Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] ASUS RoG Swift PG348Q Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS RoG Swift PG348Q Owners Club - Page 201

post #2001 of 3505
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkral View Post

Not sure where to find another power brick. The monitor was purchased online.

Does the ASUS PG279Q and ASUS PG348Q use the same power brick
post #2002 of 3505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metros View Post

Does the ASUS PG279Q and ASUS PG348Q use the same power brick

One is a square, and the other is a noticeably larger rectangle, so I'm guessing the one for the PG348q is beefier. Don't have them available to get output off of them though.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790k ASUS z97-ar ASUS Strix GTX 980 ASUS Strix GTX 980 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
16gb 1866 Kingston HyperX Samsung EVO 850 - 128gb Corsair Force GT 480gb - Installs Custom Water Loop 
OSMonitorCase
Windows 8.1 ASUS Swift Define R5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790k ASUS z97-ar ASUS Strix GTX 980 ASUS Strix GTX 980 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
16gb 1866 Kingston HyperX Samsung EVO 850 - 128gb Corsair Force GT 480gb - Installs Custom Water Loop 
OSMonitorCase
Windows 8.1 ASUS Swift Define R5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2003 of 3505
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkral View Post

One is a square, and the other is a noticeably larger rectangle, so I'm guessing the one for the PG348q is beefier. Don't have them available to get output off of them though.

Then the only thing to do would be to ask ASUS or the retailer to send another power brick
post #2004 of 3505
Hello there,

I am interested in buying this monitor, I readed on official site, that you need a gtx 980 ti for gsync and overclocking to 100hz. Why is that?
I have the standard gtx 980 in sli.. would that work? and if so,, Why not a single gtx 980? because they both have the same version of Displayport.

Thanks in advance

Greetings Kaitos
post #2005 of 3505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitos View Post

Hello there,

I am interested in buying this monitor, I readed on official site, that you need a gtx 980 ti for gsync and overclocking to 100hz. Why is that?
I have the standard gtx 980 in sli.. would that work? and if so,, Why not a single gtx 980? because they both have the same version of Displayport.

Thanks in advance

Greetings Kaitos

You do not. The GTX 980Ti is just a recommended card to use. A GTX 980 will work fine with G-Sync and allow you to select 100hz no issue.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960x X99 E-WS GTX 1080Ti GTX 1080Ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 960 Pro Custom Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Corsair K95 RGB HX1200i 
CaseMouse Pad
In Win Tou G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4960k ASUS z97 Maximus Impact R9 Nano Hyper X Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Custom Loop Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG OLED TV LG 55EC930V Logitch K800 Silverstone 500w SFX Lian Li PC-05S 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960x X99 E-WS GTX 1080Ti GTX 1080Ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 960 Pro Custom Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Corsair K95 RGB HX1200i 
CaseMouse Pad
In Win Tou G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4960k ASUS z97 Maximus Impact R9 Nano Hyper X Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Custom Loop Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG OLED TV LG 55EC930V Logitch K800 Silverstone 500w SFX Lian Li PC-05S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2006 of 3505



Random picture I took earlier. Don't worry. My corsair k70 rgb rapidfire is at the post office waiting for me to pick it up.

Anyways. Thoughts after a few days. I owned the x34 and unfortunately I had really bad clouding, brutal backlight bleed and ips glow that was insanely distracting. Sent it back to newegg. They were always sold out and couldn't send me a replacement.

I ended up buying the pg348q a week later. Almost no backlight bleed. You literally can only see it if the screen is black, room is completely dark and the brightness is cranked to 100. It's as good as it'll get for an IPS. 100hz stable with my gtx 1070, and clarity out of the box was noticeably better than my x34. Could have just been my particular unit. Anyways. INSANELY happy with my pg348q despite it costing me 250$ more than the x34 I got on sale. I miss the RGB from the x34 but overall this monitor's build quality is just awesome. I have ZERO issues. I feel like I won the monitor lottery.
Edited by DashKingpin - 7/5/16 at 10:13pm
post #2007 of 3505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashKingpin View Post




Random picture I took earlier. Don't worry. My corsair k70 rgb rapidfire is at the post office waiting for me to pick it up.

Anyways. Thoughts after a few days. I owned the x34 and unfortunately I had really bad clouding, brutal backlight bleed and ips glow that was insanely distracting. Sent it back to newegg. They were always sold out and couldn't send me a replacement.

I ended up buying the pg348q a week later. Almost no backlight bleed. You literally can only see it if the screen is black, room is completely dark and the brightness is cranked to 100. It's as good as it'll get for an IPS. 100hz stable with my gtx 1070, and clarity out of the box was noticeably better than my x34. Could have just been my particular unit. Anyways. INSANELY happy with my pg348q despite it costing me 250$ more than the x34 I got on sale. I miss the RGB from the x34 but overall this monitor's build quality is just awesome. I have ZERO issues. I feel like I won the monitor lottery.

:)Take a picture of your glow on a black screen , the brightness of at least 30. Thanks smile.gif
post #2008 of 3505
I went to local pc shop to buy my 4th pg348q this one also reached 100hz without any problem but guess what? this one also have 3 dust under panel ,i think i should give up but i am really tired of stuck with the old 19" screen frown.gif
Edited by ozzy1925 - 7/9/16 at 10:52am
BlackJack
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960x asus rampage V Asus strix 980 Asus strix 980 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill 4x 4gb 3200mhz ocz vertex 4 128gb ocz vertex 4 128gb alphacool ut 60 480mm. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
alphacool ut 60 480mm alphacool ut 60 240mm 18x Alpenföhn WingsBoost 2  Aquaero 6xt 
PowerCase
Corsair ax 1500i Corsair 900d 
  hide details  
Reply
BlackJack
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960x asus rampage V Asus strix 980 Asus strix 980 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill 4x 4gb 3200mhz ocz vertex 4 128gb ocz vertex 4 128gb alphacool ut 60 480mm. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
alphacool ut 60 480mm alphacool ut 60 240mm 18x Alpenföhn WingsBoost 2  Aquaero 6xt 
PowerCase
Corsair ax 1500i Corsair 900d 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2009 of 3505
So this vs the X34: Is it sheer luck to get a good sample w/o bleed, or is the PG348Q statistically better?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5820K (Haswell-E) Asus Rampage V Extreme / U3.1 (X99) Asus GTX 780 DirectCU II (GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5) wi... G.Skill Trident Z Kit 32GB, DDR4-3200, CL16-16-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveKeyboardPower
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 2TB HKKB Type 2 Professional Black EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Corsair Carbide Air 540  Roccat Kone XTD Optical Artisan L (2x)  Bitspower Summit EF (Clear) with Silver Plate 
OtherOther
EK-FB Kit Asus R5E - Acetal+Nickel Alphacool D5 Vario (VPP655) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5820K (Haswell-E) Asus Rampage V Extreme / U3.1 (X99) Asus GTX 780 DirectCU II (GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5) wi... G.Skill Trident Z Kit 32GB, DDR4-3200, CL16-16-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveKeyboardPower
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB Samsung 850 Evo 2TB HKKB Type 2 Professional Black EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadOther
Corsair Carbide Air 540  Roccat Kone XTD Optical Artisan L (2x)  Bitspower Summit EF (Clear) with Silver Plate 
OtherOther
EK-FB Kit Asus R5E - Acetal+Nickel Alphacool D5 Vario (VPP655) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2010 of 3505
It's a crap shoot. The pg348q is more likely to sit at 100hz without issues. That's the thing it has over the x34. Also, the predator emblem is tacky as ****.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790k ASUS z97-ar ASUS Strix GTX 980 ASUS Strix GTX 980 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
16gb 1866 Kingston HyperX Samsung EVO 850 - 128gb Corsair Force GT 480gb - Installs Custom Water Loop 
OSMonitorCase
Windows 8.1 ASUS Swift Define R5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790k ASUS z97-ar ASUS Strix GTX 980 ASUS Strix GTX 980 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
16gb 1866 Kingston HyperX Samsung EVO 850 - 128gb Corsair Force GT 480gb - Installs Custom Water Loop 
OSMonitorCase
Windows 8.1 ASUS Swift Define R5 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] ASUS RoG Swift PG348Q Owners Club