I got something special going on for this build, and i guess from now on.
I've decided to refresh an old peripheral i've been having around for 4 years, a true hero. At the same time i've been thoroughly thinking about making a full line of customized peripherals for this build. The idea and outcome for this will be called "the salamander"
At the moment i can only show you guys the mouse, its a Razer Orochi, the old companion of my mobile gaming station.
This "side quest" started last week, and this is the making of :
- sanding with 280, polishing with 600
- first coating, very pleased with the texture i managed to pull off
- used adhesive paper, cut in 5mm stripes
- the logo was a challenge, going on a curved surface, managed to print it on adhesive paper, and had to surgically cut it directly on the mouse.
- its not perfect, another hard thing was the fact that even though the paper was adhesive, it would wiggle under the cutter, to be honest, i'm surprised i reached that outcome.
- for than grain texture i used different paints, applying the second straight after applying the first one, without letting it dry.
- i say this again, i know its not perfect, but i'm actualy really proud of the way it turned out, i hope you guys like it, and why not, feel inspired.
All that is left for me to do is clean the stencil edges a bit more, and clearcoat the whole thing, for protection and an easier maintenance.
* The paint is Montana, 94 series, mat finish, but the texture ... its something i pulled off.