Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Ars] France says Facebook must face French law in nudity censorship case
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Ars] France says Facebook must face French law in nudity censorship case - Page 3

post #21 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

What? You realize that you just took that out of context, don't you?

Out of context?

You quoted two sentences you said. One sentence, then the second. I quoted the third, in the direct sequence. What more context do you think I should be considering?
post #22 of 86
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mand12 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

What? You realize that you just took that out of context, don't you?

Out of context?

You quoted two sentences you said. One sentence, then the second. I quoted the third, in the direct sequence. What more context do you think I should be considering?

The fact that is was pretty obvious that Masked wasn't talking about that completely different subject (and if you claim "direct sequence" you should at least quote the whole thing, making it actually a direct sequence, but that would discredit your point, wouldn't it?) and thus I was replying to him, mentioning what I had said about that matter we were talking about. It's surreal that the pretty obvious context needs to be explained to this fine grained detail, but here it is.
Edited by tpi2007 - 2/15/16 at 7:52am
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou View Post

What is your position? Why do you view EULAs as more important than laws? Why do you care so much?

I've labeled my position.

I agree that we need to scrutinize EULAs and TOS-s further but, as to their contractual elements, they are legally binding barring they stay within the law.

I care that people back up their presumptions with facts...And it has yet to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

This is getting surreal.

This is what I said regarding the matter:
Anything else you say beyond that, attributing it to me, is abusive.

Where did I say that ""many" EULAs are now (currently) in violation of the law." ? Prove I said that. You're making abusive statements and deriving abusive conclusions about what I said.

It's beyond ridiculous now.

/sigh - You were directly quoted about it twice, commented on twice and you still, out of your own context, pick the statement that NOBODY is questioning you on.

This is the statement you're being questioned for:
Quote:
Post nr 1: EULAs and ToSs are many times not in accordance with local laws.

This is the statement, we've asked you to back up, 4 times now.

Your claim is that there are not only many examples of EULAs breaking the law but, that "MANY TIMES" they're not in accordance with local laws.

Yet you cite, only 1. 1 example - Facebook. That's it.

You infer both in the rhetoric following - That's not even a reach or an assumption because you infer multiple times that MANY Eulas are in violation of local law.

Prove your statement. Prove what your rhetoric insinuates - Hell, prove any part of it - As you've now been asked to do, now, 5 times.

If you can't than your presumption is false and we can all move on but, it is, verbatim, a presumption. That's not semantics, that's grammar.

P.S. - I also assumed that's what Mand was asking and made note of that - Taking my assumption as fact is not my problem, it's yours and the aggrandizing of such, by you, is why this is so "surreal".

I simply want evidence that there are "many more" EULAs that violate the law as your rhetoric suggests and/or a EULA that "many times" is not in accordance with the law. Simple. No surrealism. Simple.
post #24 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

This is getting surreal.

This is what I said regarding the matter (this italic is for you Mand):

Anything else you say beyond that, attributing it to me, is abusive.

Where did I say that ""many" EULAs are now (currently) in violation of the law." ? Prove I said that. You're making abusive statements and deriving abusive conclusions about what I said.

It's beyond ridiculous now.
It's funny because just to let you know,Masked actually agrees with you as you can see here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1582305/softpedia-warning-new-amd-crimson-driver-is-heating-and-killing-gpus-users-report-update-hotfix-tomorrow/630#post_24671787

Dat cognitive dissonance.

thinking.gif
post #25 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLDii3 View Post

It's funny because just to let you know,Masked actually agrees with you as you can see here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1582305/softpedia-warning-new-amd-crimson-driver-is-heating-and-killing-gpus-users-report-update-hotfix-tomorrow/630#post_24671787

thinking.gif

I agree with his premise, completely and I've said that multiple times.

I don't agree with the presumption that this is common practice or happens "ALL OF THE TIME" as his context suggests.

He suggests that this is a "rampant" issue - It's not. Especially, ESPECIALLY, after Facebook got grilled on it, you really think //all// of them didn't scrutinize their own EULAs and TOS's?

I'm questioning his aggrandizing of the affair, that's it.
post #26 of 86
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLDii3 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

This is getting surreal.

This is what I said regarding the matter (this italic is for you Mand):

Anything else you say beyond that, attributing it to me, is abusive.

Where did I say that ""many" EULAs are now (currently) in violation of the law." ? Prove I said that. You're making abusive statements and deriving abusive conclusions about what I said.

It's beyond ridiculous now.
It's funny because just to let you know,Masked actually agrees with you as you can see here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1582305/softpedia-warning-new-amd-crimson-driver-is-heating-and-killing-gpus-users-report-update-hotfix-tomorrow/630#post_24671787

Dat cognitive dissonance.

thinking.gif

Of course he does. He's now shifted from the point he originally made in his first post, probably when he realized what you just posted.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLDii3 View Post

It's funny because just to let you know,Masked actually agrees with you as you can see here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1582305/softpedia-warning-new-amd-crimson-driver-is-heating-and-killing-gpus-users-report-update-hotfix-tomorrow/630#post_24671787

thinking.gif

I agree with his premise, completely and I've said that multiple times.

I don't agree with the presumption that this is common practice or happens "ALL OF THE TIME" as his context suggests.

He suggests that this is a "rampant" issue - It's not. Especially, ESPECIALLY, after Facebook got grilled on it, you really think //all// of them didn't scrutinize their own EULAs and TOS's?

I'm questioning his aggrandizing of the affair, that's it.

At this point I have to say that you either don't know how to use quotation marks (hard to believe) or are doing it intentionally to put words in my mouth, I did not say any of the two in bold above.

So, who exactly is aggrandizing the affair?
Edited by tpi2007 - 2/15/16 at 8:05am
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post

Of course he does. He's now shifted from the point he originally made in his first post, probably when he realized what you just posted.

At this point I have to say that you either don't know how to use quotation marks (hard to believe) or are doing it intentionally to put words in my mouth, I did not say any of the two in bold above.

So, who exactly is aggrandizing the affair?

I did not shift, not once.

I agree they need more scrutiny, they absolutely should be scrutinized.

Here - Here's an example of what you're rhetoric.
Quote:
McDonalds got caught using Alien Meat in it's Danbury Store. - They slaughtered the Alien and cut it up. Case went all the way to the supreme court. Therefor, either all McDonalds are using alien cows OR this store is doing it repeatedly OR Burger king is!

PROVE IT.

Prove ANY portion of that statement beyond McDonalds.

I've asked you to do the same now with your initial statement numerous times.

See post #23.
post #28 of 86
TL:DR whole thread:
are TOS really useful ? does the TOS need to be detailed ? Does the TOS need to be validated from someone ?
 
Good value headphones (with equalization)
Samson SR850 Semi-Open Studio Reference Headphones
My Rig
(3 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k @4.4Ghz Msi Z97 Gaming 5  Asus GTX 780 ti DirectCU II HyperX Savage RAM 8 Go 2400 MHZ DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Green Desktop Mainstream 2 To Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev. B Window 7 64bits Samsung SyncMaster P2470HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Raptor K30 Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 700W  Phanteks Enthoo Pro Window Perixx MX-1000 Iron 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar U3 USB samson sr 850 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Good value headphones (with equalization)
Samson SR850 Semi-Open Studio Reference Headphones
My Rig
(3 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690k @4.4Ghz Msi Z97 Gaming 5  Asus GTX 780 ti DirectCU II HyperX Savage RAM 8 Go 2400 MHZ DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Green Desktop Mainstream 2 To Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev. B Window 7 64bits Samsung SyncMaster P2470HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Raptor K30 Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 700W  Phanteks Enthoo Pro Window Perixx MX-1000 Iron 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar U3 USB samson sr 850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post


Source.



Another example of how EULAs and ToSs are many times not in accordance with local laws.


But then again, it's France.
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
Dynamix
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-860 Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P Radeon 7970 Corsair Domintor Twins + Other = 16 Gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black, 500gb OCZ Solid 3 Sony Optiarc Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung P2570HD + Other Logitech G110 Corsair 750W HX 
CaseMouse
Antec p183 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 86
getting in a flap about flaps..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Ars] France says Facebook must face French law in nudity censorship case