Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › "You Gotta Play This Game Bruh" Thread. (We are back bruhs!!!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"You Gotta Play This Game Bruh" Thread. (We are back bruhs!!!) - Page 9

post #81 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDash View Post

I recommend Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil HD. These games are fun, challenging, and scary/intense if you've never played them before. Game makes you think because item management, reserving bullets, puzzles, etc.

+1 from me. Bought both on Steam and played through them multiple times. I already owned them on Gamecube.

If you can then go with the PC/Steam version. It runs at 60fps compared to the PS4/Xbox Ones 30fps.

One of the best horror games ever made. Resident Evil HD Remake is probably my second favorite Horror game after Silent Hill 2.

Resident Evil 0 gets a lot of a hate, but it is still amazing.

The game has amazing atmosphere and the graphics still hold up very well and immerse you into the game quite well.

Playing Resident Evil games for the first time ever is a very special experience. When I was young and played the very first Resident Evil for the PS1 for the first time I didn't dare to leave the safe rooms out of fear of dying. Very special and dear to my heart and I loved them ever since.

I am glad they are remaking 2 aswell.

I highly recommend everyone to check those 2 games out. They are miles ahead of modern horror and modern Resident Evil games. thumb.gif
current rig
(4 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsGraphicsKeyboard
2500k R9 290X Tri-X GTX 680 Filco Majestouch 2 Brown Ninja 
  hide details  
Reply
current rig
(4 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsGraphicsKeyboard
2500k R9 290X Tri-X GTX 680 Filco Majestouch 2 Brown Ninja 
  hide details  
Reply
post #82 of 544
Torchlight
Torchlight 2
Titan Quest + Immortal Throne
Ryzen system
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x GSkill Trident Z RGB  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital Blue AMD Wraith Spire Thermalright TY-143 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
Dell U2515H Tecware Phantom Cooler Master V750 Logitech G402 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer ExactMat X control Superlux HD681 Evo Edifier XM6BT 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen system
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x GSkill Trident Z RGB  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Western Digital Blue AMD Wraith Spire Thermalright TY-143 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
Dell U2515H Tecware Phantom Cooler Master V750 Logitech G402 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer ExactMat X control Superlux HD681 Evo Edifier XM6BT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #83 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post


I highly recommend everyone to check those 2 games out. They are miles ahead of modern horror

I'd wager you never played any horror game from Frictional Games. They are a very different style of horror, but I feel not many people would call Resident Evil HD remake much less Zero "miles ahead" of SOMA, Penumbra, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, which all offer so much more whether or not you like them.

Resident Evil Zero's atmosphere is forgettable and the HD remake of the original is just the much better game. Both succeed at survival horror exclusively; trapping you in a weird place (weird and pretty cool in HD remake, less weird and less cool in Zero) and releasing powerful monsters upon the player, giving the player only enough resources to get through the game without feeling powerful. This is indeed something most modern horror games fail at, like Dead Space and the newer Resident Evil games.

Penumbra: Black Plague, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and SOMA are far more intense from a survival horror perspective. The player will feel even more helpless and more burdened. The environment itself is somewhat against you; darkness for one is actually a factor, as both Penumbra and Amnesia have limited light sources.

Monster encounters appear far more threatening especially due to the lack of combat, and SOMA takes this to another level by making almost every single enemy encounter have a completely unique monster with its own distinct behavior. Plus it's simpler to shoot things in Resident Evil than it is to advance through the gameplay of these games.

But then Penumbra and SOMA have a lot more going for them than just monster survival. As far as atmosphere goes, all three of them are far more interactive than any Resident Evil game, a staple of PC gaming. You can interact with almost everything in the environment, which comes into play during monster encounters (setting up distractions for example). All three of them use this interaction to add to its storytelling, SOMA doing this the most although the aforementioned Anna: Extended Edition is perhaps the best example of this in the horror genre. I'll also mention Doorways, especially the first chapter, does a very good job at this as well.

But Penumbra and SOMA in particular have so many more layers thanks to their story, something Resident Evil doesn't really focus on. Whether it's Penumbra's existentialism and its Lovecraftian final antagonist or its excellent character development, its unforgettable antagonist named Clarence in Black Plague and his dialogues (even though the game technically has a silent protagonist, I say dialogue because you will talk back to him), the frantic pace of the story that just never lets up, Penumbra's story and writing quality just add so much additional dread as it keeps getting darker the more you play, and this dread lurks over you even after completion.

Then there is SOMA's story which remains thoughtfully philosophical at every turn, asking big questions and not just throwing answers at you. Although what's most impressive is its ability to ask these questions through its gameplay. Integrating storytelling with gameplay is something PC games always did best (did it start with Myst?), and it's something console games still can't do. I won't spoil either of these stories though, I'd happily discuss more (about horror games in general or specific horror games) via PM.

Government created zombie viruses and related creatures in a mansion and train are video game and movie stuff, but these games are a lot more. So is Silent Hill 2 which you mentioned as your favorite horror game, although Silent Hill 2 has a lot of horrible dialogue and arguably wastes too much time with many of its gameplay segments.
Edited by boredgunner - 3/25/16 at 6:23pm
 
Legacy Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 8700k Delidded @ 5.0 GHz, 4.5 GHz... ASUS Maximus X Hero Z370 Wi-Fi AC Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Phoenix MLC 360mm 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Vardar EVO 120ER x3 (bottom intake) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB270HU w/ Ideal Lume Standard Bi... Wooting One "Analog" Mechanical Keyboard (Red F... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic PRIME Titanium 650W w/ Ensourced custo... Lian-Li PC-O11WX Logitech G Pro Kingston HyperX Fury Pro XL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Yamaha RX-V579 Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Fluance XL7C 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fluance AVBP2 Gustard U12 Chord Mojo Blue Yeti w/ Pop Filter 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Advanced Pack CODE 87-key Keyboard (Cherry MX Green) w/ Vorte... Ducky Pocket Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Blue) THRUSTMASTER T16000M FCS Flight Stick 
OtherOtherOther
Furman M-8X2 (x2) AmazonBasics 7-port Powered USB 3.0 Hub Alfa Long-Range Dual-Band AC1200 Wireless USB 3... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6 GHz XFX nForce 680i LT XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+ 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA e-GeForce 9800GX2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 dual PCB OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 Intel 330 Series 180GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Thermalright Venomous-X Delta AFC1212D-PWM Silverstone AP141 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron IPS235 Ducky Shine DK9087 Shine 2 (Cherry MX Red, gree... EVGA G2 850W Lian-Li PC-7HX 
MouseAudio
Mionix Castor Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty P... 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Legacy Build
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 8700k Delidded @ 5.0 GHz, 4.5 GHz... ASUS Maximus X Hero Z370 Wi-Fi AC Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB EK Phoenix MLC 360mm 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Vardar EVO 120ER x3 (bottom intake) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB270HU w/ Ideal Lume Standard Bi... Wooting One "Analog" Mechanical Keyboard (Red F... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic PRIME Titanium 650W w/ Ensourced custo... Lian-Li PC-O11WX Logitech G Pro Kingston HyperX Fury Pro XL 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Yamaha RX-V579 Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE Fluance XL7C 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fluance AVBP2 Gustard U12 Chord Mojo Blue Yeti w/ Pop Filter 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Advanced Pack CODE 87-key Keyboard (Cherry MX Green) w/ Vorte... Ducky Pocket Mechanical Keyboard (Cherry MX Blue) THRUSTMASTER T16000M FCS Flight Stick 
OtherOtherOther
Furman M-8X2 (x2) AmazonBasics 7-port Powered USB 3.0 Hub Alfa Long-Range Dual-Band AC1200 Wireless USB 3... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 @ 3.6 GHz XFX nForce 680i LT XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra EVGA e-GeForce 9800GTX+ 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA e-GeForce 9800GX2 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 dual PCB OCZ Reaper 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 Intel 330 Series 180GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Thermalright Venomous-X Delta AFC1212D-PWM Silverstone AP141 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG Flatron IPS235 Ducky Shine DK9087 Shine 2 (Cherry MX Red, gree... EVGA G2 850W Lian-Li PC-7HX 
MouseAudio
Mionix Castor Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty P... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #84 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

+1 from me. Bought both on Steam and played through them multiple times. I already owned them on Gamecube.

If you can then go with the PC/Steam version. It runs at 60fps compared to the PS4/Xbox Ones 30fps.

One of the best horror games ever made. Resident Evil HD Remake is probably my second favorite Horror game after Silent Hill 2.

Resident Evil 0 gets a lot of a hate, but it is still amazing.

The game has amazing atmosphere and the graphics still hold up very well and immerse you into the game quite well.

Playing Resident Evil games for the first time ever is a very special experience. When I was young and played the very first Resident Evil for the PS1 for the first time I didn't dare to leave the safe rooms out of fear of dying. Very special and dear to my heart and I loved them ever since.

I am glad they are remaking 2 aswell.

I highly recommend everyone to check those 2 games out. They are miles ahead of modern horror and modern Resident Evil games. thumb.gif

Yeah I could think of a million games to recommend but I thought RE was the most deserving because the PC crowd really hasn't had enough exposure to the Resident Evil series. If they have it's typically the more modern games which even though i love them, aren't even the same style.
1440P Extreme.
(17 items)
 
Now the wifes PC.
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 3930K @ 4.4ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2011 EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G,skill Ripjaw Z series 2400 32gb Samsung 840 Pro Seagate 3TB 7200 RPM  Western Digital mainstream 3TB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro LG Bluray Burner Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Monoprice 27" 2560x1440 IPS LED Razer Black Widow Tournament Edition Corsair RM1000 CoolerMaster Storm Trooper 
Other
EVGA SLI Bridge 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7 870 @ 3.6 ghz ASUS P7P55D-E Pro EVGA 680 GTX 4gb EVGA 680 GTX 4gb 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR3 Samsung 830 128 GB SSD, WD 2TB 7200 RPM LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner Windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G24, 24" 1920x1200 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Antec TruePower 750 COOLER MASTER Storm Scout 
MouseMouse Pad
Rat7 Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
1440P Extreme.
(17 items)
 
Now the wifes PC.
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 3930K @ 4.4ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2011 EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G,skill Ripjaw Z series 2400 32gb Samsung 840 Pro Seagate 3TB 7200 RPM  Western Digital mainstream 3TB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro LG Bluray Burner Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Monoprice 27" 2560x1440 IPS LED Razer Black Widow Tournament Edition Corsair RM1000 CoolerMaster Storm Trooper 
Other
EVGA SLI Bridge 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7 870 @ 3.6 ghz ASUS P7P55D-E Pro EVGA 680 GTX 4gb EVGA 680 GTX 4gb 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR3 Samsung 830 128 GB SSD, WD 2TB 7200 RPM LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner Windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G24, 24" 1920x1200 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Antec TruePower 750 COOLER MASTER Storm Scout 
MouseMouse Pad
Rat7 Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #85 of 544
I recommend any Ubiosft title.
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #86 of 544
Sword of the Samurai on a 386 machine and Perfect Dark on the good old N64.
The New Recruit
(17 items)
 
An Old Soldier
(20 items)
 
Big Mama
(23 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K@4.2 P8Z68-V GEN3 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120 Gb WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master 212 EVO Windows 10 BenQ XL2730Z Maxkeyboard Nighthawk x9 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT Hale82 750w  Corsair Carbide 400R Logitech G502 Proteus Core HIEN SOFT L Japan black | SAMURAI gaming mouse ... 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD Pc 363d Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 BT epson wf 3540 
  hide details  
Reply
The New Recruit
(17 items)
 
An Old Soldier
(20 items)
 
Big Mama
(23 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570K@4.2 P8Z68-V GEN3 MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 120 Gb WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master 212 EVO Windows 10 BenQ XL2730Z Maxkeyboard Nighthawk x9 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT Hale82 750w  Corsair Carbide 400R Logitech G502 Proteus Core HIEN SOFT L Japan black | SAMURAI gaming mouse ... 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD Pc 363d Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 BT epson wf 3540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #87 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

I recommend any Ubiosft title.

And also E.T., and Superman 64, and the Slaughtering Ground, and Ride to Hell: Retribution, and.....LOL.



Serious example - Onimusha, which was basically Resident Evil but with Samurais. A little dated but still cool.
post #88 of 544
i'm doing a drive by to give a thumbs up on bioshock 2 recommendation

have no idea why but i got heavily invested in the game; like smiling everytime i saved a girl because it felt i did good.

weird.
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
loon 3.2
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asus P8Z77-V Pro EVGA 980TI SC+ 16Gb PNY ddr3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb 1 TB Seagate 3 TB WD Blue DVD DVDRW+/- 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EKWB P280 kit EK-VGA supremacy Win X LG 24MC57HQ-P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Zero [blues] EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 Stryker M [hammered and drilled] corsair M65 
AudioAudio
SB Recon3D Klipsch ProMedia 2.1  
  hide details  
Reply
post #89 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredgunner View Post

I'd wager you never played any horror game from Frictional Games. They are a very different style of horror, but I feel not many people would call Resident Evil HD remake much less Zero "miles ahead" of SOMA, Penumbra, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, which all offer so much more whether or not you like them.

Resident Evil Zero's atmosphere is forgettable and the HD remake of the original is just the much better game. Both succeed at survival horror exclusively; trapping you in a weird place (weird and pretty cool in HD remake, less weird and less cool in Zero) and releasing powerful monsters upon the player, giving the player only enough resources to get through the game without feeling powerful. This is indeed something most modern horror games fail at, like Dead Space and the newer Resident Evil games.

Penumbra: Black Plague, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, and SOMA are far more intense from a survival horror perspective. The player will feel even more helpless and more burdened. The environment itself is somewhat against you; darkness for one is actually a factor, as both Penumbra and Amnesia have limited light sources.

Monster encounters appear far more threatening especially due to the lack of combat, and SOMA takes this to another level by making almost every single enemy encounter have a completely unique monster with its own distinct behavior. Plus it's simpler to shoot things in Resident Evil than it is to advance through the gameplay of these games.

But then Penumbra and SOMA have a lot more going for them than just monster survival. As far as atmosphere goes, all three of them are far more interactive than any Resident Evil game, a staple of PC gaming. You can interact with almost everything in the environment, which comes into play during monster encounters (setting up distractions for example). All three of them use this interaction to add to its storytelling, SOMA doing this the most although the aforementioned Anna: Extended Edition is perhaps the best example of this in the horror genre. I'll also mention Doorways, especially the first chapter, does a very good job at this as well.

But Penumbra and SOMA in particular have so many more layers thanks to their story, something Resident Evil doesn't really focus on. Whether it's Penumbra's existentialism and its Lovecraftian final antagonist or its excellent character development, its unforgettable antagonist named Clarence in Black Plague and his dialogues (even though the game technically has a silent protagonist, I say dialogue because you will talk back to him), the frantic pace of the story that just never lets up, Penumbra's story and writing quality just add so much additional dread as it keeps getting darker the more you play, and this dread lurks over you even after completion.

Then there is SOMA's story which remains thoughtfully philosophical at every turn, asking big questions and not just throwing answers at you. Although what's most impressive is its ability to ask these questions through its gameplay. Integrating storytelling with gameplay is something PC games always did best (did it start with Myst?), and it's something console games still can't do. I won't spoil either of these stories though, I'd happily discuss more (about horror games in general or specific horror games) via PM.

Government created zombie viruses and related creatures in a mansion and train are video game and movie stuff, but these games are a lot more. So is Silent Hill 2 which you mentioned as your favorite horror game, although Silent Hill 2 has a lot of horrible dialogue and arguably wastes too much time with many of its gameplay segments.

Nothing against those games but they are a completely different style than Resident Evil. Doesn't mean one is better than the other but I think they co-exist quite well. I actually don't like the Resident Evil series because it's horror TBH, it's just a good time, and I love the campy B-movie feel to it. Probably why RE1 (PSX) is still my favorite to this day.
1440P Extreme.
(17 items)
 
Now the wifes PC.
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 3930K @ 4.4ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2011 EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G,skill Ripjaw Z series 2400 32gb Samsung 840 Pro Seagate 3TB 7200 RPM  Western Digital mainstream 3TB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro LG Bluray Burner Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Monoprice 27" 2560x1440 IPS LED Razer Black Widow Tournament Edition Corsair RM1000 CoolerMaster Storm Trooper 
Other
EVGA SLI Bridge 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7 870 @ 3.6 ghz ASUS P7P55D-E Pro EVGA 680 GTX 4gb EVGA 680 GTX 4gb 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR3 Samsung 830 128 GB SSD, WD 2TB 7200 RPM LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner Windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G24, 24" 1920x1200 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Antec TruePower 750 COOLER MASTER Storm Scout 
MouseMouse Pad
Rat7 Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
1440P Extreme.
(17 items)
 
Now the wifes PC.
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 3930K @ 4.4ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2011 EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB FTW 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G,skill Ripjaw Z series 2400 32gb Samsung 840 Pro Seagate 3TB 7200 RPM  Western Digital mainstream 3TB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro LG Bluray Burner Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Monoprice 27" 2560x1440 IPS LED Razer Black Widow Tournament Edition Corsair RM1000 CoolerMaster Storm Trooper 
Other
EVGA SLI Bridge 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel I7 870 @ 3.6 ghz ASUS P7P55D-E Pro EVGA 680 GTX 4gb EVGA 680 GTX 4gb 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR3 Samsung 830 128 GB SSD, WD 2TB 7200 RPM LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner Windows 7 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer G24, 24" 1920x1200 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Antec TruePower 750 COOLER MASTER Storm Scout 
MouseMouse Pad
Rat7 Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #90 of 544
Having a blast playing Black Desert Online.

Though I should give it a little context, its a great game for an uni student that cant focus on games at the moment, but still be able to build your character in other areas, which is what I can appreciate right now
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930mx 3.5Ghz .97v AW17 Ranger 780m 1006c/2800m 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB Seagate SSHD 
OSMonitorPowerMouse
Windows 10 x64 Pro 17" 1080p120hz TrueColor  330w Delta  G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Audio
SHP9500 w/ HM5 pads & MM4 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930mx 3.5Ghz .97v AW17 Ranger 780m 1006c/2800m 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB Seagate SSHD 
OSMonitorPowerMouse
Windows 10 x64 Pro 17" 1080p120hz TrueColor  330w Delta  G502 Proteus Spectrum 
Audio
SHP9500 w/ HM5 pads & MM4 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › "You Gotta Play This Game Bruh" Thread. (We are back bruhs!!!)