Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Fiji Bios Editing ( Fury / Fury X / Nano / Radeon Pro Duo )
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiji Bios Editing ( Fury / Fury X / Nano / Radeon Pro Duo ) - Page 92

post #911 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreDVJ View Post

I thought it was a bug. It could be it wasn't for modded/hacked roms.

Each time I disable CSM and then reboot, the mobo would automatically enable CSM, because something is wrong with the graphics card rom (mods). I tried to trick the mobo, by:

1) Flashing Sapphire-supplied BIOS, then reboot.
2) Disabling CSM, so full UEFI
3) Flashing modded rom again, and reboot.

The result is that mobo would issue a long beep, and would not post for like 30 seconds until mobo resets itself, enabling CSM. Yes UEFI isn't that stupid.

I have the same problem, CSM gets enabled after a reboot except I have an Asrock mobo. Another problem I have is the Fury turning on fast enough to display the mobo splash screen so I can hit F6 to get in. I have power on and off multiple times just to get a chance to see the mobo splash screen to appear. I contacted Sapphire Support and they sent me a new Fury Tri-X firmware but that still hasn't solved either problem.

Fury Tri-X OC they issued is now 015.049.000.008 up from 015.049.000.003. Here's some images.

post #912 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by solariss View Post

I have the same problem, CSM gets enabled after a reboot except I have an Asrock mobo. Another problem I have is the Fury turning on fast enough to display the mobo splash screen so I can hit F6 to get in. I have power on and off multiple times just to get a chance to see the mobo splash screen to appear. I contacted Sapphire Support and they sent me a new Fury Tri-X firmware but that still hasn't solved either problem.

Fury Tri-X OC they issued is now 015.049.000.008 up from 015.049.000.003. Here's some images.


Is your issue that CSM keeps getting enabled on your board? If so, that BIOS that sapphire sent you should have solved that. Looking at the BIOS info you provided, that's the same one they sent me (015.049.000.008.00000), and my CSM issue was gone. Mine is the Sapphire Tri-X (Non-OC) R9 Fury.

With that, perhaps you need to revisit your MB settings. If you're trying to enable Secure Boot, there are certain settings you need to enable for CSM to stay disabled. One of them being Enabling Secure Boot, then choosing "Custom" and enabling Key Management. See my post in this thread here. You can also see my flash info here

Let us know.
post #913 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post

Is your issue that CSM keeps getting enabled on your board? If so, that BIOS that sapphire sent you should have solved that. Looking at the BIOS info you provided, that's the same one they sent me (015.049.000.008.00000), and my CSM issue was gone. Mine is the Sapphire Tri-X (Non-OC) R9 Fury.

With that, perhaps you need to revisit your MB settings. If you're trying to enable Secure Boot, there are certain settings you need to enable for CSM to stay disabled. One of them being Enabling Secure Boot, then choosing "Custom" and enabling Key Management. See my post in this thread here. You can also see my flash info here

Let us know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solariss View Post

I have the same problem, CSM gets enabled after a reboot except I have an Asrock mobo. Another problem I have is the Fury turning on fast enough to display the mobo splash screen so I can hit F6 to get in. I have power on and off multiple times just to get a chance to see the mobo splash screen to appear. I contacted Sapphire Support and they sent me a new Fury Tri-X firmware but that still hasn't solved either problem.

Fury Tri-X OC they issued is now 015.049.000.008 up from 015.049.000.003. Here's some images.


Any chance either of you could upload a copy of you 008 bios for the TriX?
Edited by shadowxaero - 6/28/16 at 2:39pm
post #914 of 1773
I'm not sure what Sapphire's stance is since they require you to contact them for the BIOS as opposed to just downloading them on their website. That kind of activity makes it seem they don't want them publically distributed. Sorry.

Can someone with experience here chime in on this???
post #915 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post

I'm not sure what Sapphire's stance is since they require you to contact them for the BIOS as opposed to just downloading them on their website. That kind of activity makes it seem they don't want them publically distributed. Sorry.

Can someone with experience here chime in on this???

Maybe PM me it then? Really just want to address my own UEFI issues lol.
post #916 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowxaero View Post


Any chance either of you could upload a copy of you 008 bios for the TriX?

Here you go.

299-1E329-100SA/299-1E329-300SA: E1040/M500 OC clock:
Default BIOS: 329P05HU.O5C
Unlock power BIOS: 329P05HU.Q5D

008bios.zip 209k .zip file
Edited by solariss - 6/28/16 at 9:32pm
post #917 of 1773
Anyone take a look at that rx480 bios yet?
post #918 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntcraft View Post

Anyone take a look at that rx480 bios yet?

I haven't looked at it, but according to PCPER the 4 and 8 GB RX 480's both actually have 8 GB of ram. The difference is the Bios. In fact they used different Bios to test the same card @ different Ram configs.

Anyone up for a free upgrade. LOL
post #919 of 1773
Quote:
Originally Posted by solariss View Post

Here you go.

299-1E329-100SA/299-1E329-300SA: E1040/M500 OC clock:
Default BIOS: 329P05HU.O5C
Unlock power BIOS: 329P05HU.Q5D

008bios.zip 209k .zip file

Would this work on my XFX Fury Triple dissipation too? Should be same PCB but other cooler?
post #920 of 1773
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintek View Post

Getting a little overwhelmed here but with using Fiji Bios Editor 1.2 if i'm wanting to just undervolt stock voltages to reduce temps I go to PowerPlay and reduce the DPM0 vid correct or do I need to manually set them all?

If you edit DPM 0 only, then only idle/lowest state VID is modified. So if you have been finding you can undervolt your card by say -24mV you need to edit each DPM by same amount by ROM to have same effect. As DPM 1-7 in stock ROM are "auto calculate" (EVV) you need to find your stock VID at stock settings first, use AiDA64 info in OP wink.gif.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowxaero View Post


Any chance either of you could upload a copy of you 008 bios for the TriX?

Besides the ROM shared by Solariss, Szaby76 has already shared updated UEFI ROMs for Fury Tri-X STD & OC in this thread smile.gif. As on ☎ bit of pain to search/link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntcraft View Post

Anyone take a look at that rx480 bios yet?

Yes, it is similar PowerPlay. Tonga_pptable.h has been updated for Polaris, part of Linux driver on github. IIRC from viewing ROM last night 110W/107A/110W is PL in ROM, also as PCB has IR3567B it is same method of programming VDDC offset, VDDC Limit, fSW, OCP, OVP, etc. Not got a card yet, would be interesting to know if loop 2 controls VDDCI like Hawaii/Grenada or MVDDC like Fiji. From having read several reviews WattMan limits VID increase to 1150mV so I reckon people may still use 3rd party apps/bios mod/volt mod to gain more if chip has potential/better cooling solution used.
Edited by gupsterg - 6/30/16 at 1:35am
The Stilt Machine
(14 items)
 
XPS - i5 4690K
(12 items)
 
XPS - Q6600
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Asus Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire Fury X@1145/545 G.Skill Trident Z 2x 8GB 3200MHz C14 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung Evo 840 ThermalRight Archon IB-E X2 + 2x TY143 ThermalRight TY-143 2x front case intake Arctic Cooling F12 + 2x F9 as rear case exhaust 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64 Asus MG279Q Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Cooler Master V850 
CaseMouse
SilverStone TJ06 Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K@4.9GHz 1.255V Asus Maximus VII Ranger Sapphire Fury X@1145/545 HyperX Savage 2x8GB 2400MHz C11 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 840 TR Archon SB-E X2 Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 x64 Asus MG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Cooler Master V850 SilverStone TJ06 Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 Asus P5K Premium Black Pearl Sapphire Toxic HD5850 Corsair Dominator 4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial MX 100 256GB TR TRUE Rev.A Win 7 Pro x64 Cooler Master V650 
  hide details  
Reply
The Stilt Machine
(14 items)
 
XPS - i5 4690K
(12 items)
 
XPS - Q6600
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Asus Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire Fury X@1145/545 G.Skill Trident Z 2x 8GB 3200MHz C14 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung Evo 840 ThermalRight Archon IB-E X2 + 2x TY143 ThermalRight TY-143 2x front case intake Arctic Cooling F12 + 2x F9 as rear case exhaust 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64 Asus MG279Q Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Cooler Master V850 
CaseMouse
SilverStone TJ06 Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K@4.9GHz 1.255V Asus Maximus VII Ranger Sapphire Fury X@1145/545 HyperX Savage 2x8GB 2400MHz C11 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 840 TR Archon SB-E X2 Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 x64 Asus MG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry MX-Board 3.0 Cooler Master V850 SilverStone TJ06 Logitech G700S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 Asus P5K Premium Black Pearl Sapphire Toxic HD5850 Corsair Dominator 4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Crucial MX 100 256GB TR TRUE Rev.A Win 7 Pro x64 Cooler Master V650 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Fiji Bios Editing ( Fury / Fury X / Nano / Radeon Pro Duo )