Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX - Page 79

post #781 of 1198
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuttery View Post

Did he give any hints as to the final design?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuttery View Post

Ditto.

I want some sort of metal grid or something to protect the filter and the very least.

You could easily push that filter off.

I just emailed him to check. He wasn't too keen on keeping that as the final design.

I haven't specifically asked him about it but I also emailed him now asking about the final design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post

That's actually my pc. I chose that for maximum airflow. I know it looks standard and tbh I can't see it as my view angle doesn't allow me to. I chose the largest space that didn't look weird. As for the filter it's removable as it's magnetically attached from the bottom. You could not take it off unless you removed the lid them removed intenionaly as the magnetic strip is entire perimeter of the filter. I could easily swap it out for something more firm like a speak grill or aluminum perforated plate. The most important thing for me was temps and then aesthetics afterwards. I have almost identical temps without the top. Now that I've had the id for a few days I can tell you heat will still build up under the lid but not enough to effect temps in more than what can be considered a repeatable small margin of 1c at best 2c. The hole or other cuts would be more looks orientated. However, I will say that it will not produce as much of a temp difference as a more open design would.


For a reference point. I have 2 360 gts in this case which is pretty much the maximum possible without severe modding or attaching rads to the exterior. It is currently 25.5c ambient. Under load my hottest gpu is hitting 51-52c and I have sli.

In terms of fan speed they are at 1200 rpm max. I find increasing my fans which go all the way up to 2400 does not bring a dramatic or worth while change over the noise it brings.

Do you have your top rad set to exhaust? If so, then it would be better to remove the filter, right?

@All

Can you mount a 280mm rad on front in such a way that the drive cages below the midplate aren't affected?
post #782 of 1198
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post


That's actually my pc. I chose that for maximum airflow. I know it looks standard and tbh I can't see it as my view angle doesn't allow me to. I chose the largest space that didn't look weird. As for the filter it's removable as it's magnetically attached from the bottom.

I hope you didn't take offense to that, i didnt mean it in a bad way. It doesn't look bad by any means. I just meant, if I'm going to pay for a company to mod a top panel, I'd want it to be a bit more complex in terms of design. I could cut out a large rectangle myself.
post #783 of 1198
Quote:
Originally Posted by glegz View Post

I was thinking of drilling a bunch of tiny holes (1/8") close together in a grid pattern, kind of like a built in grille.

I personally wouldn't do that. I've seen positive temp decreases by just offsetting the front with washers. Once we get the new top panel mods, then I will be happy.

Just for example, when playing something like BF1 or The Division, my temps used to increase to 90-93F on the water temp. No they hardly reach 90F after multiple hours of game play. That is still with the top panel on as well. I expect it to go down another few degrees after I get the top panel modded.
post #784 of 1198
Looks like they are leaning towards this design.



This was originally "Paskowitz" design, but i think they slightly modified it.

I like it. Goes with the case pretty well. I asked how large those holes are so we can compare surface area to the one large opening done by them originally. I'd like to make sure we are choking any air flow by going with this.
post #785 of 1198
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuttery View Post

Looks like they are leaning towards this design.



This was originally "Paskowitz" design, but i think they slightly modified it.

I like it. Goes with the case pretty well. I asked how large those holes are so we can compare surface area to the one large opening done by them originally. I'd like to make sure we are choking any air flow by going with this.

 

I got the same reply an hour ago :) It's not yet final but he is definitely open to more suggestions so it's better to talk to him now than later. They're making sure not to have a design that will increase the overall cost of the panel.

post #786 of 1198
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuttery View Post

Looks like they are leaning towards this design.



This was originally "Paskowitz" design, but i think they slightly modified it.

I like it. Goes with the case pretty well. I asked how large those holes are so we can compare surface area to the one large opening done by them originally. I'd like to make sure we aren't choking any air flow by going with this.

It was a super rough mock up in Ps. I'm sure they had to clean it up.

~343cm^2 (53in^2) (42.9cm^2 per hole *8 holes) is the total area for the all holes. IMO that should be plenty. FYI stock is ~<75cm^2(including mesh)... probably closer to 50cm^2. I mean, outside of some nightmare volume of air scenario with a 360mm rad and 3000rpm Noctua fans running at full blast... but really now. Perhaps the only really valid exception would be a 360mm radiator mounted directly to the very top of the Evolv chassis. In that instance, I could possibly see my design performing slightly worse than a full cut out.

I think the main thing to focus on is aesthetics.
Edited by paskowitz - 4/21/17 at 7:03am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Classified ACX 2.0+... EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Klevv Genuine 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM... Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Har... Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM I... Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit HardwareLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTS X-Flow 280mm Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM 107.4 CFM ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CooLaboratory Liquid Ultra Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020FD 50-Inch Class (49.85'' ... Logitech Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard K830 
PowerCaseMouseOther
EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX ... Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Editio... Logitech G400 Professional Gaming Mouse MX518 Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2 US 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2 US Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula US Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ US Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V2 US 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor Asus MAXIMUS VII FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Classified ACX 2.0+... EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Klevv Genuine 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM... Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Har... Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM I... Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 950 Pro Swiftech H240-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit HardwareLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTS X-Flow 280mm Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000 PWM 107.4 CFM ... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CooLaboratory Liquid Ultra Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020FD 50-Inch Class (49.85'' ... Logitech Illuminated Living-Room Keyboard K830 
PowerCaseMouseOther
EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX ... Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Editio... Logitech G400 Professional Gaming Mouse MX518 Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2 US 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW M3 GT2 US Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula US Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ US Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V2 US 
  hide details  
Reply
post #787 of 1198
Quote:
Originally Posted by paskowitz View Post

It was a super rough mock up in Ps. I'm sure they had to clean it up.

~343cm^2 (53in^2) (42.9cm^2 per hole *8 holes) is the total area for the all holes. IMO that should be plenty. FYI stock is ~<75cm^2(including mesh)... probably closer to 50cm^2. I mean, outside of some nightmare volume of air scenario with a 360mm rad and 3000rpm Noctua fans running at full blast... but really now. Perhaps the only really valid exception would be a 360mm radiator mounted directly to the very top of the Evolv chassis. In that instance, I could possibly see my design performing slightly worse than a full cut out.

I think the main thing to focus on is aesthetics.

Agreed on the aesthetics. That combined area is actually slightly more than the full cutout I believe.
post #788 of 1198
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkguru View Post

I hope you didn't take offense to that, i didnt mean it in a bad way. It doesn't look bad by any means. I just meant, if I'm going to pay for a company to mod a top panel, I'd want it to be a bit more complex in terms of design. I could cut out a large rectangle myself.

None taken. I was going to cut it myself but I didn't have the tools or the space to do it. So it's actually was more cost and time feasible for me to do it this way.
post #789 of 1198
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuttery View Post

Agreed on the aesthetics. That combined area is actually slightly more than the full cutout I believe.

Possibly, however, the rad as you know is mounted on the left. I emailed joe about the run yesterday, he told me he might pop in the thread once they have it finalized. I might pick one up just to test at the end.
post #790 of 1198
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post

Possibly, however, the rad as you know is mounted on the left. I emailed joe about the run yesterday, he told me he might pop in the thread once they have it finalized. I might pick one up just to test at the end.

You're correct. In the end I like the look.

Yes he said they may send one to you for testing since you are relatively close!

On another note, can you get custom size Demciflex Filters?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX