Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield: 1 Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Battlefield: 1 Information and Discussion Thread - Page 132

post #1311 of 5650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insan1tyOne View Post

Disclaimer: My favorite class to play across all Battlefield games is Medic.

So far I have sunk about 10 Hours into this Beta, I am level 36, and a Rank 10 Medic. I am really disappointed in the changes that DICE made to how revives work in BF1. Here are my four big complaints:

  1. There is no incentive for reviving a downed-teammate. The points you earn for it are far too low when you could easily get double the amount by taking off the revive kit and putting on HE rifle grenades and blowing up enemies and vehicles.
  2. Forcing a player to "request a revive" or re-spawn is a terrible methodology. Most players think that by spamming space you can respawn faster (which you can't) and when they do that we can no longer revive them on the field.
  3. Making the "downed player" UI icon so tiny and transparent that it barely even shows up on the map was a terrible move as well. The icon only gets easier to see when the player "requests a revive" which is a mechanic that doesn't work very well anyways.
  4. Due to these lackluster mechanics you almost always end up with your entire team complaining "MEDIC WHY DONT YOU REVIVE US" and it is almost always because we either cannot see the marker on our screen or no one is using the "request revive" feature.

I really hope that DICE fixes these issues with the Medic Class and UI elements.

- Insan1tyOne redface.gif

I agree with all of these points about the revive/respawn system
post #1312 of 5650
Also - I just don't seem to understand the resolution scaling slider. I know there are comments on what it means. But if i'm at 1080p, do I set it at 100%? If so, why does it say I can increase it beyond 100% when I actually can't?

Edit; Ignore this - I did the search this thread function like a human being and saw that 42% is somehow normal. I wish they would clarify that a little better, considering 100% should be native
post #1313 of 5650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty288 View Post

Also - I just don't seem to understand the resolution scaling slider. I know there are comments on what it means. But if i'm at 1080p, do I set it at 100%? If so, why does it say I can increase it beyond 100% when I actually can't?

Leave it at 42%

If you changed it, reset it to make it proper.

It is weird I know but 42% IS 1920x1080p.

100% is 4K
post #1314 of 5650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletSponge View Post

I've wondered the same thing. People who favor Infantry-only servers are gonna be salty.

Not just that, but people who enjoyed communities and favourite servers. Active admins to kick cheats and whiners etc...
post #1315 of 5650
The game looks fantastic. I can run it maxed out with one 2100 MHz Titan-XP and it almost never drop below 100 FPS on my 3440x1440 G-Sync display.
Zybane
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K @ 5.23 GHz ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I Titan Xp - 2025 MHz G.Skill TridentZ 16GB 3520 MHz CL14 1T 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 960 Pro - 1TB Windows 10 Pro Asus PG278QR 27" 165Hz G-Sync Razer BlackWidow TE Stealth Chroma 
PowerMouseAudioAudio
Corsair AX1500i 1500W Titanium Razer Mamba TE Denon AVR-X7200WA Elac BS 312 Speakers 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sennheiser HD-700 Headphones Velodyne MiniVee Subwoofer Buttkicker LFE Razer Orbweaver Stealth Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
Zybane
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K @ 5.23 GHz ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I Titan Xp - 2025 MHz G.Skill TridentZ 16GB 3520 MHz CL14 1T 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 960 Pro - 1TB Windows 10 Pro Asus PG278QR 27" 165Hz G-Sync Razer BlackWidow TE Stealth Chroma 
PowerMouseAudioAudio
Corsair AX1500i 1500W Titanium Razer Mamba TE Denon AVR-X7200WA Elac BS 312 Speakers 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sennheiser HD-700 Headphones Velodyne MiniVee Subwoofer Buttkicker LFE Razer Orbweaver Stealth Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1316 of 5650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insan1tyOne View Post

Disclaimer: My favorite class to play across all Battlefield games is Medic.

So far I have sunk about 10 Hours into this Beta, I am level 36, and a Rank 10 Medic. I am really disappointed in the changes that DICE made to how revives work in BF1. Here are my four big complaints:

  1. There is no incentive for reviving a downed-teammate. The points you earn for it are far too low when you could easily get double the amount by taking off the revive kit and putting on HE rifle grenades and blowing up enemies and vehicles.
  2. Forcing a player to "request a revive" or re-spawn is a terrible methodology. Most players think that by spamming space you can respawn faster (which you can't) and when they do that we can no longer revive them on the field.
  3. Making the "downed player" UI icon so tiny and transparent that it barely even shows up on the map was a terrible move as well. The icon only gets easier to see when the player "requests a revive" which is a mechanic that doesn't work very well anyways.
  4. Due to these lackluster mechanics you almost always end up with your entire team complaining "MEDIC WHY DONT YOU REVIVE US" and it is almost always because we either cannot see the marker on our screen or no one is using the "request revive" feature.

I really hope that DICE fixes these issues with the Medic Class and UI elements.

- Insan1tyOne redface.gif

I agree here. I've played a good bit of medic and have yet to notice a "downed teammate" icon. I have exactly 0 revives so far. In BF4, I can easily see when someone's down and how long I have to revive them. I think that BF1 mechanic should be changed to match how it's done in BF4. I know they want to make things different, but this should be one that stays the same/similar.
FoReVeR
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K Asus P8Z68-V Pro EVGA GTX 970 SC w/ACX 2.0 16GB(4x4GB) 2133MHz Mushkin Redline Ridgeback 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
2x 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM Samsung 840 EVO SSD 250GB Aopen DVD/CD Burner Sony DVD drive 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q Logitech G510 Corsair HX1000W 
CaseMouse
Antec 900 Mid-Tower Logitech G500S 
  hide details  
Reply
FoReVeR
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3770K Asus P8Z68-V Pro EVGA GTX 970 SC w/ACX 2.0 16GB(4x4GB) 2133MHz Mushkin Redline Ridgeback 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
2x 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM Samsung 840 EVO SSD 250GB Aopen DVD/CD Burner Sony DVD drive 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q Logitech G510 Corsair HX1000W 
CaseMouse
Antec 900 Mid-Tower Logitech G500S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1317 of 5650
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98uk View Post

I'm starting to wonder if there won't be rentable servers, like Battlefront.

We asked Fragnet and they said they hadn't been told they will be able to rent servers.

I wonder if EA is moving them all in house...

Honestly wouldn't bother me either way. When you go to the BF4/BF3 server lists and see nothing but 24/7 Metro..well..."this is why we can't have nice things".
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1318 of 5650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Dizzle View Post


Honestly wouldn't bother me either way. When you go to the BF4/BF3 server lists and see nothing but 24/7 Metro..well..."this is why we can't have nice things".

 

I can agree with this. The only game I was keen on something like that was in CS:S. Put me in Dust/Office 24/7 and I'll never leave. :P

     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz 1.37v o/s  Biostar X370 GT7 Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 32... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Biostar M200-240 240GB m.2 SATA SSD (Win) Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD (Linux) SanDisk Ultra II 480GB SSD (Games) Seagate 2TB SSHD (Storage) 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG DVD RW Swiftech H220-X2 Swiftech Komodo RX-ECO Vega Water Block XSPC EX240 Rad 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Gentle Typhoon 120mm x4 Ubuntu 17.10 w/ custom kernel Windows 10 Pro Pixio PX277 27" 1440p 144Hz DP-Adaptive Sync w... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
JAR-OWL J1 Rainbow LED Mechanical SeaSonic X-Series 1050w Gold+ Corsair 760T Zowie FK1 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Firefly Plantronics Rig 500e Gaming Headset Marantz Pro MPH-1 Monitoring Headphones S.M.S.L SD-793II Audio DAC + Headphone Amplifier 
Other
Xbox One Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.6GHz Asrock Z97 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) @ 2133 10-10-10-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 530 Series 480GB SSD Seagate 2TB SSHD LG DVD RW Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 40" Vizio HDTV HP Generic EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650w 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Carbide 300R Logitech Generic HyperX Cloud 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 @ 4.3GHz 1.35v Biostar TA970 v5.3 MSI HD 6950 2GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (4x4GB) 1600 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cryorig H5 Ultimate Corsair AF120 (White LED) x3 Corsair AF140 (White LED) x2 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2440L Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 EVGA B2 850w Corsair 300R 
Mouse
SteelSeries Rival 300 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz 1.37v o/s  Biostar X370 GT7 Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 32... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Biostar M200-240 240GB m.2 SATA SSD (Win) Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD (Linux) SanDisk Ultra II 480GB SSD (Games) Seagate 2TB SSHD (Storage) 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG DVD RW Swiftech H220-X2 Swiftech Komodo RX-ECO Vega Water Block XSPC EX240 Rad 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Gentle Typhoon 120mm x4 Ubuntu 17.10 w/ custom kernel Windows 10 Pro Pixio PX277 27" 1440p 144Hz DP-Adaptive Sync w... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
JAR-OWL J1 Rainbow LED Mechanical SeaSonic X-Series 1050w Gold+ Corsair 760T Zowie FK1 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Firefly Plantronics Rig 500e Gaming Headset Marantz Pro MPH-1 Monitoring Headphones S.M.S.L SD-793II Audio DAC + Headphone Amplifier 
Other
Xbox One Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.6GHz Asrock Z97 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) @ 2133 10-10-10-... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 530 Series 480GB SSD Seagate 2TB SSHD LG DVD RW Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 40" Vizio HDTV HP Generic EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650w 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Carbide 300R Logitech Generic HyperX Cloud 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 @ 4.3GHz 1.35v Biostar TA970 v5.3 MSI HD 6950 2GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (4x4GB) 1600 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cryorig H5 Ultimate Corsair AF120 (White LED) x3 Corsair AF140 (White LED) x2 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2440L Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 EVGA B2 850w Corsair 300R 
Mouse
SteelSeries Rival 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1319 of 5650
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZan View Post

I can agree with this. The only game I was keen on something like that was in CS:S. Put me in Dust/Office 24/7 and I'll never leave. tongue.gif

^^^

Dust/Dust2/Office are genuinely well designed team maps with perfect choke points. Metro was just a meatgrinder (I actually think there was a server called 24/7 Metro Meatgrinder). Metro is an AWFUL map.

#Karkand4Life
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggus D.
(18 items)
 
Leo Laporte
(13 items)
 
Shooter McGavin
(24 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 Thuban 1090T @ 4GHz Asus Crosshair IV Formula 2x5870 in CrossfireX 2x4GB OCZ GOLD 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint, 2x1TB Seagate Barracuda Samsung Super Multi + Samsung BluRay LS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung 2494SW 24'' 16:9 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Arctosa Silver Silverstone Strider ST-1000 Coolermaster HAF X Steelseries Kinzu 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 11.5x12.2 Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1320 of 5650
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty288 View Post

I agree with all of these points about the revive/respawn system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_Josh View Post

I agree here. I've played a good bit of medic and have yet to notice a "downed teammate" icon. I have exactly 0 revives so far. In BF4, I can easily see when someone's down and how long I have to revive them. I think that BF1 mechanic should be changed to match how it's done in BF4. I know they want to make things different, but this should be one that stays the same/similar.

I am glad that it is not just me who thinks this. And I also agree that DICE should have just stayed with the BF4 Medic / Revive UI because it worked really well and I always knew where my downed teammates that needed me were located.

- Insan1tyOne redface.gif
MiniNova
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E5 2637 V3 Asrock X99E-ITX/ac Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline @ 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 250GB WD Caviar Black 2TB Corsair H100i GTX Windows 10 Education Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34UM95-P ErgoDox EZ EVGA G1 1000W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries 4HD Beyerdynamic T5p Headphones Schiit Mjolnir 2 Amp / Gungnir USB Gen. 2 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
MiniNova
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E5 2637 V3 Asrock X99E-ITX/ac Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline @ 2133mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 250GB WD Caviar Black 2TB Corsair H100i GTX Windows 10 Education Edition 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 34UM95-P ErgoDox EZ EVGA G1 1000W Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries 4HD Beyerdynamic T5p Headphones Schiit Mjolnir 2 Amp / Gungnir USB Gen. 2 DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Battlefield: 1 Information and Discussion Thread