Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Finalmouse Scream One
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Finalmouse Scream One - Page 376

post #3751 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

"Bricks" would mean you couldn't use it anymore.

If you have a first edition and are trying to do the original firmware update to turn it into a second edition, you probably just need to use a different USB port. After you do that, you download the second edition firmware updater and use that.

Doing it on a second edition and I have tried different USB ports and it doesn't help.

Maybe soft-brick is more correct rolleyes.gif
Edited by shaiaz - 3/30/17 at 2:44pm
post #3752 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaiaz View Post

Doing it on a second edition and I have tried different USB ports and it doesn't help.

Maybe soft-brick is more correct rolleyes.gif

That's odd, there isn't too much to mess with on the second edition... just hold down the DPI button while plugging it in, then run the download from website. I would return it if you can, it should just work with maybe trying a different USB port at most.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3753 of 3900
The mouse actually performs well according to reviews but there have been issues with the first edition copies. As for the scream signature, it is just a selling point for the mouse itself.
post #3754 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

That's odd, there isn't too much to mess with on the second edition... just hold down the DPI button while plugging it in, then run the download from website. I would return it if you can, it should just work with maybe trying a different USB port at most.

so I get this warning at first when I try to update. http://a.pomf.cat/wizobq.png

then I replug and it says successful and asks me to replug once again and I do it.
Code:

Caching firmware file...
Checksum valid
Listening for Final Mouse devices in ISP mode...
Plug in your mouse while holding the button below the scroll wheel
UsbStateChangedEvent! E: CRP1 ENABLD (NXP LPC1XXX IFLASH USB Device) 0 Bytes free of 40.00 KB
Found Final Mouse device in bootloader mode
UsbStateChangedEvent! E:  () 0 Bytes free of 0 Bytes
UsbStateChangedEvent! E: CRP DISABLD (NXP LPC1XXX IFLASH USB Device) 0 Bytes free of 40.00 KB
Found Final Mouse device in bootloader mode
Updating firmware (E:\firmware.bin)
Firmware has been updated. Please safely eject USB drive E:.



That's the output of the firmware upgrader tool
post #3755 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaiaz View Post

so I get this warning at first when I try to update. http://a.pomf.cat/wizobq.png

then I replug and it says successful and asks me to replug once again and I do it.
Code:

Caching firmware file...
Checksum valid
Listening for Final Mouse devices in ISP mode...
Plug in your mouse while holding the button below the scroll wheel
UsbStateChangedEvent! E: CRP1 ENABLD (NXP LPC1XXX IFLASH USB Device) 0 Bytes free of 40.00 KB
Found Final Mouse device in bootloader mode
UsbStateChangedEvent! E:  () 0 Bytes free of 0 Bytes
UsbStateChangedEvent! E: CRP DISABLD (NXP LPC1XXX IFLASH USB Device) 0 Bytes free of 40.00 KB
Found Final Mouse device in bootloader mode
Updating firmware (E:\firmware.bin)
Firmware has been updated. Please safely eject USB drive E:.



That's the output of the firmware upgrader tool
First, have you emailed support about this issue?

Secondly, was that the same output/sequence of events from the first time you went to update it (you mentioned you had done this a few times)?

What happens when you unplug it and plug it back in, per instructions?
post #3756 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalMouse View Post

First, have you emailed support about this issue?

Secondly, was that the same output/sequence of events from the first time you went to update it (you mentioned you had done this a few times)?

What happens when you unplug it and plug it back in, per instructions?

yes I have emailed support but no answer yet. I've done this a few times yes and I'm following the instructions each time and the same result. Tried different USB ports, rebooting, different PCs.
post #3757 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaiaz View Post

yes I have emailed support but no answer yet. I've done this a few times yes and I'm following the instructions each time and the same result. Tried different USB ports, rebooting, different PCs.
What is the end result? You said "soft bricks", but it sounds like you're still using the mouse-- so what happens after you finish that process?
post #3758 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalMouse View Post

What is the end result? You said "soft bricks", but it sounds like you're still using the mouse-- so what happens after you finish that process?

well the LED works, but that's really it. Doesn't track, clicks don't work, scroll don't work
post #3759 of 3900
Bought one from esportstore - https://www.esportstore.com/finalmouse/gaming-mice/scream-one-second-edition-1

Invoice that arrived with it says Second Edition but it says First Edition on the box. So yeah, be wary of buying from this store.
post #3760 of 3900
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeusername View Post

Bought one from esportstore - https://www.esportstore.com/finalmouse/gaming-mice/scream-one-second-edition-1

Invoice that arrived with it says Second Edition but it says First Edition on the box. So yeah, be wary of buying from this store.

Doesn't really matter because there is no hardware changes. It's simply a firmware update, which isn't even the latest firmware.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Finalmouse Scream One