Originally Posted by zealord
This is why people are wrong so often on the internet. Sadly misinformation gets passed on. Big shame on Tweaktown for writing the news and completely ignoring the important parts of the source they quoted. Which is also not the ORIGINAL news publisher, but just another step in between.
It is like that kids game where you whispers a message in ones ear and they pass it along to the next kid and at the end something like "Harry likes tomato juice" becomes "Barry loves dancing shoes". I don't know the english name of the game sorry.
The original source says "digital sales" and then the next websites basically changes the news into just sales.
Then we have people quoting news that say Xbox one sold 1 million so PC has to have sold 3 million.
I don't dare to say that I am right with my assumptions, but more reasonable is to look at it that way :
1) Steamspy says ROTR is at about 500k~ owners on Steam. Steamspy is pretty close, they are not spot on, but they are always pretty close
2) ROTR was bundled with Nvidia GPUs
3) Digital sales on PC make up something like 90% of all sales.
4) Digital sales on Xbox aren't anywhere as high as physical sales
5) Windows Store has a couple of sales aswell. I am certain that it isn't anywhere near Steam. Not even with the exploits people used.
Even in the best possible scenario the game has sold probably less than 600K including digital, physical, steam and Windows Store.