Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] ASUS RoG Swift PG348Q Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS RoG Swift PG348Q Owners Club - Page 225

post #2241 of 3430
How does it scale to 1080p? 27 models scale quite nice and the games look great.
post #2242 of 3430
Quote:
Originally Posted by beginner1 View Post

Well it's fine at 60, just happens when overclocking above that. From what I've read this could be a driver issue of the card?

Could be a false alarm here. Sounds like the cables I'm using are ****house, have ordered one reported to work where the brand I have has failed. Here's hoping
post #2243 of 3430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirstiv View Post

PG348Qsample.jpg 210k .jpg file



Hello everyone.

Thought i'd post a sample of my PG348Q BLB for comparison sake.

MARCH 2016 BUILD

Pictures taken on a Galaxy Note 4. Lights off.

ISO100 / ISO300.

Has a tiny bit of light bleed in the top left corner. It's not noticable imo.

Did i do ok in the monitor lottery? tongue.gif

This monitor is massive and i'm still feeling overwhelmed 3 days later lol.

The blue light settings is really good when you have tired eyes. Definitely not a gimmick!

Speakers are trash but everything else about it is amazing so far.

Waiting for my 1080 to arrive to test 100hz.
Good one, i returned mine cause of BLB and now dunno what to buy. Btw whats ISO 100 and ISO 300 mean?
post #2244 of 3430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerathul View Post

Good one, i returned mine cause of BLB and now dunno what to buy. Btw whats ISO 100 and ISO 300 mean?

It means the light sensitivity in your camera sensor. 100 is standard. Darkest possible on my camera and a comparison to 300 exaggerated the effect.

How bad was your bleed? Seriously. What you see with mine is extremely acceptable. You will also get some sort of glow too. "IPS Glow"

P.S: I was wrong. Mines a MAY 2016 Build not MARCH 2016

edit: dw i looked your pic up. Maybe your camera was really sensitive... I probably would of kept your old one.

I can't actually see any BLB while using and playing games. If it's a full black screen It's only just visible on the left corner abit. On grey screens i can't see it.

Maybe it's just me but the more i use it the less i can even see it on a black solid screen.
Edited by Sirstiv - 8/18/16 at 2:21am
post #2245 of 3430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirstiv View Post

PG348Qsample.jpg 210k .jpg file



Hello everyone.

Thought i'd post a sample of my PG348Q BLB for comparison sake.

MARCH 2016 BUILD

Pictures taken on a Galaxy Note 4. Lights off.

ISO100 / ISO300.

Has a tiny bit of light bleed in the top left corner. It's not noticable imo.

Did i do ok in the monitor lottery? tongue.gif

This monitor is massive and i'm still feeling overwhelmed 3 days later lol.

The blue light settings is really good when you have tired eyes. Definitely not a gimmick!

Speakers are trash but everything else about it is amazing so far.

Waiting for my 1080 to arrive to test 100hz.

What is the default brightness for the blue light filter? For my panel it says 80 but that honestly seems much too bright, could anyone else confirm this to be the normal setting? Thank you!
post #2246 of 3430
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreides View Post

What is the default brightness for the blue light filter? For my panel it says 80 but that honestly seems much too bright, could anyone else confirm this to be the normal setting? Thank you!

80 is default brightness. But I also believe it varies on the gamevisual mode.

atm mine is set to:

RTS Mode (for colour)
Brightness 70
Contrast 50
Saturation 50
Color Temp "usermode"
post #2247 of 3430
Well, i wouldnt return if i had 1 like yours:)
Btw my brightness was 35.Even with low brightness blb was noticeable.
post #2248 of 3430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirstiv View Post

I can't actually see any BLB while using and playing games. If it's a full black screen It's only just visible on the left corner abit. On grey screens i can't see it.

Maybe it's just me but the more i use it the less i can even see it on a black solid screen.

same here, slight amount each top corner only visible on desktop because I run a solid black wallpaper, even then it's only really when peering at it directly. Still, would have preferred none
post #2249 of 3430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirstiv View Post

It saids this on the website:

"Note: for smooth gameplay, G-SYNC requires a GeForce GTX 980Ti and above to overclock the refresh rate up to 100Hz"

I overclocked and played mine on a 780 last night... O'Cd to 100hz. (gsync enabled in nvidia panel)

Someone explain? Was getting 100fps while testing cod

Its a recommendation of the type of graphics card they believe will offer smooth game play, effectively a nice pairing. Not a requirement that you must have that as a minimum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beginner1 View Post

Well it's fine at 60, just happens when overclocking above that. From what I've read this could be a driver issue of th

Sound more like an issue with the panel being honest of not being fully stable at 100hz. As I say, try refresh rate in between to rule it out.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960x X99 E-WS GTX 1080Ti GTX 1080Ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 960 Pro Custom Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Corsair K95 RGB HX1200i 
CaseMouse Pad
In Win Tou G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4960k ASUS z97 Maximus Impact R9 Nano Hyper X Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Custom Loop Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG OLED TV LG 55EC930V Logitch K800 Silverstone 500w SFX Lian Li PC-05S 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960x X99 E-WS GTX 1080Ti GTX 1080Ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 1080Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Evo Crucial MX100 960 Pro Custom Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus ROG Swift PG348Q Corsair K95 RGB HX1200i 
CaseMouse Pad
In Win Tou G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4960k ASUS z97 Maximus Impact R9 Nano Hyper X Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo Samsung 850 Evo Custom Loop Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG OLED TV LG 55EC930V Logitch K800 Silverstone 500w SFX Lian Li PC-05S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2250 of 3430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radox-0 View Post

Sound more like an issue with the panel being honest of not being fully stable at 100hz. As I say, try refresh rate in between to rule it out.

Yeah happens on everything from 75 up. I have 3 of the same 3 metre DP cables, purchased same time and used together previously on 3x dell u2410. One of them won't give me a connection at all, another works very intermittently, and the one I'm using now works @ 60hz 2D, with some unusual results 3D. I found others had similar problems with these cables, freshie should be here in the morning so see what happens with that
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] ASUS RoG Swift PG348Q Owners Club