Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [BBC] Cancer cure, 90% of terminally ill patients reportedly went into remission
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[BBC] Cancer cure, 90% of terminally ill patients reportedly went into remission - Page 28

post #271 of 293
The basic one is that genes control the way cells behave.
post #272 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post

I dismiss anything to the contrary? Ha. The hypocrisy is high with this one.

Also, you can draw different conclusions with the exact same data, depending on what your assumption is. Peer review nor statistics solve this issue.

Here's an example;
https://youtu.be/VNqNnUJVcVs?t=3m40s
Watch from 3:40 to 5:03

And before I get claims that I believe in flat earth or whatever, because I'm quite sure you people are capable of such harassment even though that was not the point, this was just to show how the exact same math can be viewed for evidence of two completely different perspectives. It doesn't prove nor disprove neither. That's why philosophical reasoning skills are important. It allows you to view and filter for these things.

The fact that you don't know this shows how much you've delved into reasoning, and of your own reasoning skills.

I didn't say you dismiss it. I said you dismiss it utilizing the three reasons I gave above. Or do I need to say it differently for you to comprehend? You say our arguments and evidence are invalid due to those three reasons, and then present questionable sources as proof of that. Questionable sources that are instantly refuted by others (which I would do as well if I had more time).
Millenium Falcon
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4930k MSI Big Bang Xpower II EVGA GTX 690 Patriot Viper II Sector 7 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Deneva 2 Corsair Force 3 Maxtor Western Digital Green 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung BD/DVD-RW Swiftech MCP655 x2 Black Ice GTX 480 Black Ice GTX 280 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Repack Dual D5 Watercool Heatkiller 3.0 Alphacool GTX 690 fullcover Bitspower Big Bang Xpower II fullcover 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional 3x Dell S2340 Max Keyboard Durandal CoolerMaster V1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza Genesis 9000B Logitech G700 Roccat Alumic Onkyo HT-S9100THX 
  hide details  
Reply
Millenium Falcon
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4930k MSI Big Bang Xpower II EVGA GTX 690 Patriot Viper II Sector 7 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Deneva 2 Corsair Force 3 Maxtor Western Digital Green 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung BD/DVD-RW Swiftech MCP655 x2 Black Ice GTX 480 Black Ice GTX 280 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool Repack Dual D5 Watercool Heatkiller 3.0 Alphacool GTX 690 fullcover Bitspower Big Bang Xpower II fullcover 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional 3x Dell S2340 Max Keyboard Durandal CoolerMaster V1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Azza Genesis 9000B Logitech G700 Roccat Alumic Onkyo HT-S9100THX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #273 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post

The basic one is that genes control the way cells behave.

But they do. What are you contesting about that?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 SABERTOOTH X58 Gigabyte GTX 970 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 320GB WD 1TB Hitachi 1TB CM Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 10 Pro 24" Sceptre 20" Asus Corsair TX750 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 SABERTOOTH X58 Gigabyte GTX 970 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD 320GB WD 1TB Hitachi 1TB CM Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 10 Pro 24" Sceptre 20" Asus Corsair TX750 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #274 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunzkevin1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozne View Post

Our biology and nature is to live in relatively small family groups. By nature we would kill other humans over food, territory, or mates. There might not be any requirement now with technology and the society we live in. But we are designed to be opportunistic feeders and are greatly benefited by eating meat. Go back thousands of years and get into a situation where you are confronted by a male that outweighs you by 50 pounds of muscle because he had proper fats and animal based proteins in his diet. You would rethink your stance.

Just look up who lives the longest in the US. It is Seventh Day Adventists in Loma Linda California. They are vegan. I'm adventist too but just don't eat pork or other unclean meats. You don't need meat to survive or be your best.

Go back a few thousand years and all Adam and Eve were eating were fruits and vegetables of the land. This is the ideal diet and the longevity of vegans proves this.
I'm going to be honest, this was the first time i've heard an argument for veganism based on religion.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
TBD Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k 4.5 GHz 1.3v Asus Z170i MSI 980Ti 1490/7760 MHz G.skill DDR4 8 GB x2 3733 MHz 15-15-15-35-1 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB Crucial M4 256 GB NH-C14S Windows 10 Student 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
TBD Cooler Master Quick Fire TK Corsair SF600 Fractal Core 500 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2-A Zowie G TF-X Fiio E17 v1 Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #275 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post

I'm going to be honest, this was the first time i've heard an argument for veganism based on religion.

Well the Bible doesn't say it is a sin to eat unhealthy things. But the Bible teaches the body is the temple of the Lord. If you keep your body and mind clean via healthy diet and habits, then you will be better off.
Works For Me!
(10 items)
 
Design Laptop
(5 items)
 
Antique
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320 @ 4.4ghz Gigabyte 970a-ud3p Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 16gb(4x4gb) DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO 256gb Barracuda 1tb Logisys Ice Wind CPU Cooler Windows 8.1 64bit 
PowerCase
Capstone 550 Watt Thermaltake V3 Black 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8 5557M Radeon 8750M G.Skill DDR3 1600 4GB x 2 Samsung 840 PRO 256gb 
OS
Windows 8- 64Bit 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E7200 @ 3.8ghz (1.227v) Biostar p45 4850 512mb @ 690mhz core OCZ 2x2gb ddr2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320gb samsung sata Lite-on something or other. Windows Vista 64 Acer 20" Widescreen 
PowerCaseMouse
Rosewill 600watt Xclio A*380 Ocz Equalizer 
  hide details  
Reply
Works For Me!
(10 items)
 
Design Laptop
(5 items)
 
Antique
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8320 @ 4.4ghz Gigabyte 970a-ud3p Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 16gb(4x4gb) DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO 256gb Barracuda 1tb Logisys Ice Wind CPU Cooler Windows 8.1 64bit 
PowerCase
Capstone 550 Watt Thermaltake V3 Black 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
AMD A8 5557M Radeon 8750M G.Skill DDR3 1600 4GB x 2 Samsung 840 PRO 256gb 
OS
Windows 8- 64Bit 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E7200 @ 3.8ghz (1.227v) Biostar p45 4850 512mb @ 690mhz core OCZ 2x2gb ddr2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320gb samsung sata Lite-on something or other. Windows Vista 64 Acer 20" Widescreen 
PowerCaseMouse
Rosewill 600watt Xclio A*380 Ocz Equalizer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #276 of 293
Whoa whoa, can we not drift onto religion!
Quote:
Partake in discussions about politics, race or religion or promote your own views in this area through any other means

can we stick to the interesting news sstory about creating an army of deadpool soildiers wink.gif (or just the awseomness of maybe having a highly effective means of curing Blood cancers)
Escobar
(9 items)
 
Supercomputer ^_^
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T M4A88T-D EVO USB3 ATI 6850 4 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
DVD RW Windows 8 Pro lp1900 + 2 X 15 inch dell Microsoft Comfort Curve 
PowerCase
600watt thermaltake antec 200 
  hide details  
Reply
Escobar
(9 items)
 
Supercomputer ^_^
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T M4A88T-D EVO USB3 ATI 6850 4 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
DVD RW Windows 8 Pro lp1900 + 2 X 15 inch dell Microsoft Comfort Curve 
PowerCase
600watt thermaltake antec 200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #277 of 293
Nah guys, I admit it. I really am a pharm shill. It's why I wipe my butt with hundred dollar bills and just purchased a house on Nantucket island to store all my Ferraris.

Sorry you all had to find out this way.
post #278 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroc91 View Post

But they do. What are you contesting about that?
I'll take a simple example.

There have been certain tests with human stem cells. The cells were cloned, and they were put in different Petri dishes. They were all genetically identical, yet, depending on the Petri dish, they formed bone cells, muscle cells, fat cells and so on. So it was the Petri dish that decided how the cell was going to behave, not its DNA. The DNA contains blueprints for all the different types of cells, but it was their environment that determined in which type of cell they would turn into. The conclusion is quite simple. The DNA contains instructions for a bunch of different things, but what triggers these instructions is the environment. Simple but straightforward experiment that has been done quite a while ago.

Based on this, it's quite straightforward. By changing your diet, you change the environment in your body, and by doing this, you change the behavior of cells in your body.

Overly simplified, of course, as there are many many many more variables to take into account, like copying mistakes, DNA damage, your body's repair mechanism & immune system and so on.
post #279 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post

I'll take a simple example.

There have been certain tests with human stem cells. The cells were cloned, and they were put in different Petri dishes. They were all genetically identical, yet, depending on the Petri dish, they formed bone cells, muscle cells, fat cells and so on. So it was the Petri dish that decided how the cell was going to behave, not its DNA. The DNA contains blueprints for all the different types of cells, but it was their environment that determined in which type of cell they would turn into. The conclusion is quite simple. The DNA contains instructions for a bunch of different things, but what triggers these instructions is the environment. Simple but straightforward experiment that has been done quite a while ago.

Based on this, it's quite straightforward. By changing your diet, you change the environment in your body, and by doing this, you change the behavior of cells in your body.

Overly simplified, of course, as there are many many many more variables to take into account, like copying mistakes, DNA damage, your body's repair mechanism & immune system and so on.

And you wonder why people think your lack of science education matters when you completely misinterpret scientific data.

Genetic expression is controlled by a variety of factors. Some environmental, some internal, some within the gene structure itself. An example of one doesn't disprove the other, nor does it suddenly prove a very specific application of the former.

Or to reframe your logic in a different application:

My computer contains a CPU and GPU. I upgrade my CPU and my framerates improve. Therefore, CPU is the only thing that affects framerates. Based on this, by changing to an Intel processor, you now have access to the ARM instruction set.
post #280 of 293
And for some reason you completely ignored my last sentence. That makes your whole post completely moot.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [BBC] Cancer cure, 90% of terminally ill patients reportedly went into remission