH 990FX AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series Mushkin  
  hide details  
post #120 of 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by pLuhhmm View Post

e-cigs seem VERY similar to how cigs got popular.

everyone is saying they're "healthy" or at the very least, "not as bad as cigs".

it's heavily unregulated.

it's very intertwined with socializing.

at the end of the day, people really don't care what it does to you. they care what other people think. i truly think that's why most people started smoking and then vaping.

 

Unregulated for now. The FDA is doing reviews and states are starting to align e-cigs with existing cigarette regulation. Regardless of all of that, tobacco use is way down and decreases every generation.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Ars] E-cigs shut down hundreds of immune system genes—regular cigs don’t