Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX 1080 Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Various] GTX 1080 Reviews - Page 602  

post #6011 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarhell View Post

Your logic makes no sense in general. I don't know what is wrong with you.

Maybe you should go back and read your post.
can't see why.
post #6012 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by moustang View Post

Can you show me the stock FE that goes to 1900mhz without any form of overclocking?

Because I can show you the Nvidia page that says the stock base clock is 1607mhz and the boost clock out of the box is 1733mhz.

So a 2100mhz boost clock would be a 21% gain in stock clock speeds and around a 15% performance gain.

There's various reviews that show between 1875mhz-1900mhz stock out of the box.

edit - here's one at 1885mhz

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/05/17/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1080_founders_edition_review/5#.V2v34TVs2FI

You don't know how Nvidia boost works obviously, the product page states the minimum boost clock.

Just for clarification AMD states a max boost clock and caps it. This is why the two differ.

You won't get a 20% clock speed gain/15% performance gain over the stock card reviews, unless the card was throttling down to 1733mhz.

Sometimes it's down lower, other times it's up higher, I find it confusing to get accurate numbers that will translate across all titles and resolutions.

This is the kind of marketing and review manipulating I don't like from Nvidia boost.
Edited by Waitng4realGPU - 6/23/16 at 7:54am
post #6013 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevChelios View Post

yes such a small market redface.gif

post #6014 of 6175
Wow. I haven't seen this much salt thrown back and forth here on OCN since the console wars or Omron vs Huano switch forums tongue.gif
post #6015 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by toncij View Post

Be careful, MSI models are quite larger than FE and won't fit.

Ummm, yeah.

You should try telling that to all of the people over in the G10 Owners thread who have already done it. I'm sure they will be thrilled to know that the G10 Hybrid cooling that they have attached to the MSI cards doesn't work, even though they're already using it.







35C at 2012 mhz. Nope, that will never work.
post #6016 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitng4realGPU View Post

There's various reviews that show between 1875mhz-1900mhz stock out of the box.

edit - here's one at 1885mhz

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/05/17/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1080_founders_edition_review/5#.V2v34TVs2FI

You don't know how Nvidia boost works obviously, the product page states the minimum boost clock.

Just for clarification AMD states a max boost clock and caps it. This is why the two differ.

You won't get a 20% clock speed gain/15% performance gain over the stock card reviews, unless the card was throttling down to 1733mhz.

Sometimes it's down lower, other times it's up higher, I find it confusing to get accurate numbers that will translate across all titles and resolutions.

This is the kind of marketing and review manipulating I don't like from Nvidia boost.
lol that's max clock
you come to a thread with +600 pages, have you any idea how boost works ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VESPA5 View Post

Wow. I haven't seen this much salt thrown back and forth here on OCN since the console wars or Omron vs Huano switch forums tongue.gif
I swear I didn't mean it, but happens every time you come with something that grinds the peoples gears
Edited by Klocek001 - 6/23/16 at 8:01am
post #6017 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocek001 View Post

lol that's max clock
you come to a thread with +600 pages, have you any idea how boost works ?

Yeah it's max boost clock out of the box, as in not overclocked.

I was replying to someone that wanted to be shown a stock card boosting to 1900mhz, which is what I did.

I'm confused to what you're carrying on about maybe your anger at others has now shifted on to me?

My main point is that you can't look at a review and say 'Oh I'll get a 15% performance gain on top of those tests as well'
Edited by Waitng4realGPU - 6/23/16 at 8:07am
post #6018 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitng4realGPU View Post

There's various reviews that show between 1875mhz-1900mhz stock out of the box.

edit - here's one at 1885mhz

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2016/05/17/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1080_founders_edition_review/5#.V2v34TVs2FI

You don't know how Nvidia boost works obviously, the product page states the minimum boost clock.

Just for clarification AMD states a max boost clock and caps it. This is why the two differ.

You won't get a 20% clock speed gain/15% performance gain over the stock card reviews, unless the card was throttling down to 1733mhz.

Sometimes it's down lower, other times it's up higher, I find it confusing to get accurate numbers that will translate across all titles and resolutions.

This is the kind of marketing and review manipulating I don't like from Nvidia boost.

thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Did you even read your own article?

Out of the box =
Quote:
The clock speed seems to average out to around 1770MHz (1.77GHz) according to the table. If you look at the graph the frequency likes to hover between 1760MHz-1785MHz most of the time.

Where is this 1900mhz speed "OUT OF THE BOX" that you're claiming? Only obtainable through modifying fan speed and clock speed settings, which is NOT "out of the box".

Your claimed "1800+mhz boost" lasted LESS THAN 1 MINUTE. As soon as the card heated up it was down into the 1770mhz range. Just 30-35mhz over what Nvidia says. And that's according to your own link.
Edited by moustang - 6/23/16 at 8:13am
post #6019 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightDee8D View Post

Frequency is meaningless, it's the oc % that counts. can't believe i have to type this on ocn.

also it has nothing to do with amd, they got trashed for 10-15% oc too.

I don't agree with this statement... Don't you want the company to release the card to run as fast as possible out of the box and still satisfy thier rate of failure criteria?? The faster they push them, the less overclocking headroom they have (pretty simple idea).. If they released the 1080 with the same base clock as the gtx980 would it have been a better card than it is by your criteria of overclockheadroom?
post #6020 of 6175
Quote:
Originally Posted by moustang View Post

thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
Did you even read your own article?
Out of the box =
Where is this 1900mhz speed "OUT OF THE BOX" that you're claiming? Only obtainable through modifying fan speed and clock speed settings, which is NOT "out of the box".

Well there you go in that one example the clock speed is 50mhz different. That's in one game, on one review site.

I've seen other reviews that show different clock speeds across different games and resolutions. Then they conclude an average clock speed of about 1800mhz.

Anyway like I said can't just claim it will OC 20% and gain 15% over a stock card.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Various] GTX 1080 Reviews