I got them as tight as I could without stressing the existing plastic. I then actually used super glue to hold them in position then I went and drowned it in epoxy on the inside.
It's currently all bogged up from putty and 1/3 of the way through the sanding, so updates soon I hope
Edit: I should mention that after my initial epoxy work on the inside, I did hear some slight cracking when handling it and pressing the putty in. So I did go back over it with a heap of epoxy and pretty much created a whole layer between the new plastic and the nes. Just a thought for anyone wanting to do something similar
Edited by tysonischarles - 2/22/16 at 11:44am