Overclock.net › Forums › Hardware Vendors › Case Labs › Something Small (and Wicked) This Way Comes...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Something Small (and Wicked) This Way Comes... - Page 163

post #1621 of 2687
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFinside View Post

From my humble point of view, that does not apply to your scenario since you have 2 front fans providing airflow very close to the cooler and also 1 exhaust fan all horizontal.I mean this is not a HTPC. The other way around, you could provide airflow towards VRMs and Dimms while keeping your CPU cool. Even in the case the way you did it may sound right, you may just gain 1 degree maybe ? I would follow Noctua manual, but that's just me.

So in my quest to find an elusive ticking noise in my pc (which ended up being the PSU) I tried placing the Dark Rock TF's fans in the push config. I had them in pull prior and was experiencing temps around 30c at idle and 55c at load during gaming. There is a very hot pocket behind the CPU. When I put the fans on push, my idle temps went up approx. 5 degrees. I returned my fan config to pull. My new plan of action is to remove the top fan, install the cases fan bracket and use two fans to help exhaust the system. Hopefully it helps.

I do notice after a few hours of gaming, the top of the case is very warm. The 980ti was running at approx. 57c and the CPU at 55c.
post #1622 of 2687
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyOgre View Post

So in my quest to find an elusive ticking noise in my pc (which ended up being the PSU) I tried placing the Dark Rock TF's fans in the push config. I had them in pull prior and was experiencing temps around 30c at idle and 55c at load during gaming. There is a very hot pocket behind the CPU. When I put the fans on push, my idle temps went up approx. 5 degrees. I returned my fan config to pull. My new plan of action is to remove the top fan, install the cases fan bracket and use two fans to help exhaust the system. Hopefully it helps.

I do notice after a few hours of gaming, the top of the case is very warm. The 980ti was running at approx. 57c and the CPU at 55c.

Thank you, on my BH4 i plan for horizontal airflow (push/pull on the CPU heatsink). I'll report how it goes, it may take some time as i'm waiting for some hardware to get released. I think pancake coolers work better in large chassis.
post #1623 of 2687
@Case Labs, what's the type/size screw for the case feet? Thank you.
post #1624 of 2687
Hate waiting. Hopefully soon. Anyone use the H100i?

Order Date: 7th May 2016

This order is marked as Awaiting Fulfillment


Your Order Contains:
1 x Bullet BH7 Drive Cage Assembly
1 x Bullet BH7 ATX Case
(Style: Dual Windows ($10.00), Color: Black, Handles: No)
Edited by Vash101 - 7/1/16 at 5:34pm
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 evga gtx 970 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Red Samsung 830  WD Green Samsung 840 Evo 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
H100i v2 Windows 7 Profesional 64 Dell UltraSharp U2412M Dell UltraSharp U2412M 
KeyboardPowerCase
g710/g13 Corsair AX850 Case Labs BH7 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 evga gtx 970 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Red Samsung 830  WD Green Samsung 840 Evo 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
H100i v2 Windows 7 Profesional 64 Dell UltraSharp U2412M Dell UltraSharp U2412M 
KeyboardPowerCase
g710/g13 Corsair AX850 Case Labs BH7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1625 of 2687
It is a joy to work with this case. Really well done Jim.



post #1626 of 2687
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohnson View Post

I have a fitment question.

I am looking at getting matx version. I will be using evga 970 hybrids in SLI, planning to put the radiators in the front of the case, then another AIO cpu cooler into the top.

Will the 970 hybrids fit in there? Also, can I use a 120x2 radiator on the top for the cpu to go with the hybrids?

This question is the only thing holding me up from placing my tangerine order.

They are excellent and i have had 3 cases so i have experience with them and they are all made the same by looks
post #1627 of 2687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Case Labs View Post

Let's get the weekend started with some new pics cheers.gif

BH2/BH4 Drive Mounts: 2 HDD + 4 SSD



BH7 with 2nd Drive Cage



More to come...

For the BH2 cages.
Is there anyway you can make a separate accessory (like you made for bh7 extra cage hdd cage) in which instead of the ssd cage area, you can make 2 x vertical hdd's instead? [on it's side not completely vertical, I'm sure you know what I mean: http://www.icydock.com/product/images/mb975sp-b_space_saving.png]. This would enable us to use 4 x 3.5" Hdd's on BH2 which would be just fantastic!
If this feature was somehow implemented or you made a separate accessory for this to work I would buy the BH2 the very next second!

Also, do you have any BH2 builds you can post pictures of?
No Bh2 builds posted by anyone yet, it's mostly bh4 and bh7.

Thanks!
post #1628 of 2687
Update... All the cables I need plugged...


post #1629 of 2687
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpnp7 View Post

For the BH2 cages.
Is there anyway you can make a separate accessory (like you made for bh7 extra cage hdd cage) in which instead of the ssd cage area, you can make 2 x vertical hdd's instead? [on it's side not completely vertical, I'm sure you know what I mean: http://www.icydock.com/product/images/mb975sp-b_space_saving.png]. This would enable us to use 4 x 3.5" Hdd's on BH2 which would be just fantastic!
If this feature was somehow implemented or you made a separate accessory for this to work I would buy the BH2 the very next second!

Also, do you have any BH2 builds you can post pictures of?
No Bh2 builds posted by anyone yet, it's mostly bh4 and bh7.

Thanks!

You'd need to know the measurement of the BH2 bottom section - I don't currently - to know if a HDD tipped on its side would even fit. If it does, you could make a bracket to hold a few drives in place out of an aluminum sheet easy enough. /shrug
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjordiales View Post

Update... All the cables I need plugged...


If there is ever a case to do custom length cables, this is it . . . damn. I didn't want to have to do that myself on my build.
post #1630 of 2687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear907 View Post

You'd need to know the measurement of the BH2 bottom section - I don't currently - to know if a HDD tipped on its side would even fit. If it does, you could make a bracket to hold a few drives in place out of an aluminum sheet easy enough. /shrug
If there is ever a case to do custom length cables, this is it . . . damn. I didn't want to have to do that myself on my build.

Had to show it so potential customers of this gorgeous case can have an idea to plan ahead.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Labs
Overclock.net › Forums › Hardware Vendors › Case Labs › Something Small (and Wicked) This Way Comes...