Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum announced
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum announced - Page 170

post #1691 of 2272
@Aymanb - Thanks! I returned my first G900. So technically, I dropped cash on (1) G900. The 2nd one is completely different than the first one that I bought. As for the GTX 1080, I sold my PS4 for $200 so the dent on my wallet wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, I got one that was DOA (oh my goodness).
post #1692 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by VESPA5 View Post

@Aymanb - Thanks! I returned my first G900. So technically, I dropped cash on (1) G900. The 2nd one is completely different than the first one that I bought. As for the GTX 1080, I sold my PS4 for $200 so the dent on my wallet wasn't too bad. Unfortunately, I got one that was DOA (oh my goodness).

Haha, unlucky. What is different between the G900s? that doesn't sound very good when looking at that price. Did they just fix some issues with a second batch?
post #1693 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aymanb View Post

Haha, unlucky. What is different between the G900s? that doesn't sound very good when looking at that price. Did they just fix some issues with a second batch?
Well, initially, I started spinning out with my first G900. I posted this earlier on this thread and people thought I was crazy. But even on a full charge and the wireless USB dongle no farther than a foot away from the mouse, it just spun out randomly. I ended up going wired with it and just gave up and returned it. I'd say my second G900 is working "as advertised". I'm pretty impressed, to be honest. It also helps that this thing has a PMW 3366 sensor too thumb.gif
post #1694 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by VESPA5 View Post

Well, initially, I started spinning out with my first G900. I posted this earlier on this thread and people thought I was crazy. But even on a full charge and the wireless USB dongle no farther than a foot away from the mouse, it just spun out randomly. I ended up going wired with it and just gave up and returned it. I'd say my second G900 is working "as advertised". I'm pretty impressed, to be honest. It also helps that this thing has a PMW 3366 sensor too thumb.gif

That just sounds like a straight up faulty mouse. Glad it's solved none the less wink.gif
post #1695 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by VESPA5 View Post

I'm pretty impressed, to be honest. It also helps that this thing has a PMW 3366 sensor too thumb.gif

Think that is what makes this Mouse truly Great having that sensor inside.

If it had any other sensor, it would in truth die a sad and lonely death in the 2 Dollar Specials Bin, where no one would care it had ever existed.
post #1696 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrick View Post

Think that is what makes this Mouse truly Great having that sensor inside.

If it had any other sensor, it would in truth die a sad and lonely death in the 2 Dollar Specials Bin, where no one would care it had ever existed.

Coming from a g502, I have owned my G900 for a week now... and the sensor definitely makes both mice great, but the ergonomic design completes the package and makes the G900 rise over in excellence. If Logitech made a wired only version, the G502 would be killed off.
post #1697 of 2272
I think companies need to be careful about making competing product lines that can kill off their own products unless they EOL it themselves. A wired G900 would kill off the G502 or G303. The G303 already improves over the tilt to the left heavy g502, and the G900 is even harder to tilt than the G303 ! It's such a stable mouse!
Edited by Falkentyne - 6/18/16 at 8:49pm
SB Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD5 B3 R9 290X 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, 250gb Liteon ihbs212 blu-ray burner/reader XP+W7 Benq XL2720Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 69/Year of the Goat/Shine 5 Seasonic Platinum X1000 Corsair 760T Logitech G502 with r0ach approved ™ sensor 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
SB Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD5 B3 R9 290X 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 2 TB, WD 1 TB, 250gb Liteon ihbs212 blu-ray burner/reader XP+W7 Benq XL2720Z 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 69/Year of the Goat/Shine 5 Seasonic Platinum X1000 Corsair 760T Logitech G502 with r0ach approved ™ sensor 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1698 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post

I think companies need to be careful about making competing product lines that can kill off their own products unless they EOL it themselves. A wired G900 would kill off the G502 or G303. The G303 already improves over the tilt to the left heavy g502, and the G900 is even harder to tilt than the G303 ! It's such a stable mouse!
I agree. One of the reasons Logitech spent so much R&D money and resources on the G900 is to jump into a market that has taken a back seat in gaming after all these years: wireless mice. I personally think the mouse isn't heavy at all (the G502 is on the heavy side and that's withOUT the additional weights!).

I never found the wire of mice to be a nuisance. You sorta just get used to it or buy a cheap bungee to deal with it. Plus you can't go wrong with a ton of wired mice currently in the market.

I've played a ton of hours of Battlefield 4 with my G900 (wireless) that I don't think I'd ever want to play wired again. Coming from someone who has used a DeathAdder for years, this mouse is actually more responsive (and snappier) in wireless mode than my trusty DA!thumb.gif
post #1699 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post

I think companies need to be careful about making competing product lines that can kill off their own products unless they EOL it themselves. A wired G900 would kill off the G502 or G303. The G303 already improves over the tilt to the left heavy g502, and the G900 is even harder to tilt than the G303 ! It's such a stable mouse!

I think companies shouldn't release poorly designed edgy products in the first place. Especially when said company paid for exclusive rights to the latest and greatest sensor for a long time period. A wired G900 or a similar "safe" shaped mouse released on the day the G502 was pooped out would have killed off most of the entire mouse market. The tidal wave of 3360 mice that are releasing soon from competitors would all be mostly ignored.
post #1700 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

The tidal wave of 3360 mice that are releasing soon from competitors would all be mostly ignored.

NO, not here on OCN Central teaching.gif .

Each mouse with a 3360 sensor installed inside it, will be thoroughly tested and examined by our resident Mouse Experts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum announced