Overclock.net › Forums › Hardware Vendors › Case Labs › Something Small (and Wicked) This Way Comes...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Something Small (and Wicked) This Way Comes... - Page 124

post #1231 of 2687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post

fixed that for you

there is NO idea beyond if he is looking for "stock no mods" then no. but he didnt say that. and i would never assume someone buying a caselabs wont mod it....

I would NEVER mod my precious CL chassis.tongue.gif
post #1232 of 2687
Quote:
I would NEVER mod my precious CL chassis.tongue.gif

I am extreme anal freak and even slight scratch on any part of my case would really bother me.
I said I would never drill a hole in any of my CL cases, than while you assembling things together you realize how much limitations you putting on your component layout and you only depriving yourself from making your build to look just the way you want it, so I gave up and said wth. live once so enjoy when you can.






There is a ton of drills everywhere , this is quad D5 aqua computer pump build, yet this workstation runs 20db I am silent operation obsessed, the loudest thigh in this build are Velociratpors HDD x4, it took me lot of time to optimized this to run fully automatically with delta of 2 C degree I wouldn't be able to accomplish without molding, best part is CL have you cover with spare parts thumb.gif

I should upload a video of how quiet this thing is I can drop crumple paper towel on my desk and that's pretty much what you can hear it.
Edited by NewUser16 - 6/4/16 at 2:35pm
post #1233 of 2687
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser16 View Post


I am extreme anal freak and even slight scratch on any part of my case would really bother me.
I said I would never drill a hole in any of my CL cases, than while you assembling things together you realize how much limitations you putting on your component layout and you only depriving yourself from making your build to look just the way you want it, so I gave up and said wth. live once so enjoy when you can.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



There is a ton of drills everywhere , but you can make it look tasteful enough and the best part is CL have you cover with spare parts thumb.gif

Indeed, custom water loop cries for case modding, but since i'm the air cooled guy, this does not apply to me. wink.gif

Edit: impressive build btw smile.gif
post #1234 of 2687
Ahhh I should have pay more attention to this thread I didn't look back at the fact you on air, sorry biggrin.gif
post #1235 of 2687
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser16 View Post

Ahhh I should have pay more attention to this thread I didn't look back at the fact you on air, sorry biggrin.gif

Haha ! No harm done. Less risk involved while on air but custom loop vs air can't compare !
post #1236 of 2687
duplicate post, sorry
Edited by SleepyOgre - 6/4/16 at 10:54am
post #1237 of 2687
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgr94 View Post

Nice! What's you're plan for airflow?

Whats your gameplan for airflow? Are you going to use the two fans up top to help vent the cooler?
Edited by SleepyOgre - 6/4/16 at 12:42pm
post #1238 of 2687
Wow haha so I just stayed up pretty much all night reading this thread and looking at computer stuff. Been thinking to do a mini ITX for my next computer for a while,, but didnt find a case I liked enough until this. I just have a few dumb questions (I'm not too experienced) if someone can bear with me

1. Which demciflex filters do I need? Is it 2x120mm rectangle filter for the front and top ventilation? Do I need for the holes on the back aswell? Can they be put both inside and outside of the case?

2. What kind of "devices" can you mount on the accessory mount? Is it for SSD? Just got curious on this one rolleyes.gif

3. How many fans do I need, is it just the two in the front? Doesnt look like there can or is supposed to be an exhaust fan on the back judging from the pictures. I'm planning to get an AIO (never had one, they look really slick!) I'm guessing a double fan one attached to the top would be good (or a single fan exhausting on the back)? I read the article on the website about positive pressure which I didn't know about so I want to try create that

Another thing regarding this is I read mITX mb's usually only have 2 fan connectors so I'm not sure how that works if theres 2 fans in front + fans on the AIO/back/or bottom next to the psu (I figure I don't need a fan here if I'm using SSD only).
I'm planning mITX but the bh4 is very tempting too, this decision is driving me insane biggrin.gif but it's 8 something am and I want to sleep a few hours now thumb.gif
post #1239 of 2687
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFixComputer View Post

Wow haha so I just stayed up pretty much all night reading this thread and looking at computer stuff. Been thinking to do a mini ITX for my next computer for a while,, but didnt find a case I liked enough until this. I just have a few dumb questions (I'm not too experienced) if someone can bear with me

1. Which demciflex filters do I need? Is it 2x120mm rectangle filter for the front and top ventilation? Do I need for the holes on the back aswell? Can they be put both inside and outside of the case?

2. What kind of "devices" can you mount on the accessory mount? Is it for SSD? Just got curious on this one rolleyes.gif

3. How many fans do I need, is it just the two in the front? Doesnt look like there can or is supposed to be an exhaust fan on the back judging from the pictures. I'm planning to get an AIO (never had one, they look really slick!) I'm guessing a double fan one attached to the top would be good (or a single fan exhausting on the back)? I read the article on the website about positive pressure which I didn't know about so I want to try create that

Another thing regarding this is I read mITX mb's usually only have 2 fan connectors so I'm not sure how that works if theres 2 fans in front + fans on the AIO/back/or bottom next to the psu (I figure I don't need a fan here if I'm using SSD only).
I'm planning mITX but the bh4 is very tempting too, this decision is driving me insane biggrin.gif but it's 8 something am and I want to sleep a few hours now thumb.gif

Got a newbie here! Welcome to the boards. I'll try to help a bit here.

1. These filters work fine. As for where to put them and how many you should get will depend on how you're orienting things in this case. You only need filters on intake fans, so if you're intake is going to be from the front, then put a filter there so air is drawn thru it prior to passing thru into the case. If both top and bottom are going to be intakes for you, put filters in both places.

2. The accessory mount is basically a place to drill and mount whatever you need to. Pump, tiny reservoir, fan controller, power splitter, ccfl inverters, etc. It gives you a blank flat space for mounting whatever your build requires. SSD's can be mounted in the main HDD bracket with an SSD mount kit.

3. Depends on what you're looking to do. There is a rear 80mm fan attachment in the bottom section for help cooling the drives. You're only other choices are the four spots in the top that are all 120mm size. Since you're using an AIO, you'll probably have to mount it on the top bracket depending on the length of your GPU. Mounting it there could block usage of one of the front fan slots. Really, the only way to figure it out is to measure everything carefully. You can either take the measurements on page 1 and do some guess work, buy the case and measure things when it arrives, or wait until someone else posts how they built something similar to what you're after.

Since they haven't shipped yet, a lot of it is theory based on the measurement caselabs have provided. I've you're really unsure, then you should probably wait to buy everything until you have the case in hand to measure or wait to see how other people do it. Last thing you want is to blow a few hundred bucks on gear to find out it won't fit. Good luck
post #1240 of 2687
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyOgre View Post

Whats your gameplan for airflow? Are you going to use the two fans up top to help vent the cooler?

Yeah I think I'm going to use 1 reversed fan on the DARK ROCK TF and 2 top exhaust fans in the case smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Labs
Overclock.net › Forums › Hardware Vendors › Case Labs › Something Small (and Wicked) This Way Comes...