Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [IG] Overwatch to Permanently Ban Cheaters On First Offence
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[IG] Overwatch to Permanently Ban Cheaters On First Offence - Page 19

post #181 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei86 View Post

A lot of companies after banning you allows you to come back because the thought process is that they have learned lesson to not do it again because you personally lost monetary value, and now have to repay again to play.

I know for steam if you get banned, just make another account and rebuy.

Yeah just make another account and rebuy, that's all it is. Disregard the idea of how much time and money is put into the account. Of course I don't support cheaters in any way. I don't honestly care if Blizzard bans people on future accounts based on their actions from a prior account. I only care if they do it to someone who may not actually be guilty of said crime, which has happened before but they are being a bit more strict on overwatch it seems. Blizzard games are secure to the point that if you're banned for cheating or exploiting it was likely intentional.
Edited by Brimlock - 6/2/16 at 12:47pm
post #182 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei86 View Post

A lot of companies after banning you allows you to come back because the thought process is that they have learned lesson to not do it again because you personally lost monetary value, and now have to repay again to play.

I know for steam if you get banned, just make another account and rebuy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecdm View Post

In Diablo 3, you can get banned and then purchase a new key and add it to your existing account and play with the same account you did before. Only you start from scratch.

That also ties directly into the legal standpoint. 1 ToS per account. It's not 1 ToS per person. If you're restricted from having multiple accounts then you'd be breaking the ToS before being able to purchase anything - and thus you couldn't purchase the same product. Blizzard also set precedent for themselves because they allow multiple accounts.

It's not about learning the lesson as much as it's about the legality of the issue. For example, Blizzard had to act on the vanilla WoW servers with a cease and desist order because if they don't enforce it, they can lose the right to enforce it period. Therefore, provided Blizzard banned multiple accounts, they'd have to start punishing all the pro teams who buy multiple accounts for tourney use and punish individual pros for having barcode name accounts. They can't pick and choose, depending on what is convenient for them. They either exercise the right or they forefit it.
post #183 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by frickfrock999 View Post

Blizzard's banning policy for WOW is really bizarre.

They rarely ever perma-ban you. Instead, they'll temp ban you for months and then let you back in.

Weird.

It's really hard to hack in WoW effectively, but an FPS game it's so easy.
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Power Tower
(22 items)
 
SteamBox
(9 items)
 
Doge Miner
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700X AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Radeon R9 200 Series G.Skill DDR4-2400 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 G.Skill DDR4-2400 Samsung 840 Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CX300 Crucial 480GB Toshiba 4TB Toshbia 4TB Western Digital Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
h110i Windows 10 42" LG TV 20" Digitizer ASUS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Vengeance Mechanical Keyboard  850watt Vampire Gold Rated NZXT S340 Elite Corsair RGB FPS Mouse 
Mouse PadAudio
Borderlands Mousepad Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #184 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYDeath View Post

It's not about learning the lesson as much as it's about the legality of the issue. For example, Blizzard had to act on the vanilla WoW servers with a cease and desist order because if they don't enforce it, they can lose the right to enforce it period. Therefore, provided Blizzard banned multiple accounts, they'd have to start punishing all the pro teams who buy multiple accounts for tourney use and punish individual pros for having barcode name accounts. They can't pick and choose, depending on what is convenient for them. They either exercise the right or they forefit it.

This statement has been proven to not be true. Blizzard will not lose legal rights on their property because they don't enforce their own legal terms. There are dozens if not hundreds of private servers running WoW illegally and blizzard isn't actively making legal moves against them. The server you're talking about was a well known popular vanilla server that Blizzard likely saw as competition for their own title and used the excuse of the rights of their product to defend their actions because lets be honest, even people who didn't play on the server didn't take the action favorably.

If Blizzard was going to lose its rights for copyright infringement then it should of happened a long time ago because there have been and always will be people violating the copyright laws.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/04/blizzard-allowing-pirate-wow-servers-would-damage-our-rights/

That article will better explain my argument.
Edited by Brimlock - 6/2/16 at 1:03pm
post #185 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYDeath View Post

Double edged sword, banning a cheater after they re-purchase seems a little silly, That may actually get them in a bit of legal trouble if the situation of cheater cheats, gets banned, buys new copy, gets banned without cheating, does a chargeback since they can't play the game they purchased (and did not break the ToS) then get their entire bnet account closed. I'm not really siding with cheaters or anything, I'm just pointing out that doing something like this to the wrong person is a whole lot like smoking in a grain shaft. Eventually, something bad is gonna come of it.

That's not true. Their end user license agreement basically says that they own the account and you still have access to the game and it's files, but blizz reserves the right to block you from using their private servers. In return for agreeing with this (Since contract law dictates that contracts won't be one sided) you are provided private servers to enjoy the game on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimlock View Post

Yeah just make another account and rebuy, that's all it is. Disregard the idea of how much time and money is put into the account. Of course I don't support cheaters in any way. I don't honestly care if Blizzard bans people on future accounts based on their actions from a prior account. I only care if they do it to someone who may not actually be guilty of said crime, which has happened before but they are being a bit more strict on overwatch it seems. Blizzard games are secure to the point that if you're banned for cheating or exploiting it was likely intentional.

Those accounts are being banned as well.
Nightshade
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-4930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme EVGA - Titan-X Superclocked EVGA - Titan-X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64 GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 OCZ Agility 3 Intel 540 240GB 7200 RPM Platter Drive 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1TB Mushkin SSD Watercooled Windows 10 Pro x64 ASUS ROG Swift 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Chroma Corsair RM1000 Corsair 900D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Steelseries Soundblaster Z Speakers: Logitech z5500 
  hide details  
Reply
Nightshade
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-4930k Asus Rampage IV Extreme EVGA - Titan-X Superclocked EVGA - Titan-X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64 GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 OCZ Agility 3 Intel 540 240GB 7200 RPM Platter Drive 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1TB Mushkin SSD Watercooled Windows 10 Pro x64 ASUS ROG Swift 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Chroma Corsair RM1000 Corsair 900D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Steelseries Soundblaster Z Speakers: Logitech z5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #186 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade5399 View Post

A mass ban just happened and those banned are reporting that even if they get a new copy of the game, they are getting banned within 24 hours even if they didn't hack on the new copy.

http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-cheaters-are-having-a-hard-time/

People are getting banned over public cheats on a public cheat forum. Nothing all that exciting....

Pay 2 Cheats are hardly getting hit unless the player is blatant.

Proof it's a public forum...

^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
post #187 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade5399 View Post

I don't think it's IP ban. If you click the links within the article they have screens of folks saying they changed their MAC, IP, HDD HWID, you name it. Still got banned. You can bet there's no way Blizzard is going to let us know what they are basing it off of. I haven't seen a post where the hacker has totally reformatted yet though, so it's yet to be seen.

i wouldn't feel safe if they were doing IP bans, family players for example can play overwatch under the same roof, using the same internet, although not the same PC.
imagine your little bro were to cheat and got banned, and your account got banned too just because they thought it was the same person.
post #188 of 242
I say guilt by proxy! Ban whole families and their descendants too! Ban their neighbors for good measure. Ban the cheaters until they go crying home to mommy.
post #189 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpankyMcFlych View Post

I say guilt by proxy! Ban whole families and their descendants too! Ban their neighbors for good measure. Ban the cheaters until they go crying home to mommy.

Found the trump supporter tongue.gif
post #190 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyVT View Post

It's really hard to hack in WoW effectively, but an FPS game it's so easy.

What? Have you ever played high rated RBG's in WoW? If a team isn't cheating, it's a miracle. Pretty much why I quit.

Cheating in any kind of game is lame, and should be hit with permanent bans if caught.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asrock Z68 Extreme7  MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB Crucial M4  Intel 730 Intel 730 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
ASUS 24x DVD-RW  NH-D14 Windows 7 Professional  XB270HU 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200 CM Cosmos 2 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 2600k Asrock Z68 Extreme7  MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB Crucial M4  Intel 730 Intel 730 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
ASUS 24x DVD-RW  NH-D14 Windows 7 Professional  XB270HU 
PowerCase
Corsair AX1200 CM Cosmos 2 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [IG] Overwatch to Permanently Ban Cheaters On First Offence