Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Noctua Fan Color "Beige and Brown" » Change the color? Yup!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noctua Fan Color "Beige and Brown" » Change the color? Yup! - Page 3

post #21 of 61
No, I did not.
I quoted post #12 in which Laithan posted A14 with as 1200rpm & 1.51mm H2O. That is A14 specificaton with LNA being used.

Meow, get your specs right meow. tongue.gif
post #22 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroCat View Post

You stated it was the A14. The 1200rpm model is the A15. Get your numbers and ducks in line or expect some catty remarks. Meow. tongue.gif



Edited by Laithan - 3/31/16 at 7:20pm
post #23 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

No, I did not.
I quoted post #12 in which Laithan posted A14 with as 1200rpm & 1.51mm H2O. That is A14 specificaton with LNA being used.

Meow, get your specs right meow. tongue.gif

I'm a cat. Don't use specs. I have staff, like you, for that. tongue.gif

Why use an A14 FLX case fan on a rad? That's just silly. Oh...wait...I'll just slink back to my kitty lair.
post #24 of 61
I have a few NF-A14 PWM fans which I got for $15 each when the PWM version was new (would not buy for $20+), but today there's other 140mm square options such as EK Vardar / Noiseblocker eloop B14-PS and B14-3 / Phanteks PH-F140MP that are less brown and perform similarly if not better

Unless you run your Noctuas at below 600 rpm (the PWM ones have 300RPM lower limit) the difference is minimal but the cost savings is immense. Then again if you buy a Phanteks PWM fan you can use the resistor.
Edited by AlphaC - 3/19/16 at 5:01pm
post #25 of 61
Thread Starter 
I just figured I'd give an update. I've been running the dyed fans for a couple weeks now. The RPMs are showing between 1230rpm and 1250rpm according to my motherboard PWM header. They all start/stop together. I'll periodically update the thread with the status. I really think they will run just fine forever but we'll see redface.gif

tongue.gif
post #26 of 61
Thread Starter 
Another month later, all fans are working just fine. I also visually watch them when they start up and stop and they are all starting and stopping at the same time. There's no sign of any damage from the dye process that I can see. I'll update in another month or so to keep folks in the loop.
post #27 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laithan View Post

Another month later, all fans are working just fine. I also visually watch them when they start up and stop and they are all starting and stopping at the same time. There's no sign of any damage from the dye process that I can see. I'll update in another month or so to keep folks in the loop.

Great work the ghetto black / navy blue notua range thumb.gif

I can not seem to upload image on this thread strange
post #28 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by harney View Post

Great work the ghetto black / navy blue notua range thumb.gif

I can not seem to upload image on this thread strange
Should be able to upload an image now. There is a upload image bug randomly causing problems mostly between 0700-1400 GMT
post #29 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyll View Post

Should be able to upload an image now. There is a upload image bug randomly causing problems mostly between 0700-1400 GMT

What a strange timed bug smile.gif

Thx for letting me know
post #30 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by harney View Post

Great work the ghetto black / navy blue notua range thumb.gif

I can not seem to upload image on this thread strange

Did you try it? Would love to see results.

I made some mistakes in not using enough dye on mine but when you use enough they come out real nice. I should have used black dye also but I originally want to get a blue color since I had some blue in my case.

Fans are still working like a champ here. No RPM loss.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Noctua Fan Color "Beige and Brown" » Change the color? Yup!