Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Finalmouse Scream One
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Finalmouse Scream One - Page 140

post #1391 of 4018
Quote:
Originally Posted by e4stw00t View Post

Seriously the past years I frequently checked Logitech's background to be sure they are not (in the meantime) a German company - the amount of over-engineering in some of the mice they launched the past years was ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillion View Post

Cool thread. Can't wait for the September update. Should be the most enthralling yet.
really hope comes out in sept...can t wait more with g502...so heavy and don t like the shape
post #1392 of 4018
Quote:
Originally Posted by e4stw00t View Post


Seriously the past years I frequently checked Logitech's background to be sure they are not (in the meantime) a German company - the amount of over-engineering in some of the mice they launched the past years was ridiculous.

 

Nah, its just irish whiskey.

 

I wouldnt say that they are "overengineered", it is more like that some mistakes in the detail have been made that probably arent going to be repeated, imo it also comes into play that G402 and G302 should have been a few years earlier. I personally dont have anything against "spaceships" as long as they are functional, bringing both together, design and functionality should be what its all about.

post #1393 of 4018
They make their mice look like stupid spaceships because they're trying market the products as aspirational in the eyes of kids. Rather than products for people who already know what they want and have money.

Compare a Zowie product launch with a Logitech one. The difference is that Logitech's ad agency tells them to design the mouse gaudy and have as many USPs as possible: sniper buttons, gyroscopes, Mad Catz styling.
Edited by plath - 8/19/16 at 7:05am
post #1394 of 4018
Quote:
Originally Posted by plath View Post

They make their mice look like stupid spaceships because they're trying market the products as aspirational in the eyes of kids. Rather than products for people who already know what they want and have money.

Compare a Zowie product launch with a Logitech one. The difference is that Logitech's ad agency tells them to design the mouse gaudy and have as many USPs as possible: sniper buttons, gyroscopes, Mad Catz styling.

Have you not seen the new Logitech G pro? They basically gave everyone exactly what they want. And people need to get off the Zowie high horse. I was a zowie user until very recently, yes they probably make the best shapes. But other than that their implementations are mediocre, almost every one of their mice has terrible scroll wheels and side buttons along with (preference) terribly stiff m1/m2. I love Zowie's shapes, but people need to stop acting like they're the end all be all in mice.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 7700k Asus Strix z270e Asus Strix 1080ti Corsair LPX DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 960 evo m2 500gb NXZT Kraken x62 Windows 10 Pro Asus PG258q 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair ax860 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Glass Customized Logitech G Pro Zowie GS-R 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 7700k Asus Strix z270e Asus Strix 1080ti Corsair LPX DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 960 evo m2 500gb NXZT Kraken x62 Windows 10 Pro Asus PG258q 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair ax860 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Glass Customized Logitech G Pro Zowie GS-R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1395 of 4018
Yeah maybe it's in the past now, but it was the case for the last few mice e.g. g402, g303 and g502.

They may have finally changed their ways with the Logitech Gaming Mouse and/or G900.

I don't prefer Zowie to Logitech, I just dislike Logitech's last few mice.
post #1396 of 4018
Quote:
Originally Posted by plath View Post

They make their mice look like stupid spaceships because they're trying market the products as aspirational in the eyes of kids. Rather than products for people who already know what they want and have money.

Compare a Zowie product launch with a Logitech one. The difference is that Logitech's ad agency tells them to design the mouse gaudy and have as many USPs as possible: sniper buttons, gyroscopes, Mad Catz styling.

Yea they do, in the end it's business. They will do what sales the most, they may look like space ships, but they sale like hotcakes.

I said this before, older Logitech had safer shapes. However they are so far ahead of the game that they took chances this time around and it stilllllll worked out for them. The 502 is a constant best seller, the 302/303 did not do horribly by any means. The G900 keeps getting great reviews and lots of positivity surrounding it(except that price). Now they have the G pro to go along with the rest of the line up. Showing 'hey we can give people something safer that they want. All while taking these chances(or innovating) at the same time".

As for Zowie, I love them too. They just have to address the scroll & EC side buttons. Maybe they have some stuff up those sleeves for the next releases of their mice.
Edited by PhiZaRoaH - 8/19/16 at 8:15am
post #1397 of 4018
If zowie can get good clicks, side buttons. Scroll, they will literally own even more of the fps market

Their new coating on the mice is insane and so grippy.. but their buttons suck so much

I give it up to FM though their m1/m2 is one of the most responsive I've tried
post #1398 of 4018
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiZaRoaH View Post

Yea they do, in the end it's business. They will do what sales the most, they may look like space ships, but they sale like hotcakes.

I said this before, older Logitech had safer shapes. However they are so far ahead of the game that they took chances this time around and it stilllllll worked out for them. The 502 is a constant best seller, the 302/303 did not do horribly by any means. The G900 keeps getting great reviews and lots of positivity surrounding it(except that price). Now they have the G pro to go along with the rest of the line up. Showing 'hey we can give people something safer that they want. All while taking these chances(or innovating) at the same time".

As for Zowie, I love them too. They just have to address the scroll & EC side buttons. Maybe they have some stuff up those sleeves for the next releases of their mice.

Logitech have been rubbish for enthusiast customers. They could've launched this mouse earlier. The g502 came out with the 3366 sensor in early 2014 and after that the proteus core and g303 & g900.

It took them two years to produce this mouse even though it's what people like those on OCN have been asking for since the g502 came out, whilst they sold their gimmick mice marketed for teens instead.
Edited by plath - 8/19/16 at 8:52am
post #1399 of 4018
Quote:
Originally Posted by plath View Post

They could've launched this mouse earlier. The g502 came out with the 3366 sensor in early 2014 and after that the proteus core and g303 & g900.

It took them two years to produce this mouse even though it's what people like those on OCN have been asking for since the g502 came out, whilst they sold their mice marketed for teens instead.

What do you mean 'after that'? The 502 is the proteus core.

Logi said they coulda dropped the g pro earlier but some things pro's brought up made them go back and change some things. Whether you believe that is entirely up to you. As said before, it is still about business. We are the minority here on OCN as it is, so we get brushed over quite often Nothing new. It's expected. The 502 did what they intended for it to do, so they certainly made the right choice for them. I don't care for the mouse a whole lot, but it's made them $.
Edited by PhiZaRoaH - 8/19/16 at 8:58am
post #1400 of 4018
Quote:
Originally Posted by plath View Post

Logitech have been rubbish for enthusiast customers. They could've launched this mouse earlier. The g502 came out with the 3366 sensor in early 2014 and after that the proteus core and g303 & g900.

It took them two years to produce this mouse even though it's what people like those on OCN have been asking for since the g502 came out, whilst they sold their gimmick mice marketed for teens instead.

The g303 is great for enthusiast if you like the shape and while the shape is polarizing it is extremely good for some people like me. I will definitely be getting the G Pro at some point, most likely black friday sales assuming there is a decent one, but at this point I think the odds are fairly high I will stick with the G303. Its been a bit since I've played with a lighter mouse so maybe the 6g difference or whatever will win me over, but I find the g303 shape at least as good as the g100s shape. Also I've heard the back of the G Pro is slightly wider which if anything will cause annoyance for me. Hopefully it isn't enough of a change to cause that, but I strongly prefer mice with narrow butts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Finalmouse Scream One