Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Skylake Non-K Overclock on ES?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skylake Non-K Overclock on ES? - Page 62

post #611 of 775
Okay thanks so much. Ordered the QHQG about a week ago, I cannot wait to get it!
post #612 of 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonsg00 View Post

Sounds good, keep me updated m8.
So I just flashed it, it turned into F6e and my core temp readings are off again(100c)
Now how do I go about testing this, previously even with other bios version I tried, it bluescreens around 30mins or max 1 hour and 30 min. which requires me to play the game I finished...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud1250000 View Post

No particular reason, I compared the bios F5 from the russian forum with the one I did, and it was matching I think. I also did it for the F6 bios just to check if it was the same wink.gif
Yup it's running now, just needs testing done
post #613 of 775
btw do you have c-state and speedstep enabled?
post #614 of 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif-4 View Post

So I just flashed it, it turned into F6e and my core temp readings are off again(100c)
Now how do I go about testing this, previously even with other bios version I tried, it bluescreens around 30mins or max 1 hour and 30 min. which requires me to play the game I finished...
Yup it's running now, just needs testing done

Tell me how it goes m8. Look for cold boots and try the game.
post #615 of 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud1250000 View Post

btw do you have c-state and speedstep enabled?
Speedstep not sure what it is exactly and C-states if I recall I planned on disabling them but never ended up doing so
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonsg00 View Post

Tell me how it goes m8. Look for cold boots and try the game.
Playing that game feels like some kind of social experiment having my candy taken away every time I get into the game and blue screen lol

Edit
So tried that game out for 30 minutes, didn't crash will need to try again tomorrow with Grid 2
Basically got nothing concluded today from the short session
Edited by Sharif-4 - 4/13/17 at 4:10pm
post #616 of 775
well I can't reach a stable overclock with speedstep and c-state so you might want to disable them wink.gif
post #617 of 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud1250000 View Post

well I can't reach a stable overclock with speedstep and c-state so you might want to disable them wink.gif
I'll do that tonight and keep my fingers crossed

So I looked into Speedstep and C1-C8, I decided to disable them if I get a bluescreen. this computer spends more time idling than being in use, so I decided to wait it out

Day 2
30 minutes of Grid 2, no crash
Edited by Sharif-4 - 4/14/17 at 6:10pm
post #618 of 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif-4 View Post

Speedstep not sure what it is exactly and C-states if I recall I planned on disabling them but never ended up doing so
Playing that game feels like some kind of social experiment having my candy taken away every time I get into the game and blue screen lol

Lol, i got the same feeling when i get the cold boots...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif-4 View Post

I'll do that tonight and keep my fingers crossed

So I looked into Speedstep and C1-C8, I decided to disable them if I get a bluescreen. this computer spends more time idling than being in use, so I decided to wait it out

Day 2
30 minutes of Grid 2, no crash

Good, keep us updated. Tell me if the cold boots dissaperar to.
Edited by Alfonsg00 - 4/14/17 at 7:31pm
post #619 of 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonsg00 View Post

Lol, i got the same feeling when i get the cold boots...
Good, keep us updated. Tell me if the cold boots dissaperar to.

You should give it a shot too, I didn't have much cold boot issues to begin with. So far the only strange boot I get is when I make changes to the bios and save n exit.
PC almost starts booting and it shuts off, turns on again while this time it boots fine (Happened twice so far)
post #620 of 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif-4 View Post

You should give it a shot too, I didn't have much cold boot issues to begin with. So far the only strange boot I get is when I make changes to the bios and save n exit.
PC almost starts booting and it shuts off, turns on again while this time it boots fine (Happened twice so far)

How is it going m8?.
Edited by Alfonsg00 - 4/17/17 at 11:50am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Skylake Non-K Overclock on ES?