Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › This is Project F.A.I.T.H. and the history of Tisser *lots of pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

This is Project F.A.I.T.H. and the history of Tisser *lots of pictures - Page 13

post #121 of 164
sweet setup. DUde i honestly advise getting this block and tossing it on your card.http://www.ebay.com/itm/401046345411?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT i just got mine in and am running 1ghz full loading at 51 c on the core. Its insane for 16 dollars and free ship. Quality isnt bad at all either. And its universal so it will work an every gpu you get down the road.
fx8350
(6 items)
 
x58 fun
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
fx8350 @ 4.7 1.38 asus m5a97 r2.0 le modded with vrm heatsinks GTX 480 X2 @ 900/2000 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveCooling
some off brand ssd  custom loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
w3520@ 4.5 p6t deluxe v2 6970 x2 @ 950 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCooling
ssd who uses these? custom loop 
  hide details  
Reply
fx8350
(6 items)
 
x58 fun
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
fx8350 @ 4.7 1.38 asus m5a97 r2.0 le modded with vrm heatsinks GTX 480 X2 @ 900/2000 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveCooling
some off brand ssd  custom loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
w3520@ 4.5 p6t deluxe v2 6970 x2 @ 950 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCooling
ssd who uses these? custom loop 
  hide details  
Reply
post #122 of 164
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanzylol View Post

sweet setup. DUde i honestly advise getting this block and tossing it on your card.http://www.ebay.com/itm/401046345411?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT i just got mine in and am running 1ghz full loading at 51 c on the core. Its insane for 16 dollars and free ship. Quality isnt bad at all either. And its universal so it will work an every gpu you get down the road.

That's pretty sweet actually, but I don't have any water cooling stuff at all, so a standalone block wouldn't help me too much right now haha. I do think I'm going to have to put my fears aside and build (most likely a mostly external) water cooled custom loop. My room is usually pretty warm being small and full of electronics so my card has been pushing 75C during my FO4 sessions since I started running 1080. But I added the link to my watch list for when I build my loop.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-6800k Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WDC WD50 00AAKS-65A7B0 Toshiba p300 3tb  LG super-multi drive  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Custom 40" Toshiba LED 1080p TV - 40L310U 5" HDMI LCD touchscreen (originally intended to... Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Silent 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX550M  DIY PC Zetta-Bk Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair M300 Extended 
AudioOther
Bluedio T2s Bluetooth Stereo Headset Corsair AF120 White LED fans 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-6800k Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WDC WD50 00AAKS-65A7B0 Toshiba p300 3tb  LG super-multi drive  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Custom 40" Toshiba LED 1080p TV - 40L310U 5" HDMI LCD touchscreen (originally intended to... Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Silent 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX550M  DIY PC Zetta-Bk Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair M300 Extended 
AudioOther
Bluedio T2s Bluetooth Stereo Headset Corsair AF120 White LED fans 
  hide details  
Reply
post #123 of 164
Thread Starter 
Seeing that the new Radeon cards drop at the end of this month for $199 I'm just going to wait till then to get a new card, and then I can have one of the newest greatest cards out there! Depending on how the cooling is on that card I may or may not look into a water cooler for my system. But I highly doubt I'll really need to run much of an OC on the RX 480 from what I've seen. I may actually save up and get a second one to run, because they run AWESOME in crossfire. Once I get that new card, I'll just need to get my 16Gb of ram, and up the speed on that (I have 1600 right now, MOBO can handle 1866, can OC to 2400, doubt I'll get into RAM OC though) And some new drives. After that It's gonna be saving up and buying components for a new PC.

My next build I'd like to run:

MOBO: Undecided
CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black
GPU: Radeon RX 480 X2 (Crossfire) or other newer cards if applicable.
RAM: 16GB Corsair (hopefully) 2400 DDR4
PSU: Corsair 750 modular


I can do every one of those upgrades to my current PC except the CPU upgrade (have to run DDR3 RAM though) , because I have a FM2+ MOBO right now. (I CAN however get the A-10 7870k, but Idk how much of an "upgrade" that would be) In all honesty if I run water in my system (even if not) I can OC my current CPU eventually and most likely get as much performance as I'll need, but I really like the 8350.

If I DO keep my current MOBO after I get my other components I'm gonna get a nice slick Corsiar case. I really like the Carbide series. There's one on sale right now that I REALLY want, has the hinged full side window with the finger latch, PSU/HDD cage cover and it looks slick af. Only thing that bums me out is no 5.25" bays. Not the worst thing ever but I like being able to run discs if I need to.

ANYHOW that's all just talk for now. I'm definitley getting some version of the RX480 when it drops though.

This post was mainly to show off my (recently completed) Vault Phones headset. The special colored wires are the only things I need now to complete the whole "set"

So here's the reveal I guess? The headset was supposed to be a darker, more Vault-Tec colored blue than what they were but that's the problem with shopping online haha.




This doesn't look any different but it was chrome before, I used yellow headlight tint to give it a "golden" appearance.


    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-6800k Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WDC WD50 00AAKS-65A7B0 Toshiba p300 3tb  LG super-multi drive  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Custom 40" Toshiba LED 1080p TV - 40L310U 5" HDMI LCD touchscreen (originally intended to... Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Silent 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX550M  DIY PC Zetta-Bk Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair M300 Extended 
AudioOther
Bluedio T2s Bluetooth Stereo Headset Corsair AF120 White LED fans 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-6800k Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WDC WD50 00AAKS-65A7B0 Toshiba p300 3tb  LG super-multi drive  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Custom 40" Toshiba LED 1080p TV - 40L310U 5" HDMI LCD touchscreen (originally intended to... Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Silent 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX550M  DIY PC Zetta-Bk Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair M300 Extended 
AudioOther
Bluedio T2s Bluetooth Stereo Headset Corsair AF120 White LED fans 
  hide details  
Reply
post #124 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisser12 View Post

Seeing that the new Radeon cards drop at the end of this month for $199 I'm just going to wait till then to get a new card, and then I can have one of the newest greatest cards out there! Depending on how the cooling is on that card I may or may not look into a water cooler for my system. But I highly doubt I'll really need to run much of an OC on the RX 480 from what I've seen. I may actually save up and get a second one to run, because they run AWESOME in crossfire. Once I get that new card, I'll just need to get my 16Gb of ram, and up the speed on that (I have 1600 right now, MOBO can handle 1866, can OC to 2400, doubt I'll get into RAM OC though) And some new drives. After that It's gonna be saving up and buying components for a new PC.

My next build I'd like to run:

MOBO: Undecided
CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black
GPU: Radeon RX 480 X2 (Crossfire) or other newer cards if applicable.
RAM: 16GB Corsair (hopefully) 2400 DDR4
PSU: Corsair 750 modular


I can do every one of those upgrades to my current PC except the CPU upgrade (have to run DDR3 RAM though) , because I have a FM2+ MOBO right now. (I CAN however get the A-10 7870k, but Idk how much of an "upgrade" that would be) In all honesty if I run water in my system (even if not) I can OC my current CPU eventually and most likely get as much performance as I'll need, but I really like the 8350.

If I DO keep my current MOBO after I get my other components I'm gonna get a nice slick Corsiar case. I really like the Carbide series. There's one on sale right now that I REALLY want, has the hinged full side window with the finger latch, PSU/HDD cage cover and it looks slick af. Only thing that bums me out is no 5.25" bays. Not the worst thing ever but I like being able to run discs if I need to.

ANYHOW that's all just talk for now. I'm definitley getting some version of the RX480 when it drops though.

This post was mainly to show off my (recently completed) Vault Phones headset. The special colored wires are the only things I need now to complete the whole "set"

So here's the reveal I guess? The headset was supposed to be a darker, more Vault-Tec colored blue than what they were but that's the problem with shopping online haha.




This doesn't look any different but it was chrome before, I used yellow headlight tint to give it a "golden" appearance.




wait on zen. I mean i love my 8350 to death and wont be going zen for quite some time but zen should destroy it. If you go 8350 get a good 990fx board to back it up and overclock.

I also plan on going rx480 soon as one of my 6970s just randomly died.
fx8350
(6 items)
 
x58 fun
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
fx8350 @ 4.7 1.38 asus m5a97 r2.0 le modded with vrm heatsinks GTX 480 X2 @ 900/2000 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveCooling
some off brand ssd  custom loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
w3520@ 4.5 p6t deluxe v2 6970 x2 @ 950 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCooling
ssd who uses these? custom loop 
  hide details  
Reply
fx8350
(6 items)
 
x58 fun
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
fx8350 @ 4.7 1.38 asus m5a97 r2.0 le modded with vrm heatsinks GTX 480 X2 @ 900/2000 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveCooling
some off brand ssd  custom loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
w3520@ 4.5 p6t deluxe v2 6970 x2 @ 950 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCooling
ssd who uses these? custom loop 
  hide details  
Reply
post #125 of 164
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanzylol View Post

wait on zen. I mean i love my 8350 to death and wont be going zen for quite some time but zen should destroy it. If you go 8350 get a good 990fx board to back it up and overclock.

I also plan on going rx480 soon as one of my 6970s just randomly died.

Right on. I'm hoping my card lasts me at least untill the 480 drops. And I'll have to look into zen.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-6800k Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WDC WD50 00AAKS-65A7B0 Toshiba p300 3tb  LG super-multi drive  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Custom 40" Toshiba LED 1080p TV - 40L310U 5" HDMI LCD touchscreen (originally intended to... Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Silent 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX550M  DIY PC Zetta-Bk Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair M300 Extended 
AudioOther
Bluedio T2s Bluetooth Stereo Headset Corsair AF120 White LED fans 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-6800k Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WDC WD50 00AAKS-65A7B0 Toshiba p300 3tb  LG super-multi drive  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Custom 40" Toshiba LED 1080p TV - 40L310U 5" HDMI LCD touchscreen (originally intended to... Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Silent 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX550M  DIY PC Zetta-Bk Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair M300 Extended 
AudioOther
Bluedio T2s Bluetooth Stereo Headset Corsair AF120 White LED fans 
  hide details  
Reply
post #126 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisser12 View Post

Right on. I'm hoping my card lasts me at least untill the 480 drops. And I'll have to look into zen.

I would.
My 8350 @ 4.7 is about 5 percent faster than my first gen i7 @ 4.2 so i really cant reccomend it unless you honestly cant afford to go intel or refuse to buy used cpus. And that was testing both systems same ram speeds same hardrives cards and everything.Now with dx12 using more cores it should widen the gap but still wont go past 3770k speeds.
Edited by seanzylol - 6/4/16 at 11:13am
fx8350
(6 items)
 
x58 fun
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
fx8350 @ 4.7 1.38 asus m5a97 r2.0 le modded with vrm heatsinks GTX 480 X2 @ 900/2000 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveCooling
some off brand ssd  custom loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
w3520@ 4.5 p6t deluxe v2 6970 x2 @ 950 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCooling
ssd who uses these? custom loop 
  hide details  
Reply
fx8350
(6 items)
 
x58 fun
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
fx8350 @ 4.7 1.38 asus m5a97 r2.0 le modded with vrm heatsinks GTX 480 X2 @ 900/2000 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveCooling
some off brand ssd  custom loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
w3520@ 4.5 p6t deluxe v2 6970 x2 @ 950 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCooling
ssd who uses these? custom loop 
  hide details  
Reply
post #127 of 164
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanzylol View Post

I would.
My 8350 @ 4.7 is about 5 percent faster than my first gen i7 @ 4.2 so i really cant reccomend it unless you honestly cant afford to go intel or refuse to buy used cpus. And that was testing both systems same ram speeds same hardrives cards and everything.Now with dx12 using more cores it should widen the gap but still wont go past 3770k speeds.

I prefer AMD over intel for everything. Slight performance differences don't really bother me but the massive price gap does. Part of the reason I don't like Apple products, too expensive for what they are. But as far as functionality goes, I beat the piss out of my old AMD quad core that I had and it took every bit of it for 5 years (note this was before I knew anything about PC hardware, so I had 2 case fans die on my through it's life, and both times it took me over 2 weeks to realize it was dead) Every Intel system I've worked on usually had a CPU go bad in them before the rest of the hardware did, that was with proper cooling and very minimal useage.

I also don't know a whole hell of a lot yet either though, so that may change. But as of right now I want an all Corsair/AMD setup.

Plus AMD has been doing very awesome things lately, I'm interested to see what the near future brings from them.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-6800k Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WDC WD50 00AAKS-65A7B0 Toshiba p300 3tb  LG super-multi drive  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Custom 40" Toshiba LED 1080p TV - 40L310U 5" HDMI LCD touchscreen (originally intended to... Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Silent 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX550M  DIY PC Zetta-Bk Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair M300 Extended 
AudioOther
Bluedio T2s Bluetooth Stereo Headset Corsair AF120 White LED fans 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-6800k Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WDC WD50 00AAKS-65A7B0 Toshiba p300 3tb  LG super-multi drive  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Custom 40" Toshiba LED 1080p TV - 40L310U 5" HDMI LCD touchscreen (originally intended to... Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Silent 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX550M  DIY PC Zetta-Bk Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair M300 Extended 
AudioOther
Bluedio T2s Bluetooth Stereo Headset Corsair AF120 White LED fans 
  hide details  
Reply
post #128 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisser12 View Post

I prefer AMD over intel for everything. Slight performance differences don't really bother me but the massive price gap does. Part of the reason I don't like Apple products, too expensive for what they are. But as far as functionality goes, I beat the piss out of my old AMD quad core that I had and it took every bit of it for 5 years (note this was before I knew anything about PC hardware, so I had 2 case fans die on my through it's life, and both times it took me over 2 weeks to realize it was dead) Every Intel system I've worked on usually had a CPU go bad in them before the rest of the hardware did, that was with proper cooling and very minimal useage.

I also don't know a whole hell of a lot yet either though, so that may change. But as of right now I want an all Corsair/AMD setup.

Plus AMD has been doing very awesome things lately, I'm interested to see what the near future brings from them.

Point of that was the i7 920 is a i7 from 2008. So imagine how far behind the 8350 would be compared to lest say a skylake 6700k at 4.5.
fx8350
(6 items)
 
x58 fun
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
fx8350 @ 4.7 1.38 asus m5a97 r2.0 le modded with vrm heatsinks GTX 480 X2 @ 900/2000 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveCooling
some off brand ssd  custom loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
w3520@ 4.5 p6t deluxe v2 6970 x2 @ 950 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCooling
ssd who uses these? custom loop 
  hide details  
Reply
fx8350
(6 items)
 
x58 fun
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
fx8350 @ 4.7 1.38 asus m5a97 r2.0 le modded with vrm heatsinks GTX 480 X2 @ 900/2000 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveCooling
some off brand ssd  custom loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
w3520@ 4.5 p6t deluxe v2 6970 x2 @ 950 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCooling
ssd who uses these? custom loop 
  hide details  
Reply
post #129 of 164
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanzylol View Post

Point of that was the i7 920 is a i7 from 2008. So imagine how far behind the 8350 would be compared to lest say a skylake 6700k at 4.5.

The price gap is still ridiculous. Some of the newer AMD chips are starting to catch up a little bit to where intel claims to be, but there are a lot of people who swear by AMD/Radeon for gaming.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-6800k Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WDC WD50 00AAKS-65A7B0 Toshiba p300 3tb  LG super-multi drive  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Custom 40" Toshiba LED 1080p TV - 40L310U 5" HDMI LCD touchscreen (originally intended to... Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Silent 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX550M  DIY PC Zetta-Bk Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair M300 Extended 
AudioOther
Bluedio T2s Bluetooth Stereo Headset Corsair AF120 White LED fans 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-6800k Gigabyte F2A85X-UP4 Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WDC WD50 00AAKS-65A7B0 Toshiba p300 3tb  LG super-multi drive  Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Custom 40" Toshiba LED 1080p TV - 40L310U 5" HDMI LCD touchscreen (originally intended to... Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Silent 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX550M  DIY PC Zetta-Bk Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair M300 Extended 
AudioOther
Bluedio T2s Bluetooth Stereo Headset Corsair AF120 White LED fans 
  hide details  
Reply
post #130 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisser12 View Post

The price gap is still ridiculous. Some of the newer AMD chips are starting to catch up a little bit to where intel claims to be, but there are a lot of people who swear by AMD/Radeon for gaming.

oh yea i agree until you go used for the i7 series ;p. a 6 core xeon is 100 dollars plus a board to push it will cost around what a fx would cost new and you are set ;p. Thats why i say wait on zen. Its really not worth it to go fx8350 these days unless you cant absolutly wait
fx8350
(6 items)
 
x58 fun
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
fx8350 @ 4.7 1.38 asus m5a97 r2.0 le modded with vrm heatsinks GTX 480 X2 @ 900/2000 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveCooling
some off brand ssd  custom loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
w3520@ 4.5 p6t deluxe v2 6970 x2 @ 950 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCooling
ssd who uses these? custom loop 
  hide details  
Reply
fx8350
(6 items)
 
x58 fun
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
fx8350 @ 4.7 1.38 asus m5a97 r2.0 le modded with vrm heatsinks GTX 480 X2 @ 900/2000 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveCooling
some off brand ssd  custom loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
w3520@ 4.5 p6t deluxe v2 6970 x2 @ 950 depends on my mood ;) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCooling
ssd who uses these? custom loop 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › This is Project F.A.I.T.H. and the history of Tisser *lots of pictures