Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Crossover 27V & 27100Q & 27 Fast 144]: 27" Matte 60, 100 & 144hz 1440p AHVA with Free-Sync
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Crossover 27V & 27100Q & 27 Fast 144]: 27" Matte 60, 100 & 144hz 1440p AHVA with Free-Sync - Page 15

post #141 of 379
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by raStaN View Post

I need some feedback about color reproduction quality of these new line of AHVA panels. Can they compete with IPS panels in this department?

These have more accurate color presets than most monitors, and AHVA panels tend to offer more neutral color presentation than IPS/PLS since they usually suffer from slight color over-saturation after calibration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthehawks View Post

These screens use 100% Adobe RGB colour gamut and still offer 75 FPS for your gaming lite needs. It won't come with freesync I don't think, but piece is the same. Also I think they are true IPS so colour reproduction may be a little truer.

Wide gamut Korean monitors (Adobe RGB) don't have sRGB modes which prevents one from being able to display colors without severe over-saturation if not used with programs which support color management like Photoshop. Wide gamut panels also suffer from far more white glow when displaying dark content which makes them poor choices for non-professional use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post

Hello, I want to purchase the Dell U2515h or this monitor but I don't know if it will work connected to a laptop through HDMI. 60hz will be enough for now if it will work.
What do you guys think?

Both might be a bad choice if the laptops HDMI resolution is capped at 1920x1200 (check the manual in the box or look online). The Dell is definitely a better choice for 60hz use if the laptop can't use Free-Sync or the 75/144hz refresh rate, and because they Dell has a proper warranty and can be easily returned and exchanged.
Edited by MenacingTuba - 7/11/16 at 7:53am
Dr. Tesla
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Patriot Viper 3 Series, Sapphire Blue Edition D... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate X-Star DP2710 Glossy Qnix QX2710 Matte 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Viewsonic VP2780-4K HP 25er Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec HCP 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-P80 Razer Lachesis Roccat Sense Glacier Blue Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee 
Audio
Essence HDACC 
  hide details  
Reply
Dr. Tesla
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Patriot Viper 3 Series, Sapphire Blue Edition D... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate X-Star DP2710 Glossy Qnix QX2710 Matte 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Viewsonic VP2780-4K HP 25er Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec HCP 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-P80 Razer Lachesis Roccat Sense Glacier Blue Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee 
Audio
Essence HDACC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #142 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliosuzyblue View Post

Price wise I would go with the crossover. Its a larger screen and the higher refresh rate can be used in the future if you would want it. The dell costs more with a smaller panel size and a 60hz refresh. The only thing that the dell has over the crossover is the aesthetically pleasing micro bezel, tilt/rotation and customer support in my opinion. I dont have a dell to test but I would also expect the color accuracy to be a tad more accurate than the crossover since it is listed as a professional monitor. It all depends what youre really aiming for.

Yeah, I think that the Crossover is a better deal but the thing I fear about the Dell is the display size and resolution ratio. I fear that the text may be a tad too small but I'm not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenacingTuba View Post

Both might be a bad choice if the laptops HDMI resolution is capped at 1920x1200 (check the manual in the box or look online). The Dell is definitely a better choice for 60hz use if the laptop can't use Free-Sync or the 75/144hz refresh rate, and because they Dell has a proper warranty and can be easily returned and exchanged.

I figured out that I can make a custom resolution and force the GPU to display 2560x1440 through HDMI. I just wanted the Crossover because of its bigger display size so that the text wont be as cramped as on the Dell. That is my main fear.
post #143 of 379
before purchasing the crossover I had a 25in asus 1440 display. Without scaling to 125% text is very small. Its a good thing windows 10 has great scaling so reading text shouldnt be a problem. It just gets a bit tedious that you would have to go into compatibility and check "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" for almost every single program.
post #144 of 379
Hi, I made an account just to ask this question lol.

So I contacted green-sum and apparently the 144hz version of this monitor does not have G-sync, only freesync, and only the 27V IPS 75hz model have G-sync/Freesync.

I have an Nvidia card, and I was wondering if 75hz would be better with G-sync or the 144hz without G-sync.

I currently have the BenQ XL2420T and have never had an IPS panel monitor before. I bought this monitor for the fast refresh rate and response time but I didn't expect the picture quality to be like this. I was pretty disappointed to say the least. So I told myself that next time I'll buy a monitor, I'll buy an IPS with low input lag, and fast response time . But at the time, there were no such thing. So I just stuck with my BenQ.

I heard that IPS panels have better picture quality than TN panels.

I was looking on Youtube for the crossover and someone told me that I might as well get the Dell S2716DG 27-inch G-SYNC Gaming Monitor since it would be way better, but it's a TN panel.

I was leaning onto buying the 27V IPS then I saw the 144hz then someone mentioned the Dell. Now I'm confused. Help?

I play games like BF4, Battlefront, CS:GO, CS:1.6, League of Legends, etc.

Fast response time and low input lag is important to me, but so is the picture quality, and the price. My range is ~$500 but the cheaper the better.

Is it worth spending extra for the 144hz even though it doesn't have G-sync? What about the Dell?
Edited by Donski - 7/11/16 at 9:15pm
post #145 of 379
A TN panel is OK picture quality viewing angles are not nice at all though. But since you are primarily gaming, then yes, 144hz 1ms with the smoothest (non tear) would be best and thus a monitor equipped with gsync should be considered. Im using the 27v with two 780s and I don't believe it has g sync, only freesync. Though I don't notice because my frames never dip below 70. The dell sounds like a good deal except that price compared to what you could get is a little high. 144 hz only really works to top perf in gaming with gsync because 144 fps is quite hard to put out in alot of intensive games. In the end of the day this is a case of shelling out more money for more features. The best of BOTH worlds is the 144hz crossover even though it doesnt have gsync you still get the high refresh and awesome picture quality.
post #146 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliosuzyblue View Post

A TN panel is OK picture quality viewing angles are not nice at all though. But since you are primarily gaming, then yes, 144hz 1ms with the smoothest (non tear) would be best and thus a monitor equipped with gsync should be considered. Im using the 27v with two 780s and I don't believe it has g sync, only freesync. Though I don't notice because my frames never dip below 70. The dell sounds like a good deal except that price compared to what you could get is a little high. 144 hz only really works to top perf in gaming with gsync because 144 fps is quite hard to put out in alot of intensive games. In the end of the day this is a case of shelling out more money for more features. The best of BOTH worlds is the 144hz crossover even though it doesnt have gsync you still get the high refresh and awesome picture quality.


I only have one GTX 980, so I don't think I can take full advantage of G-sync at 144hz then. Especially at higher resolution. Well, that's minus ~$100. phew.. lol

Is the 27V IPS overclockable? I heard the 2795QHD can reach upto 96hz. Aren't they basically the same but the 27V IPS just newer version? Idk actually. If so, then maybe I can save another ~$100 by getting that one, since I don't think I'll be running that many games over 96 fps with 1440p, + G-sync.


PS. The 75hz 27V IPS does have G-sync, according to green-sum anyway, because that was the first thing I asked, and they said yes biggrin.gif



"green-sum:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

G-Sync is only for Nvidia and Freesync is only for AMD. Depending on which graphics card you have and if it has those features, it will support it.

Most of the major technical specs are the same. The only major difference between the two is that the Fast has a higher refresh rate.

Thank you.


Your previous message

Hello,

Does the Crossover 27V IPS DP Freedom 27" 75hz monitor have G-sync? One of the images included says 75hz G-sync only by Nvidia, and I wanted to confirm. It also says Freesync support, so I am a bit confused.

Also, the 144hz FAST version, what are the differences except for the faster refresh rate? "
post #147 of 379
According to the crossover website the 27v only comes with freesync. It does include nvidia overclock to 75hz but there is no option in the options menu for gsync and it is not active in the nvidia control panel (I run a 970 with mine). Although free sum is the official dealer I believe, he has given ironeous info in the past. Also the nvidia gsync function requires dedicated PCB to enable it and this is not present in the 27V. If you definitely want gsync I would look elsewhere. Otherwise this is an excellent monitor and with your 980 I would doh t you will get any tearing. So far with my 970 I have not had any running whicher 3 or star citizen on max resolution. Both are heavy games so FPS is about 40-50 Most of the time but has dropped to 32 running valley benchmark in 1440 on max settings.
post #148 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthehawks View Post

According to the crossover website the 27v only comes with freesync. It does include nvidia overclock to 75hz but there is no option in the options menu for gsync and it is not active in the nvidia control panel (I run a 970 with mine). Although free sum is the official dealer I believe, he has given ironeous info in the past. Also the nvidia gsync function requires dedicated PCB to enable it and this is not present in the 27V. If you definitely want gsync I would look elsewhere. Otherwise this is an excellent monitor and with your 980 I would doh t you will get any tearing. So far with my 970 I have not had any running whicher 3 or star citizen on max resolution. Both are heavy games so FPS is about 40-50 Most of the time but has dropped to 32 running valley benchmark in 1440 on max settings.

Ahh, I understand. Maybe I won't really even need G-sync, I've never really tried it before so I was just curious. Are the games smoother with G-sync? or will it matter if a monitor can handle 144hz?

I heard the Dell has really good colors comparable to IPS but I saw this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79r5rxS276Y

I can see that even though the TN 8-bit pannel does have great colors, it's still not as good as the IPS.

Though I'm still wondering whether the 1ms to 5ms response time will be that noticeable as I've grown accustomed to my BenQ XL2420T which has 1ms response time.

If they were the same price, which would you pick? Maybe I'll just go with the popular choice? lol
Edited by Donski - 7/14/16 at 4:10pm
post #149 of 379
Questions about the 27 fast 144 for those who have it.

Is the screen glossy, matte, or semi-matte? I absolutely hate matte screens, i'm currently using a glossy qnix 2710, and it looks phenomenal, but even at 100hz it has bad motion blur.

also to the guy who said he was going to post pictures of the 27 fast, where are they? tongue.gif

Also, the new generation of Freesync is out, with monitors that do 40-144hz or 23-144hz, so is the 27 Fast even worth it at this point for the high price it currently is? thanks!
Thirds
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700x Asus Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ G. Skill Trident Z RGB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 960 Evo NZXT Kraken X42 Windows 10 Pro Qnix 2710  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
RK 920 Corsair RMx 750 NZXT Noctis 450 ROG Razer Diamondback RGB 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM200 Sennheiser HD-650 
  hide details  
Reply
Thirds
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700x Asus Crosshair VI Hero Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ G. Skill Trident Z RGB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 960 Evo NZXT Kraken X42 Windows 10 Pro Qnix 2710  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
RK 920 Corsair RMx 750 NZXT Noctis 450 ROG Razer Diamondback RGB 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM200 Sennheiser HD-650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #150 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegetarianEater View Post

Questions about the 27 fast 144 for those who have it.

Is the screen glossy, matte, or semi-matte? I absolutely hate matte screens, i'm currently using a glossy qnix 2710, and it looks phenomenal, but even at 100hz it has bad motion blur.

also to the guy who said he was going to post pictures of the 27 fast, where are they? tongue.gif

Also, the new generation of Freesync is out, with monitors that do 40-144hz or 23-144hz, so is the 27 Fast even worth it at this point for the high price it currently is? thanks!

Hmm, How bad is the motion blur? Is it because of the response time?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › [Crossover 27V & 27100Q & 27 Fast 144]: 27" Matte 60, 100 & 144hz 1440p AHVA with Free-Sync