Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX 1080 Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] GTX 1080 Reviews - Page 463  

post #4621 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubldwn View Post

OK well when you put it like that pricing does look a little bit off.

Sure but those AMD cards aren't using DDR5X which has only been in mass production for a few months. I've made this point before and I stand firmly that it is likely part of the price hike on the 1080 is because of the DDR5X ram installed on the boards.
post #4622 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimlock View Post

Sure but those AMD cards aren't using DDR5X which has only been in mass production for a few months. I've made this point before and I stand firmly that it is likely part of the price hike on the 1080 is because of the DDR5X ram installed on the boards.


LOL!!!! Yea okay.
post #4623 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post

LOL!!!! Yea okay.

Prove me wrong. Prove to me that there is no part of the price that is raised because of a newer standard of ram. I'm not saying that the AMD card would be priced the same as the 1080 if they had DDR5X, but you can sure as hell bet that Nvidia has a price point on that faster ram.
Edited by Brimlock - 6/2/16 at 1:10pm
post #4624 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyph3rz View Post

photo 1080 AMD_zpsqipt7utd.jpg

Whoever made this graph needs to be educated that simply because there is 2 cards, it doesnt automatically doubles all values.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 3570K Asus z77 EVGA 1080 GTX 16gb venegence ddr-3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x60GB SSD OCZ Vetrex 3, 1x256GB SSD Crucial MX... DVD-RW LiteScribe Windows 10 Pro BENQ XL2411Z 144hz 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Ducky Shine 3 Red LED / brown cherry MX switches 750W Corsair CX Gold razer deathadder chroma steelseries qck heavy 
Audio
Steelseries siberia V2 
  hide details  
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 3570K Asus z77 EVGA 1080 GTX 16gb venegence ddr-3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x60GB SSD OCZ Vetrex 3, 1x256GB SSD Crucial MX... DVD-RW LiteScribe Windows 10 Pro BENQ XL2411Z 144hz 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Ducky Shine 3 Red LED / brown cherry MX switches 750W Corsair CX Gold razer deathadder chroma steelseries qck heavy 
Audio
Steelseries siberia V2 
  hide details  
post #4625 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimlock View Post

Prove me wrong. Prove to me that there is no part of the price that is raised because of a newer standard of ram. I'm not saying that the AMD card would be priced the same as the 1080 if they had DDR5X, but you can sure as hell bet that Nvidia has a price point on that faster ram.


Just like the crappy ref pcb and cooler costs 100 more too?
post #4626 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamil234 View Post

Whoever made this graph needs to be educated that simply because there is 2 cards, it doesnt automatically doubles all values.
Ayyy

16 GB GDDR5 lachen.gif
post #4627 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamil234 View Post

Whoever made this graph needs to be educated that simply because there is 2 cards, it doesnt automatically doubles all values.


It's from videocardz.com
post #4628 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgtr View Post

Just like the crappy ref pcb and cooler costs 100 more too?

I didn't give a value to how much they associated to the price point. You're projecting that yourself.
post #4629 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyph3rz View Post

It's from videocardz.com
im suprised that people still thinks that site is worth something to even mention it..
post #4630 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfathaaaaa View Post

im suprised that people still thinks that site is worth something to even mention it..

I go to that site because it's one of the first to cover the latest info on GPU's. Care to explain what's wrong with the site?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX 1080 Reviews