Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › LG 34UC88/34UC98/34UM88 Monitors Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LG 34UC88/34UC98/34UM88 Monitors Thread - Page 7

post #61 of 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pereb View Post

That's probably not it then... random blackouts are usually a cable issue though.
When I put it at 10-bit color with FreeSync ON, it was literally blacking out every 5 seconds. I could barely use it, and it was showing all kinds of different gray artifacting all over the monitor, same as with my GTX 980.

I am contacting LG tomorrow to see what they say about it.
Edited by Vizuka - 5/22/16 at 11:26am
post #62 of 960
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizuka View Post

When I put it at 10-bit color with FreeSync ON, it was literally blacking out every 5 seconds. I could barely use it, and it was showing all kinds of different gray artifacting all over the monitor, same as with my GTX 980.

I am contacting LG tomorrow to see what they say about it.

So you got FreeSync issue we were talking about also in this thread I believe. Blacking out every xx seconds. This sometimes happens on FreeSync monitors and it is known issue. It was you who were asking about it in this thread after you read about it, if I remember well.

There you have example of this happening on 34CU88: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuA28lD0oWU
post #63 of 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzych04650 View Post

So you got FreeSync issue we were talking about also in this thread I believe. Blacking out every xx seconds. This sometimes happens on FreeSync monitors and it is known issue. It was you who were asking about it in this thread after you read about it, if I remember well.

There you have example of this happening on 34CU88: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuA28lD0oWU
Yeah I know, but it should not be happening. And it is even losing signal even with FreeSync OFF when I put the Color Depth to 8 or 10-bit.

I should be able to use the features of the monitor, right? Or am I just crazy for believing that maybe x) Oh well, as I said, contacting LG tomorrow.
post #64 of 960
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizuka View Post

Yeah I know, but it should not be happening. And it is even losing signal even with FreeSync OFF when I put the Color Depth to 8 or 10-bit.

I should be able to use the features of the monitor, right? Or am I just crazy for believing that maybe x) Oh well, as I said, contacting LG tomorrow.

You just got faulty unit, like I said before, it happens to every product in the world on some degree. Out of like 70+ reviews I read or watched there were 3 examples of this happening. One is customer review on Amazon, one is this UC88 video I posted, and third example is your unit.

Here you can read this one customer review on Amazon, this is one of those two one star reviews: http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-34UC98-34-Inch-Diagonal/dp/B019O78DPS/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
post #65 of 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzych04650 View Post

You just got faulty unit, like I said before, it happens to every product in the world on some degree. Out of like 70+ reviews I read or watched there were 3 examples of this happening. One is customer review on Amazon, one is this UC88 video I posted, and third example is your unit.

Here you can read this one customer review on Amazon, this is one of those two one star reviews: http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-34UC98-34-Inch-Diagonal/dp/B019O78DPS/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
Yeah, I also seem to get some flickering while using FreeSync now too.. Tested in Civilization V. Locked to 73FPS and I have not even changed the FreeSync range yet. So yeah, this monitor is going back for sure. It is just so sad,I have had 4 faulty monitors in a row now and I am starting to get really tired of it..
post #66 of 960
Anyone running two of these side by side? Too big? I am looking to replace three 22" screens with two of these ultrawide.
post #67 of 960
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinconmike View Post

Anyone running two of these side by side? Too big? I am looking to replace three 22" screens with two of these ultrawide.

22" monitor is 48 cm wide, while one 34" ultrawide is 79,2 cm wide, if we talk about panels only, so your current triple 22" monitor setup is 144cm wide + 6 bezels, dual 34" ultrawide is 158 cm wide + 4 bezels, so those two setups should be of similar width. But height is different story, 22" ich monitor is 27,4 cm tall and 34" ultrawide is 34 cm tall. So overall you get 144x27,4 cm of screen space with your current setup + 6 bezels, with ultrawides you would get 158x34 cm + 4 bezels. Also if your monitors are 1080p, real estate is also much bigger on ultrawides, 3x1080p = 6,2 mln pixels, 2x1440p 21:9 = 9,9 mln pixels.

For me dual 34" ultrawide setup sounds huge as fcuk, but of you are already used to similarly wide monitor setup then you should be fine.
post #68 of 960
I just received my 34UC98 and am loving it so far.

Last night I had the PC and monitor on and used a vacuum cleaner in the same room for a few seconds to hoover up a biscuit I'd dropped, stood on and mashed into the carpet. The Monitor blacked out for a second when I turned the Vacuum cleaner on and did the same when I turned the vacuum cleaner off. At first I just thought the timing was a coincidence and worried was this what I had seen discussed in this thread. However it hasn't happened since. I'll test again with the vacuum cleaner when back home later today.

ie. I wonder could something else plugged in in the same room be causing some peoples blackouts?

Also, I'll be using this monitor with a GTX1080 whenever mine actually ships. I hear this monitor might be overclockable to 80HZ. How is that done. Is there a tool you can download to do it. Can it damage the monitor or void the warranty?
The Bed-Station
(15 items)
 
 
New Gaming/VR Rig
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4570S MSI H87i Intel HD 4600 8gb Kingston Hyper X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
120gb Samsung 840 SSD  500gb Hitachi2.5" 5200 RPM Stock Intel i5 Cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS234 Logitech K800 90W integrated PSU Antec ISK-110 
MouseAudioOther
Logitech Performance MX Darkfield Integrated Creative i-Trigue 2.1 SubSat 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K ASrock z68 Extreme 4 2x MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II in SLI 8Gb Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 TB - WD20EARX 128gb Crucial M4 SSD Samsung Blu-Ray Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Dell 24" 2405 Saitek Eclipse Corsair HX1050 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Graphite 600T Logitech M500 Gaming Mouse Integrated 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Z170-A Palit Super Jetstream GTX1080 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
500GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD 3TB Toshiba 7200 RPM 3 TB Toshiba 7200 RPM Corsair H110i GT AIO Cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64bit LG 34UC98 34" 21:9 Ultrawide Corsair Strafe RGB Corsair RM750x 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Corsair M65 Pro Corsair 900mmx300mm Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
The Bed-Station
(15 items)
 
 
New Gaming/VR Rig
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4570S MSI H87i Intel HD 4600 8gb Kingston Hyper X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
120gb Samsung 840 SSD  500gb Hitachi2.5" 5200 RPM Stock Intel i5 Cooler Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS234 Logitech K800 90W integrated PSU Antec ISK-110 
MouseAudioOther
Logitech Performance MX Darkfield Integrated Creative i-Trigue 2.1 SubSat 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K ASrock z68 Extreme 4 2x MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II in SLI 8Gb Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 TB - WD20EARX 128gb Crucial M4 SSD Samsung Blu-Ray Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Dell 24" 2405 Saitek Eclipse Corsair HX1050 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Graphite 600T Logitech M500 Gaming Mouse Integrated 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Z170-A Palit Super Jetstream GTX1080 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
500GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD 3TB Toshiba 7200 RPM 3 TB Toshiba 7200 RPM Corsair H110i GT AIO Cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64bit LG 34UC98 34" 21:9 Ultrawide Corsair Strafe RGB Corsair RM750x 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Corsair M65 Pro Corsair 900mmx300mm Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #69 of 960
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibos View Post

I just received my 34UC98 and am loving it so far.

Last night I had the PC and monitor on and used a vacuum cleaner in the same room for a few seconds to hoover up a biscuit I'd dropped, stood on and mashed into the carpet. The Monitor blacked out for a second when I turned the Vacuum cleaner on and did the same when I turned the vacuum cleaner off. At first I just thought the timing was a coincidence and worried was this what I had seen discussed in this thread. However it hasn't happened since. I'll test again with the vacuum cleaner when back home later today.

ie. I wonder could something else plugged in in the same room be causing some peoples blackouts?

Also, I'll be using this monitor with a GTX1080 whenever mine actually ships. I hear this monitor might be overclockable to 80HZ. How is that done. Is there a tool you can download to do it. Can it damage the monitor or void the warranty?

You can do your overclocking through Nvidia Control Panel, watch sobie video about it or read some guide.

As for 80 Hz overclock, I have my doubts because I am getting frame skipping on my unit even on 70 Hz, so it seem to be confirming that you can go over 60 Hz only with AMD card and FreeSync enabled, but some people claim that they have overclocked this monitor to ~80 Hz, so... I cannot say anything for sure because I never saw any proof (frame skipping test photo) for successful overclock for this monitor and all reliable info I have is my unit and this is too little to make judgements.

You shouldn't damage monitor by overclocking to 75-80 Hz because it runs 75 Hz natively with FreeSync enabled, so overclocking to 75-80 matches this panel capabilities. I don't how it goes with warranty void, overclocking goes through your system software so theoretically you are not making any changes in monitor itself. I guess it turns out to if manufacturer is able to discover if you overclocked monitor. I don't know if monitors have anything that store this kind of data and it can be read by manufacturer.
post #70 of 960
I just got this monitor about 2 weeks ago and will be returning it soon. While I can overclock up to 80hz anything over 60hz gives me frameskippingwith an nvivida card. I have been gaming on it trying all types of games and have decied I just can not get use to all the studdering without vsync and input lag with vsync. Coming from a 144hz monitor 60hz is just way to low for pc gaming. while the res and the 34inchs on this monitor look aswome in games the min you play a super demanding game and you get studdering or input lag the image just turn into complete **** and pulls you out of the immersion. I really do not think you will be able to overclock past 60hz on nvidia card without frameskipping. Your only route to get the 75 hz is through freesync using a amd card. I myself will be retuning this monitor as I just can not deal with the studdering and input lag.
D E N T N U
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700K Delided ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 1 MSI GTX 1080 TI Gaming X HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro Western Digital Caviar Black LG Blu-Ray Burner NZXT Kraken X41 Push/Pull CPU 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
NZXT Kraken X41 Push/Pull GPU Windows 10 Pro X64 ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Corsair Strafe RGB 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 1250W Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass Mionix Avior 7000 Puretrak Talent 
AudioAudio
JDS Labs Objective2 Headphone Amp  Audeze SINE Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
D E N T N U
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700K Delided ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 1 MSI GTX 1080 TI Gaming X HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro Western Digital Caviar Black LG Blu-Ray Burner NZXT Kraken X41 Push/Pull CPU 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
NZXT Kraken X41 Push/Pull GPU Windows 10 Pro X64 ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q Corsair Strafe RGB 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-1250 1250W Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass Mionix Avior 7000 Puretrak Talent 
AudioAudio
JDS Labs Objective2 Headphone Amp  Audeze SINE Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › LG 34UC88/34UC98/34UM88 Monitors Thread