Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Gears Of War system requirements
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gears Of War system requirements

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Theyre saying you need an i5 650 ti and 8 gigs of ram as the minimum?...

I got an i4 4460 @ 3.2ghz GTX 760 and 8 gigs of ram but im pretty sure i can max it out at 1080P and still get very playable fps with a controller, are you looking forward to this game?
post #2 of 7
I never ever played a GOW game so yeah I am looking forward to it.

rolleyes.gif
post #3 of 7
Other than sli not working and no exclusive fullscreen mode it's peachy. It should work fine for you if my 980ti can do 4k reasonably well at 4k....although god only knows since FPS counters don't work on windows store games! O_O mad.gif

Oy, I really want to talk to some of the shortsighted people at MS and really see if they know how mad that gets a pc gamer.
D-1000
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790k @ 4.8Ghz 1.23v Evga z87 Classified 980ti sc acx+ SLI 980ti sc acx+ SLI 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DD... Kingston 128GB SSD LG BD-RW H100 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 x64 with Media Center U28D590 4k Acer HN274h 27" 1080p 120hz  G19 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra X4 1600W Corsair 800D Razor Naga Epic Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
D-1000
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790k @ 4.8Ghz 1.23v Evga z87 Classified 980ti sc acx+ SLI 980ti sc acx+ SLI 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DD... Kingston 128GB SSD LG BD-RW H100 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 x64 with Media Center U28D590 4k Acer HN274h 27" 1080p 120hz  G19 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra X4 1600W Corsair 800D Razor Naga Epic Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooginater View Post

Other than sli not working and no exclusive fullscreen mode it's peachy. It should work fine for you if my 980ti can do 4k reasonably well at 4k....although god only knows since FPS counters don't work on windows store games! O_O mad.gif

Oy, I really want to talk to some of the shortsighted people at MS and really see if they know how mad that gets a pc gamer.

There´s a benchmark under extras with a FPS counter. It runs pretty poorly here on my 980 TI @ 4K. A stuttering mess. 1440p is okay, but with huge frame drops here and there.
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devnant View Post

There´s a benchmark under extras with a FPS counter. It runs pretty poorly here on my 980 TI @ 4K. A stuttering mess. 1440p is okay, but with huge frame drops here and there.

I know about the benchmark, just doesn't help much during actual gameplay. =/

Someone needs to come up with an alternative. Does anyone happen to know if Evga precision through a logitech g15 fps would work?
D-1000
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790k @ 4.8Ghz 1.23v Evga z87 Classified 980ti sc acx+ SLI 980ti sc acx+ SLI 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DD... Kingston 128GB SSD LG BD-RW H100 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 x64 with Media Center U28D590 4k Acer HN274h 27" 1080p 120hz  G19 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra X4 1600W Corsair 800D Razor Naga Epic Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
D-1000
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790k @ 4.8Ghz 1.23v Evga z87 Classified 980ti sc acx+ SLI 980ti sc acx+ SLI 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DD... Kingston 128GB SSD LG BD-RW H100 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 x64 with Media Center U28D590 4k Acer HN274h 27" 1080p 120hz  G19 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra X4 1600W Corsair 800D Razor Naga Epic Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooginater View Post

I know about the benchmark, just doesn't help much during actual gameplay. =/

Someone needs to come up with an alternative. Does anyone happen to know if Evga precision through a logitech g15 fps would work?

Well, the benchmark is based on a scenario in-game with heavy shooting. But you can try Dxtory and check if that works for you. There´s no other way AFAIK,
post #7 of 7
Just bought it today. I really wanted to support Microsoft's effort, they've really been getting crapped on lately. My only gripe is $30 for a 2008 game, even if it is remastered. Either way, I applaud their effort and hope to see many more first party games come to PC.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Gears Of War system requirements