Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] ASUS RoG Swift PG348Q Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS RoG Swift PG348Q Owners Club - Page 194

post #1931 of 3537
Just for the heck of it I emailed the Asus tech that handles customer issues at newegg and sent him a pic of the blb on my monitor. I'm curious to see what they say and if they're willing to do anything. I'll post their response here.

EDIT: I'm happy with my monitor but if I can get one with less or no blb on Asus' dime....
Edited by crazy098 - 6/20/16 at 1:55pm
post #1932 of 3537
Are there any of these that don't have the scanlines? I noticed them on mine while playing Witcher 3, seems to only happen when frames dip below 60 and GSYNC is on, overclocked or non-overclocked. Pretty distracting, but trying to determine whether it's worth trying something else or not.
post #1933 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by usrockband View Post

Just thought I'd share this with users who are suffering bad backlight bleed;

My unit had a bit in the top corners so I decided to try massaging it away. Low and behold the technique of pushing towards the corners with a microfibre cloth and holding the back of the panel really does nearly alleviate BLB. It's actually almost completely gone on my unit after trying this. Your milage may vary but I can report significant success doing this on this monitor!

Show a picture of your monitor to glow and indicate thanks settings.
post #1934 of 3537
everyone can see the glow of the game The Witcher 3 menu and dark scenes? or when I see them redface.gif
sorry for the photo quality
IMG_0811.jpgIMG_0814.jpgIMG_0815.jpg
Edited by Kazak119 - 6/21/16 at 11:43am
post #1935 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak119 View Post

everyone can see the glow of the game The Witcher 3 menu and dark scenes? or when I see them redface.gif
sorry for the photo quality
IMG_0811.jpgIMG_0814.jpgIMG_0815.jpg

Thats a good looking monitor you have. I'm not sure if you're replying to what I said or not here, but my problem with Witcher 3 was regarding the infamous horizontal scanlines, not glow. I didn't do that pendulum test because I didn't want to go looking for problems, but the scanlines were bad enough on my monitor during gaming under 60fps that I got it swapped at the advice of Asus directly.

In regards to the photo I would send it if I still had the monitor but unfortunately it's no longer with me. The rubbing, to my surprise, did help to reduce the bleeding, but it won't do anything in regards to glow. I did the rubbing at 100 brightness, but I use the monitor at around 30-35. Not sure if it'll help everyone but it definitely made mine look very much like the sample that TFT had.

It was a May 2016 build btw.
post #1936 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by usrockband View Post

Thats a good looking monitor you have. I'm not sure if you're replying to what I said or not here, but my problem with Witcher 3 was regarding the infamous horizontal scanlines, not glow. I didn't do that pendulum test because I didn't want to go looking for problems, but the scanlines were bad enough on my monitor during gaming under 60fps that I got it swapped at the advice of Asus directly.

In regards to the photo I would send it if I still had the monitor but unfortunately it's no longer with me. The rubbing, to my surprise, did help to reduce the bleeding, but it won't do anything in regards to glow. I did the rubbing at 100 brightness, but I use the monitor at around 30-35. Not sure if it'll help everyone but it definitely made mine look very much like the sample that TFT had.

It was a May 2016 build btw.


horizontal scanlines there and I have to disperse the matrix to 100gh mad.gif

tell you asus gave the conclusion that you can send it back because of the horizontal bars? This warranty case?
post #1937 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak119 View Post

horizontal scanlines there and I have to disperse the matrix to 100gh mad.gif

tell you asus gave the conclusion that you can send it back because of the horizontal bars? This warranty case?

I figure from what I've read here that it's probably a pretty common and unavoidable issue, but all three ASUS reps I spoke to said it's not a known / common issue and that it warranted an exchange. I just figured I'd try one more in hopes of getting one with scanlines that are less noticeable. Not hoping to get rid of them altogether. Will live with it if need be but they were intense enough on the other that I felt something needed to be done atleast.
post #1938 of 3537
be sure to tell how to get a new model!
if you have not sent back to the monitor, you could not take a photo of the most intense horizontal lines and glow. Thank you
post #1939 of 3537
Quote:
Originally Posted by usrockband View Post

I figure from what I've read here that it's probably a pretty common and unavoidable issue, but all three ASUS reps I spoke to said it's not a known / common issue and that it warranted an exchange. I just figured I'd try one more in hopes of getting one with scanlines that are less noticeable. Not hoping to get rid of them altogether. Will live with it if need be but they were intense enough on the other that I felt something needed to be done atleast.

I take it back about the horizontal scanlines, they can be seen only when the 20-40 fps frame when I dropped all settings witch to a minimum, to get the maximum frame these lines disappeared from 60-100 FPS. now I am waiting for two of the graphics card asus rog 1080 that we could definitively say whether I have those same strips. without overclocking of these lines is not at all thumb.gif sorry for my english, I am writing through google translator smile.gif
Edited by Kazak119 - 6/21/16 at 2:28pm
post #1940 of 3537
Hi All,

I'am experiencing an issue when activating 100hz.

The screen work fine in 85hz but in 100hz is unusable . Like you can see in the screen shots

I have tried :
- 3 different Display port : able provided with screen, and 2 high end 1.2 display port cable (like lindy cromo)
- 2 different computer
- Tried 3 different graphic card (2 different gtx 1080 and a gtx 680m)

Someone have an idea ?

85 Hz


100hz

Edited by ramiseb1 - 6/22/16 at 6:36am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] ASUS RoG Swift PG348Q Owners Club