Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net BOINC Team › 7th BOINC Pentathlon - June 5th-19th 2016
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

7th BOINC Pentathlon - June 5th-19th 2016 - Page 33

post #321 of 1534
Thread Starter 

I think PrimeGrid is a pretty good all around choice.  The other major GPU projects are pretty heavily skewed in favor of AMD hardware. While our team has loads of AMD GPUs, there are more users overall running NVIDIA cards.

 

To get the most out of AMD GPUs only run the PPS Sieve projects.  They have a quick turnaround time, and a mildly OC'd 7970 can do over 350k PPD.  From looking at the top hosts, those times are about half of what a 980ti does, which actually makes it look like it is relatively hardware agnostic.  I haven't ran Prime on anything other than an old 9800, so I don't have any direct results to compare to my AMD GPUs.  If anyone running a 970, 980, or 980ti has some run-times it would be nice to see how they compare.

post #322 of 1534
Quote:
Originally Posted by tictoc View Post

I think PrimeGrid is a pretty good all around choice.  The other major GPU projects are pretty heavily skewed in favor of AMD hardware. While our team has loads of AMD GPUs, there are more users overall running NVIDIA cards.

To get the most out of AMD GPUs only run the PPS Sieve projects.  They have a quick turnaround time, and a mildly OC'd 7970 can do over 350k PPD.  From looking at the top hosts, those times are about half of what a 980ti does, which actually makes it look like it is relatively hardware agnostic.  I haven't ran Prime on anything other than an old 9800, so I don't have any direct results to compare to my AMD GPUs.  If anyone running a 970, 980, or 980ti has some run-times it would be nice to see how they compare.

I have some GTX 980 (at 1455 core) numbers over here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1597165/7th-boinc-pentathlon-cross-country-primegrid-project-support/0_40#post_25228499

^_^
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
 
 
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-OC MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB SATA3 Maxtor 2TB Black LG DVD-RW Cryorig R1 ultimate 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit BenQ VP2210 BenQ VP2210 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Roccat Nyth Steel Series Worgen 
AudioAudioAudio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B AKG K712 Audio Technica ATH-M50X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 780 Classified Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200 CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240 Windows 7 64 Bit Dell E2213H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 EVGA 1000w G2 Open Bench Table Corsair M95 
Mouse Pad
3' wide battle mat 
  hide details  
Reply
JägerWulfe
(19 items)
 
 
Gigadestroyer
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K Gigabyte Z87X-OC MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition G.Skill Triden-X 16GB DDR3-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB SATA3 Maxtor 2TB Black LG DVD-RW Cryorig R1 ultimate 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit BenQ VP2210 BenQ VP2210 Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNova 1000G2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Roccat Nyth Steel Series Worgen 
AudioAudioAudio
JDS Labs O2 + ODAC Rev.B AKG K712 Audio Technica ATH-M50X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 780 Classified Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston 64GB SSDnow 200 CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Pro 240 Windows 7 64 Bit Dell E2213H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 EVGA 1000w G2 Open Bench Table Corsair M95 
Mouse Pad
3' wide battle mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #323 of 1534
I have a 970 running PG right now at 1354 (boost is running way lower than normal on PG). I have a unit a few seconds from completion and another about 4 hours left in a 19-20 hour unit.
post #324 of 1534
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdaimon View Post

It will be interesting....CSG has been a bust for me so far. No work units. I'm working on a heap of POGs though. Wonder if CSG is saving up or it was just a poor choice for Marathon.

None for me so far. Got the 4770K busy on POGs though. Got a good bit done and holding them. After I get them done, may grab a few PrimeGrid ones to do and hold next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egilman View Post

There is the aspect that everyone has bailed for the most part on CSG and moved to Pogs. what happens to CSG if they do drop some significant work? Everyone will be caught flat footed. Since they are making the effort to put out some WU's wouldn't it be smart to keep some CPU's on it? just in case.

I mean the marathon will not be a bust this way and we may actually have a short term advantage over the others....

At least that is the way I look at it.

As far as PG, a five-six day long WU on a GPU does not make for efficient production in a competition environment, and Prime Grid is entered as a GPU project. We all have to look at efficiencies for the best production. And Prime Grid doesn't suit that for AMD GPU's.

Maybe they will give us another GPU project like Moo or Einstein where my GPU's will shine and be their most efficient and can help the team the most.

I have two 980Tis that I use to crunch prime units. What consider best units for them?
Starting to thing I should of held on to my two OG Titans as well. Got a 980, but have yet to put its water block on and really don't want to hear it squalling atm.

But that is just my take on it.

I have CSG left open on my main rig. So if any do come my way I will crunch them. Was going to have the 1090T dedicated to CSG, but waiting on units to show up first.

I have two 980Tis. What units be best for them from PG?
Edited by Ithanul - 6/4/16 at 2:28pm
 
Black Dragon
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960X Gigabyte X99-UD3P GTX 1080Ti FTW3 (soon) GTX 1080 Ti SC (soon) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial m4 512GB Seagate Barracuda 3TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK EVO Monsoon Premium Bay Res v.2/ Vero D5 pump insta... HWLab Black Ice 360/ 3x eLoops in Push/Pull Phobya 200/ Cooler Master Mega Flow Fan in Push 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Overlord 1440P Corsair K70 Vengeance Corsair AX1200W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Haf X Modded Logitech G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1900X ASUS PRIME X399-A GTX960 FTW @ 1552MHz / Stock volts Corsair Dominators 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Intel SSD Corsair H55/Kraken G10 on GTX960 Mint Mate 18.2 Corsair AX1200i 
Case
Fractal Define S 
CPUOSCase
Intel Core i3 Ubuntu 14.04LTS Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Black Dragon
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960X Gigabyte X99-UD3P GTX 1080Ti FTW3 (soon) GTX 1080 Ti SC (soon) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial m4 512GB Seagate Barracuda 3TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK EVO Monsoon Premium Bay Res v.2/ Vero D5 pump insta... HWLab Black Ice 360/ 3x eLoops in Push/Pull Phobya 200/ Cooler Master Mega Flow Fan in Push 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Overlord 1440P Corsair K70 Vengeance Corsair AX1200W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Haf X Modded Logitech G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1900X ASUS PRIME X399-A GTX960 FTW @ 1552MHz / Stock volts Corsair Dominators 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Intel SSD Corsair H55/Kraken G10 on GTX960 Mint Mate 18.2 Corsair AX1200i 
Case
Fractal Define S 
CPUOSCase
Intel Core i3 Ubuntu 14.04LTS Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook 
  hide details  
Reply
post #325 of 1534
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithanul View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdaimon View Post

It will be interesting....CSG has been a bust for me so far. No work units. I'm working on a heap of POGs though. Wonder if CSG is saving up or it was just a poor choice for Marathon.

None for me so far. Got the 4770K busy on POGs though. Got a good bit done and holding them. After I get them done, may grab a few PrimeGrid ones to do and hold next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egilman View Post

There is the aspect that everyone has bailed for the most part on CSG and moved to Pogs. what happens to CSG if they do drop some significant work? Everyone will be caught flat footed. Since they are making the effort to put out some WU's wouldn't it be smart to keep some CPU's on it? just in case.

I mean the marathon will not be a bust this way and we may actually have a short term advantage over the others....

At least that is the way I look at it.

As far as PG, a five-six day long WU on a GPU does not make for efficient production in a competition environment, and Prime Grid is entered as a GPU project. We all have to look at efficiencies for the best production. And Prime Grid doesn't suit that for AMD GPU's.

Maybe they will give us another GPU project like Moo or Einstein where my GPU's will shine and be their most efficient and can help the team the most.

I have two 980Tis that I use to crunch prime units. What consider best units for them?
Starting to thing I should of held on to my two OG Titans as well. Got a 980, but have yet to put its water block on and really don't want to hear it squalling atm.

But that is just my take on it.

I have CSG left open on my main rig. So if any do come my way I will crunch them. Was going to have the 1090T dedicated to CSG, but waiting on units to show up first.

I have two 980Tis. What units be best for them from PG?

 

The PPS Sieve tasks are the highest PPD tasks for both AMD and NVIDIA GPUs.  The PPD on the PPS Sieve tasks is about 4x the PPD of any of the other tasks.

post #326 of 1534
Quote:
Originally Posted by tictoc View Post

The PPS Sieve tasks are the highest PPD tasks for both AMD and NVIDIA GPUs.  The PPD on the PPS Sieve tasks is about 4x the PPD of any of the other tasks.

Ah, thank you. thumb.gif
 
Black Dragon
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960X Gigabyte X99-UD3P GTX 1080Ti FTW3 (soon) GTX 1080 Ti SC (soon) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial m4 512GB Seagate Barracuda 3TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK EVO Monsoon Premium Bay Res v.2/ Vero D5 pump insta... HWLab Black Ice 360/ 3x eLoops in Push/Pull Phobya 200/ Cooler Master Mega Flow Fan in Push 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Overlord 1440P Corsair K70 Vengeance Corsair AX1200W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Haf X Modded Logitech G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1900X ASUS PRIME X399-A GTX960 FTW @ 1552MHz / Stock volts Corsair Dominators 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Intel SSD Corsair H55/Kraken G10 on GTX960 Mint Mate 18.2 Corsair AX1200i 
Case
Fractal Define S 
CPUOSCase
Intel Core i3 Ubuntu 14.04LTS Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Black Dragon
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
5960X Gigabyte X99-UD3P GTX 1080Ti FTW3 (soon) GTX 1080 Ti SC (soon) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
GSkill TridentZ 32GB 3200MHz Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Crucial m4 512GB Seagate Barracuda 3TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK EVO Monsoon Premium Bay Res v.2/ Vero D5 pump insta... HWLab Black Ice 360/ 3x eLoops in Push/Pull Phobya 200/ Cooler Master Mega Flow Fan in Push 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Overlord 1440P Corsair K70 Vengeance Corsair AX1200W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Haf X Modded Logitech G500s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1900X ASUS PRIME X399-A GTX960 FTW @ 1552MHz / Stock volts Corsair Dominators 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Intel SSD Corsair H55/Kraken G10 on GTX960 Mint Mate 18.2 Corsair AX1200i 
Case
Fractal Define S 
CPUOSCase
Intel Core i3 Ubuntu 14.04LTS Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook 
  hide details  
Reply
post #327 of 1534
Looks like the Top BOINC Team (non-Bitcoin points) did not enter: Sicituradastra. All others inside top 15 entered besides BOINC@Taiwan and XtremeSystems.
post #328 of 1534
Well, just my luck when i sold my 780 and got my 290X, PrimeGrid is chosen frown.gif Plus, the HDD on my X58 rig chose to die just yesterday mad.gif

Good thing I have hoarded a lot of pogs units on my main rig and my laptop. Will see if i can get some Prime WU's for my 290x later, depending on the deadlines for them.
   
i865G Chronos
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Extreme X6800 AsRock 775i65G R2.0 ATI Radeon X1950 XT OCZ EL DDR Gold Edition GX 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung MMBRE64GHDXP-MVBD1 Samsung SH-222 Thermalright Ultima-90 Windows 98 SE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows XP Professional 32 bit Dell SP2309W Genius SlimStar 8000 Generic 500w PSU 
CaseMouseAudio
Generic Case Genius SlimStar 8000 Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
   
i865G Chronos
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Extreme X6800 AsRock 775i65G R2.0 ATI Radeon X1950 XT OCZ EL DDR Gold Edition GX 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung MMBRE64GHDXP-MVBD1 Samsung SH-222 Thermalright Ultima-90 Windows 98 SE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows XP Professional 32 bit Dell SP2309W Genius SlimStar 8000 Generic 500w PSU 
CaseMouseAudio
Generic Case Genius SlimStar 8000 Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #329 of 1534
I think Im good to do either, got handful of either brand. Ive left a cpu open and waiting.

I forgot. Does PrimeGrid use DP? Belive it or not, my 560 TIs are the fastest DPers of any my green cards.
Edited by spdaimon - 6/4/16 at 5:45pm
post #330 of 1534
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post

Looks like the Top BOINC Team (non-Bitcoin points) did not enter: Sicituradastra. All others inside top 15 entered besides BOINC@Taiwan and XtremeSystems.

I don't think Sicituradastra has ever participated. The new kids on the block are GridCoin and it is the 2nd year for HardOCP.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net BOINC Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net BOINC Team › 7th BOINC Pentathlon - June 5th-19th 2016