Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX 1080 Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] GTX 1080 Reviews - Page 560  

post #5591 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue1512 View Post

I agree with your point about the devs. However it was already addressed my point about the Gameworks.

nVidia's effort on Dx11 includes the Gameworks strategy and a brute force flagship that make the Async capable card look pale in comparison. They are late to the game with Async so they defended their thrones by prolongs Dx11, that's how they stagnates the technology. Which evidence you want though, when it's clear that nVidia has not released anything related to Vulkan/Dx12.

What do you mean release anything related to Vulkan/DX12? Also why should Nvidia utilize Async if they can clearly brute force past it? If Async can't beat brute force, then its clearly not the superior technology. I've already stated that Nvidia cards from 2002 and up will support DX12, they don't need to "release anything related to DX12/Vulkan" because they already have products out that fully support them.

Gameworks is middleware that Nvidia developed to improve videogame performance and graphics of games for their cards. Its proprietary software. Its not meant to improve the performance of their cards. Gameworks does not just make Nvidia cards better. If anything it hurts the performance of Nvidia GPUs because it does more for the game. AMD has their own middleware and its called OPENGPU, the difference is that Gameworks only works for Nvidia technology, which is why its called proprietary software. You clearly don't know what gameworks does if you think its being used to stagnate anything.
Edited by Brimlock - 6/15/16 at 5:27pm
post #5592 of 6175
Pascal performs quite well in DX12/async from what I see
The Green Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K @ 4500 Mhz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SSD Crucial M550 500GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB HDD Seagate 7200rpm 3TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Xilence X5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB271HU 27" IPS Gsync 1440p 165Hz CM Storm QuickFire XT Cherry Red 800W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum SteelSeries QcK+ 4mm SK Gaming Realtek On-board 
  hide details  
The Green Beast
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770K @ 4500 Mhz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Crucial Ballistix 2x8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SSD Crucial M550 500GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB HDD Seagate 7200rpm 3TB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Xilence X5 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Acer Predator XB271HU 27" IPS Gsync 1440p 165Hz CM Storm QuickFire XT Cherry Red 800W modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 Black Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum SteelSeries QcK+ 4mm SK Gaming Realtek On-board 
  hide details  
post #5593 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimlock View Post

What do you mean release anything related to Vulkan/DX12? Also why should Nvidia utilize Async if they can clearly brute force past it? If Async can't beat brute force, then its clearly not the superior technology. I've already stated that Nvidia cards from 2002 and up will support DX12, they don't need to "release anything related to DX12/Vulkan" because they already have products out that fully support them.

Oh if you call it that way so I reckon we should continue the DX12 talk in another day rolleyes.gif

Friendly notice that nVidia hasn't hyped anything about their DX12 performance, which is very un-nVidia-like.
post #5594 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue1512 View Post

Oh if you call it that way so I reckon we should continue the DX12 talk in another day rolleyes.gif

Friendly notice that nVidia hasn't hyped anything about their DX12 performance, which is very un-nVidia-like.

They don't have a reason to hype DX12. Its not like they have any specific technology that utilizes DX12 better than anyone else. I have no reason to continue this conversation with you. Your argument is based on misinformation and opinion based facts.

Apparently if Nvidia doesn't force hype onto something it means something shady is up. Also I can't understand your first sentence. Your sentence structure has degraded over the course of this conversation.

I take back what I said about you. After looking at previous conversations you had, its clear you don't understand how conversations work. You believe that because you don't mention something that no one else can bring in outside information against you. You also appear to believe that anything you say or think is truth over all other evidence. I will not continue to debate with you.
Edited by Brimlock - 6/15/16 at 5:50pm
post #5595 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

Pascal performs quite well in DX12/async from what I see

Actually several of the reviews I've gone through show performance regression for the 1070/1080 going from DX11 to DX12 for certain games, akin to some 980ti benchmarks.
Steins Gate
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7800x @ TBD ASRock OC Formula X299 XFX Vega 64 4x4 Crucial Ballistix Elite @ TBD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
960 Evo 850 Evo WD Blue 1TB Thermalright True Spirit 140 Direct 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XR342CK G413 EVGA 750w G2 CM MC5 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G703 Logitech Powerplay Onboard Logitech Z906 
Audio
HD518 
  hide details  
Steins Gate
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7800x @ TBD ASRock OC Formula X299 XFX Vega 64 4x4 Crucial Ballistix Elite @ TBD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
960 Evo 850 Evo WD Blue 1TB Thermalright True Spirit 140 Direct 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XR342CK G413 EVGA 750w G2 CM MC5 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G703 Logitech Powerplay Onboard Logitech Z906 
Audio
HD518 
  hide details  
post #5596 of 6175
What's a guy to do who wants a high end GPU? I would feel like garbage if I bought a 1080.

Do I wait 6/12 months for Vega/1080Ti?
post #5597 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by i7monkey View Post

What's a guy to do who wants a high end GPU? I would feel like garbage if I bought a 1080.

Do I wait 6/12 months for Vega/1080Ti?

The 480 is going to be pretty cheap and viable. If you aren't willing to get anything below the 1080 I would wait till TI/Vega popup.
post #5598 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimlock View Post

The 480 is going to be pretty cheap and viable. If you aren't willing to get anything below the 1080 I would wait till TI/Vega popup.

Will 480 reference cards be quiet unlike in the past? I don't mind AMD but their cards have always been loud and hot.
post #5599 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by i7monkey View Post

Will 480 reference cards be quiet unlike in the past? I don't mind AMD but their cards have always been loud and hot.

Well the card isn't out yet so we have no idea what its going to be like. I also have never used an AMD card so I have no input on their cards.
post #5600 of 6175
I can't imagine a 100W card being very loud but who knows. Keep in mind that the RX480 is definitely not a flagship product. It is supposed to be a volume seller with P/P the likes of which we have not seen since the 4xxx cards (or at least we hope so). I expect a bit faster than a 980 at stock with OCing that can get it near Fury X or even 980Ti performance for $200-$300 depending on vendor and memory config. Even the most pessimistic anti-AMD fanboys predict it should at least match the 390X with at least some OC headroom leftover.

If you want something faster than a 980Ti your only choice is going to be the 1080 until Vega/Big Pascal. That said, I wouldn't buy a 1080 even if it was $500 because Nvidia's REAL flagship card should be coming within the year and I don't feel like spending that kind of money on a glorified GTX 460...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX 1080 Reviews