Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › What is your weight preference for your Gaming Mice?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is your weight preference for your Gaming Mice? - Page 12

Poll Results: Of these two weights for a Gaming Mouse, which would you prefer?

Poll expired: May 21, 2016 This is a multiple choice poll
  • 14% of voters (13)
    Gaming Mouse Weight = 100g to 105g
  • 85% of voters (78)
    Gaming Mouse Weight = 85g to 90g
91 Total Votes  
post #111 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post


An external weight design will make a mouse heavier than an internal weight would.

 

Depends, the Solution used with the Edge should only increase it by a minimal amount.

post #112 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by woll3 View Post

Depends, the Solution used with the Edge should only increase it by a minimal amount.
Funny, the Edge was actually the mouse I had in mind when I made the post.
post #113 of 177
Sign me up for one of these... please don't mess up the scroll wheel though! It's really important. If it feels like crap when I'm web browsing etc. it can ruin a mouse. Looks iffy from the pictures.
post #114 of 177
I think I posted in this thread a while ago but wanted to chime in again, you should go for the lightest weight possible. If you can implement a simple ambidex, lightweight, 3360 sensor, non-annoying cable, with responsive clicks, multiple coatings, and decent mouse feet you will have a big seller. (I prefer the 2x2 mouse feet style, which is two feet on the top and two on the bottom both small in size, keeps it stable and with less surface area to create a quicker glide; compared to more than 4 feet or larger feet which can have more surface contact and create a slower less enjoyable glide - but this is preference I'd assume)

I've used heavy mice for years and the fact is while I'm ok with them they create wrist strain if you game A LOT and especially if you play faster games like quake live or reflex (or any other fast paced fps). There's just no way around it moving a heavier item around for long periods of time will always cause more strain on the user

I wish you best of luck with your product and am more than willing to give them a shot when they release, I also advice you to get into contact with any professional player that also streams who might be interested because as much as we OCN users market to each other; a pro player can market to tons of more players we'd never reach.

-ncck
Edited by ncck - 6/7/16 at 3:30pm
post #115 of 177
If it's this mouse we're talking about:
http://cdn.overclock.net/6/67/900x900px-LL-67fd4da8_image.jpeg

Then full on 100% yes to removing the weight. I've yet to see someone screw up balance in that shape tongue.gif
Desktop (Main)
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Kingston HyperX 16GB 3Ghz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Seagate Barracuda 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda 2.0 TB Seagate Barracuda 4TB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 4TB Le random dvd writer Corsair Hydro Series™ H100i Windows 10 Professional 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
iiyama ProLite G2773HS Corsair K70 Super Flower 1200W (Platinum) Corsair 600T Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Nixeus Revel Allsop Raindrop XL ASUS Xonar Essence STXII Sennheiser HD650 
Audio
Musical Fidelity X-Can v3 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop (Main)
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Kingston HyperX 16GB 3Ghz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Seagate Barracuda 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda 2.0 TB Seagate Barracuda 4TB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 4TB Le random dvd writer Corsair Hydro Series™ H100i Windows 10 Professional 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
iiyama ProLite G2773HS Corsair K70 Super Flower 1200W (Platinum) Corsair 600T Black 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Nixeus Revel Allsop Raindrop XL ASUS Xonar Essence STXII Sennheiser HD650 
Audio
Musical Fidelity X-Can v3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #116 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptBE View Post

If it's this mouse we're talking about:
http://cdn.overclock.net/6/67/900x900px-LL-67fd4da8_image.jpeg

Then full on 100% yes to removing the weight. I've yet to see someone screw up balance in that shape tongue.gif

I'm curious which of those coatings would provide the best grip? I'd assume rubber would be the worst grip but best in-hand feeling.. the other two? I see glossy and..?
post #117 of 177
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

I think I posted in this thread a while ago but wanted to chime in again, you should go for the lightest weight possible. If you can implement a simple ambidex, lightweight, 3360 sensor, non-annoying cable, with responsive clicks, multiple coatings, and decent mouse feet you will have a big seller. (I prefer the 2x2 mouse feet style, which is two feet on the top and two on the bottom both small in size, keeps it stable and with less surface area to create a quicker glide; compared to more than 4 feet or larger feet which can have more surface contact and create a slower less enjoyable glide - but this is preference I'd assume)

I've used heavy mice for years and the fact is while I'm ok with them they create wrist strain if you game A LOT and especially if you play faster games like quake live or reflex (or any other fast paced fps). There's just no way around it moving a heavier item around for long periods of time will always cause more strain on the user

I wish you best of luck with your product and am more than willing to give them a shot when they release, I also advice you to get into contact with any professional player that also streams who might be interested because as much as we OCN users market to each other; a pro player can market to tons of more players we'd never reach.

-ncck

Thanks for the feedback.

The mouse is already going into production and I think it may hit most of those points you are referencing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncck View Post

I'm curious which of those coatings would provide the best grip? I'd assume rubber would be the worst grip but best in-hand feeling.. the other two? I see glossy and..?

There will be at least two versions: Rubberized Black and Glossy White.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaju123 View Post

Sign me up for one of these... please don't mess up the scroll wheel though! It's really important. If it feels like crap when I'm web browsing etc. it can ruin a mouse. Looks iffy from the pictures.

I am using it for work and play - I use the mouse wheel a lot for work and I browse on OCN a lot and in my opinion it works to my liking.


The weight does not affect the balance of the mouse.
Thanks to this poll and the OCN community feedback - I was able to convince the product manager and production manager to remove the internal weight. thumb.gif
Edited by Peter Nixeus - 6/7/16 at 4:11pm
 
My Girlfriend #3
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor Gigabyte 970A-UD3H XFX AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB OC Black Edition GSkill Sniper 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 128GB SSD Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM HDD NZXT Kraken X41 Water Cooler Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NX-VUE24 Freesync 144Hz Gaming Monitor Nixeus MODA v2 Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Swit... Enermax Triathlor 550W Modular PSU NZXT S340 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Nixeus REVEL PMW3360 Gaming Mouse ROCCAT SENSE Nixeus ARC 4.0 Bluetoth Speakers (Prototype) Nixeus Rival Headphones (Prototype) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570K Gigabyte H77N-Wifi Mini-iTX Gigabyte Windforce Nvidia GTX 670  Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM NZXT Kraken X31 Water Cooler Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus Vue 27" IPS LED 2560x1440 DisplayPort MA... Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch ... Enermax Triathlor 550W Modular PSU Cool Master Elite 130 Mini-iTX Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
SteelSeries DOTA 2 Rival Mouse SteelSeries QcK Nixeus Earphones ER-BKSL14 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor Black Edition MSI 870A-G54 XFX AMD Radeon 7850 1GB Corsair XMS DDR3 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM LG CD/DVD Combo Drive Antech H20 950 Khuler Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus Vue 27" H-IPS 2560x1440 WQHD Monitor NX... Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch ... OCZ Fatal1ty Modular 550 Watt Modular PSU Roswill Challenger-U3 Mid-Tower ATX Case 
Mouse
Gigabyte M6800 
  hide details  
Reply
 
My Girlfriend #3
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor Gigabyte 970A-UD3H XFX AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB OC Black Edition GSkill Sniper 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 128GB SSD Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM HDD NZXT Kraken X41 Water Cooler Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NX-VUE24 Freesync 144Hz Gaming Monitor Nixeus MODA v2 Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Swit... Enermax Triathlor 550W Modular PSU NZXT S340 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Nixeus REVEL PMW3360 Gaming Mouse ROCCAT SENSE Nixeus ARC 4.0 Bluetoth Speakers (Prototype) Nixeus Rival Headphones (Prototype) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570K Gigabyte H77N-Wifi Mini-iTX Gigabyte Windforce Nvidia GTX 670  Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM NZXT Kraken X31 Water Cooler Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus Vue 27" IPS LED 2560x1440 DisplayPort MA... Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch ... Enermax Triathlor 550W Modular PSU Cool Master Elite 130 Mini-iTX Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
SteelSeries DOTA 2 Rival Mouse SteelSeries QcK Nixeus Earphones ER-BKSL14 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor Black Edition MSI 870A-G54 XFX AMD Radeon 7850 1GB Corsair XMS DDR3 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM LG CD/DVD Combo Drive Antech H20 950 Khuler Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus Vue 27" H-IPS 2560x1440 WQHD Monitor NX... Nixeus MODA Mechanical Keyboard - Brown Switch ... OCZ Fatal1ty Modular 550 Watt Modular PSU Roswill Challenger-U3 Mid-Tower ATX Case 
Mouse
Gigabyte M6800 
  hide details  
Reply
post #118 of 177
R.I.P DM1 Pro
post #119 of 177
The lighter the mouse is, the better (for me).
post #120 of 177
Who cares what all these scrubs like?

The interesting and useful data is what weights the best aimers use. If that's not the data you're using to make your mouse, then you are making consumer BS. Congratulations and good luck on your cash grab.
sinep
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 GA-X58A-UD3R MSI GTX 650Ti Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 4TB + Crucial M4 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium Asus VG248QE </3 Sidewinder X4 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wheel Mouse Optical Sideways Puretrak Talent Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 + Red Sony MDRZX300 
  hide details  
Reply
sinep
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 GA-X58A-UD3R MSI GTX 650Ti Corsair XMS3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 4TB + Crucial M4 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium Asus VG248QE </3 Sidewinder X4 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Wheel Mouse Optical Sideways Puretrak Talent Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 + Red Sony MDRZX300 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › What is your weight preference for your Gaming Mice?