Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] ASUS RoG Swift PG348Q Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS RoG Swift PG348Q Owners Club - Page 25

post #241 of 3538
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabu View Post

I did calibrate mine yesterday with X-rite Colormunki Display. It did gave me noticeably better colors, although out of the box was not that bad either.
I could share my icc profile this evening when back home, in case people are interested.
Anyhow, I do not like X-rite calibration SW that much and will play around a bit with the Colormunki and ArgyllCMS + DisplayCAL later.

Can you post a picture of the default gamma on the 348Q please?
post #242 of 3538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholars View Post

Can you post a picture of the default gamma on the 348Q please?

That's what I do not like about X-rite SW. I does not give you any detailed calibration report. Just a few before / after pictures.
Or how would you like a picture of the default gamma posted?
post #243 of 3538
I will say it again, I will never understand people buying this monitor and gonna pair it up with a GTX 970 / or waiting for Pascal (which can be a year off, atleast the Ti version). Even in the manual for this monitor, Asus says you need a GTX 980 Ti to get it to overclocked to 100 hz (though you will probably be able to run it to 100 hz with other grafic cards).
You are better off just buying a cheaper model that doesnt overclock if you really have to have a 3440x1400 monitor.
post #244 of 3538
Quote:
Originally Posted by muSPK View Post

I will say it again, I will never understand people buying this monitor and gonna pair it up with a GTX 970 / or waiting for Pascal (which can be a year off, atleast the Ti version). Even in the manual for this monitor, Asus says you need a GTX 980 Ti to get it to overclocked to 100 hz (though you will probably be able to run it to 100 hz with other grafic cards).
You are better off just buying a cheaper model that doesnt overclock if you really have to have a 3440x1400 monitor.

Thats why I run it with these smile.gif

https://goo.gl/photos/pbWrLVn3PKdR8jNs7

Special modding to keep the temps on upper card down tongue.gif

https://goo.gl/photos/2Cs4ArmTsL6VbpAs5
post #245 of 3538
I run it from EVGA 980Ti SC x 2 SLI Watercooled smile.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #246 of 3538
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabu View Post

I run it from EVGA 980Ti SC x 2 SLI Watercooled smile.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

thumb.gif Nice!
post #247 of 3538
Quote:
Originally Posted by muSPK View Post

I will say it again, I will never understand people buying this monitor and gonna pair it up with a GTX 970 / or waiting for Pascal (which can be a year off, atleast the Ti version). Even in the manual for this monitor, Asus says you need a GTX 980 Ti to get it to overclocked to 100 hz (though you will probably be able to run it to 100 hz with other grafic cards).
You are better off just buying a cheaper model that doesnt overclock if you really have to have a 3440x1400 monitor.
Pascal will be out this year. Until then my GTX 980 will do fine with the monitor.
post #248 of 3538
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabu View Post

That's what I do not like about X-rite SW. I does not give you any detailed calibration report. Just a few before / after pictures.
Or how would you like a picture of the default gamma posted?

You can use HCFR, which works with all colorimeters and gives you charts / graphs of all the results... color accuracy, gamma, color temp etc. Its a free app.. you can also use dispcalgui to make profiles, that is free as well and better than the ones that come with most colorimeters.
post #249 of 3538
Quote:
Originally Posted by solBLACK View Post

Pascal will be out this year. Until then my GTX 980 will do fine with the monitor.

Yes normal pascal will hopefully be out this year, but not the Ti version. I expect Ti version to be out around summer 2017.

One GTX 980 wont do fine in most modern games on recommended settings in 3440x1440/100fps. I would only consider this monitor if I had atleast one GTX 980 Ti (but you really should have two), or is planing to play old games on it, with GTX980 or less.
post #250 of 3538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholars View Post

You can use HCFR, which works with all colorimeters and gives you charts / graphs of all the results... color accuracy, gamma, color temp etc. Its a free app.. you can also use dispcalgui to make profiles, that is free as well and better than the ones that come with most colorimeters.

Thanks, I'll take a look at HCFR later today or tomorrow. Seems to use colorimeter handler code from ArgyllCMS, just like DisplayCAL (new version of dispcalgui), which I already downloaded to play around with later this evening. Any idea which one spits out better calibration reports? HCFR or DisplayCAL?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Official] ASUS RoG Swift PG348Q Owners Club