Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [BBC] Cancer cure, 90% of terminally ill patients reportedly went into remission
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[BBC] Cancer cure, 90% of terminally ill patients reportedly went into remission - Page 29

post #281 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post

And for some reason you completely ignored my last sentence. That makes your whole post completely moot.

So the entirety of your argument is:

"Environment is the sole factor in genetic expression. By the way here's a completely incorrect example. Also it's simplified so even though both my premises and conclusion are incorrect, I am still immune from scientific inaccuracies."

Doesn't matter how simplified your argument is. Your logic is faulty, your conclusion is incorrect, and your application of your conclusion is wrong. Environmental factors have been established to be one of multiple factors in genetic expression.

Feel free to look up chromatin structures, cis regulatory elements, transcription enhancers, transcription silencers, and DNA methylation, for starters.
Edited by r31ncarnat3d - 2/26/16 at 4:26am
post #282 of 293
I never said it is the SOLE factor. Go strawman someone else.

I'll leave this here and call it a day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj2FxXkzjq8
post #283 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post

I never said it is the SOLE factor. Go strawman someone else.

I'll leave this here and call it a day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj2FxXkzjq8

For someone who loves pointing out Philo 101 logical fallacies, you sure love committing them.

Even if you didn't argue environmental is the sole factor, the fact that it influences genetic expression does not provide evidence for your claim that veganism cures cancer. Environmental variables affecting gene expression does not mean every specific environmental application on every specific gene expression is now valid.
Edited by r31ncarnat3d - 2/26/16 at 5:02am
post #284 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAntilli View Post

I'll take a simple example.

There have been certain tests with human stem cells. The cells were cloned, and they were put in different Petri dishes. They were all genetically identical, yet, depending on the Petri dish, they formed bone cells, muscle cells, fat cells and so on. So it was the Petri dish that decided how the cell was going to behave, not its DNA. The DNA contains blueprints for all the different types of cells, but it was their environment that determined in which type of cell they would turn into. The conclusion is quite simple. The DNA contains instructions for a bunch of different things, but what triggers these instructions is the environment. Simple but straightforward experiment that has been done quite a while ago.

Based on this, it's quite straightforward. By changing your diet, you change the environment in your body, and by doing this, you change the behavior of cells in your body.

Overly simplified, of course, as there are many many many more variables to take into account, like copying mistakes, DNA damage, your body's repair mechanism & immune system and so on.


Source please?
Escobar
(9 items)
 
Supercomputer ^_^
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T M4A88T-D EVO USB3 ATI 6850 4 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
DVD RW Windows 8 Pro lp1900 + 2 X 15 inch dell Microsoft Comfort Curve 
PowerCase
600watt thermaltake antec 200 
  hide details  
Reply
Escobar
(9 items)
 
Supercomputer ^_^
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T M4A88T-D EVO USB3 ATI 6850 4 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
DVD RW Windows 8 Pro lp1900 + 2 X 15 inch dell Microsoft Comfort Curve 
PowerCase
600watt thermaltake antec 200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #285 of 293


If yall havent watched this yet........
"97% of people who go through Chemotherapy die within 5 years."
Haswell i3
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i3-4150 @ 3.5 GHz Asus B85M-G Rev 1.01, Bios: 2501 Integrated Intel HD 4400 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 750 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.14 Seagate 500 GB 2.5" Samsung DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H70 Windows 10 64 bit Samsung A300N 20" 1600 x 900 60Hz 5ms 19Watt PS/2 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850 V2 CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black Logitech M170 
  hide details  
Reply
Haswell i3
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i3-4150 @ 3.5 GHz Asus B85M-G Rev 1.01, Bios: 2501 Integrated Intel HD 4400 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 750 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.14 Seagate 500 GB 2.5" Samsung DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H70 Windows 10 64 bit Samsung A300N 20" 1600 x 900 60Hz 5ms 19Watt PS/2 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850 V2 CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black Logitech M170 
  hide details  
Reply
post #286 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post

Source please?

He's just describing immature pluripotent or totipotent stem cells. Most cells aren't of those types.
post #287 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitlian View Post

If yall havent watched this yet........
"97% of people who go through Chemotherapy die within 5 years."

I can't watch this at work but I must say, based on this quote, the people I know who have gone through chemo must be a extreme statistical anomaly. rolleyes.gif
Langour
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.7ghz MSI p67a-gd80 MSI N580GTX Lightning @ 960mhz Mushkin Ridgeback 8gb (2 x 4gb) 
Hard DrivePowerCase
WD blue caviar 1T; Mushkin Castillo SSD 60gb Corsair 850HX Corsair 600T Special Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Langour
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.7ghz MSI p67a-gd80 MSI N580GTX Lightning @ 960mhz Mushkin Ridgeback 8gb (2 x 4gb) 
Hard DrivePowerCase
WD blue caviar 1T; Mushkin Castillo SSD 60gb Corsair 850HX Corsair 600T Special Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #288 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by serothis View Post

I can't watch this at work but I must say, based on this quote, the people I know who have gone through chemo must be a extreme statistical anomaly. rolleyes.gif



Or may be they used some alternatives after chemo that saved them.
Anyway, I want you to watch it whenever you have spare time.
Haswell i3
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i3-4150 @ 3.5 GHz Asus B85M-G Rev 1.01, Bios: 2501 Integrated Intel HD 4400 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 750 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.14 Seagate 500 GB 2.5" Samsung DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H70 Windows 10 64 bit Samsung A300N 20" 1600 x 900 60Hz 5ms 19Watt PS/2 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850 V2 CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black Logitech M170 
  hide details  
Reply
Haswell i3
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i3-4150 @ 3.5 GHz Asus B85M-G Rev 1.01, Bios: 2501 Integrated Intel HD 4400 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 750 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.14 Seagate 500 GB 2.5" Samsung DVD/RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H70 Windows 10 64 bit Samsung A300N 20" 1600 x 900 60Hz 5ms 19Watt PS/2 Microsoft Wired Keyboard 500 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX850 V2 CoolerMaster Elite 430 Black Logitech M170 
  hide details  
Reply
post #289 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitlian View Post

Or may be they used some alternatives after chemo that saved them.
Anyway, I want you to watch it whenever you have spare time.

Nope. I can say with absolute certainty that the ones close to me went right back to living their lives. Same diet, same activity type and level. Heck a couple of them did their best to maintain their normal lifestyles during treatment.

The survival rate of the people I know who have gone through chemo has been entirely down to the type of cancer they were diagnosed with. The one's who didn't survive had very aggressive cancers.
Edited by serothis - 2/26/16 at 9:14am
Langour
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.7ghz MSI p67a-gd80 MSI N580GTX Lightning @ 960mhz Mushkin Ridgeback 8gb (2 x 4gb) 
Hard DrivePowerCase
WD blue caviar 1T; Mushkin Castillo SSD 60gb Corsair 850HX Corsair 600T Special Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Langour
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.7ghz MSI p67a-gd80 MSI N580GTX Lightning @ 960mhz Mushkin Ridgeback 8gb (2 x 4gb) 
Hard DrivePowerCase
WD blue caviar 1T; Mushkin Castillo SSD 60gb Corsair 850HX Corsair 600T Special Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #290 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitlian View Post



If yall havent watched this yet........
"97% of people who go through Chemotherapy die within 5 years."



What is it with groups of people posting you tube videos and believing them? The studies these sorts of videos have been based on have been disproved over and over and over again, heres taken from caner reaserch uk, an arguable much more reliable source
Quote:
Please note that there are no national statistics available for different stages of lymphoma, or for treatments that people may have had. The statistics we present here are pulled together from a variety of different sources, including the opinions and experience of the experts that check each section of Cancer Research UK's patient information. We give statistics because people ask us for them. But they are only intended as a general guide and cannot be regarded as any more than that.

Even they say they are a general guide and they do NOT include information about what treatments people take, as that data just doesn't exist
Escobar
(9 items)
 
Supercomputer ^_^
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T M4A88T-D EVO USB3 ATI 6850 4 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
DVD RW Windows 8 Pro lp1900 + 2 X 15 inch dell Microsoft Comfort Curve 
PowerCase
600watt thermaltake antec 200 
  hide details  
Reply
Escobar
(9 items)
 
Supercomputer ^_^
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T M4A88T-D EVO USB3 ATI 6850 4 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
DVD RW Windows 8 Pro lp1900 + 2 X 15 inch dell Microsoft Comfort Curve 
PowerCase
600watt thermaltake antec 200 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [BBC] Cancer cure, 90% of terminally ill patients reportedly went into remission