Final Update for 26 May
Got a lot accomplished this evening. Since I'm on a 4 day weekend, I could spare staying up a bit later and doing some work on the rig. Had to take a break and do some maintenance on my daughters P4000 (pink mayhems was looking a bit funky for some reason), but got that back looking good. There was also a minor leak, but a few twists on a fitting and all was right. Once again I digress...
I finished up the motherboard, and I'm liking it even more than the black. Painted it a satin gray color on the shroud only. I had picked up some 1/2 inch red vinyl letters from Hobby Lobby last night, so I put those on there to see what It would look like. Yes I know its a X99 Deluxe not a DELUXE X99. Did that on purpose.
I think it looks a whole lot better now.
Put it in the case to see what it would look like. I'm really liking this
Once I finished with that, I moved on to the GPUs. Now during every build, good ole Murphy raises her ugly head, regardless of how hard you try to keep her ass out. In my case, during a bit of Alzheimers apparently while ordering my BP SLI links, I order the 16-22mm ones, and not the 22-31mm ones I need. Way to go me. So tomorrow another PPCS order goes through for the SLI links, and a few other parts I discovered I needed. (Going to order the BP dragon Black Sparkle Plug fittings for both Res' as well)
Since I had discovered some missing fittings, I pulled all the fittings out to check again to make sure I had what I needed. Ahhhhhh BP Black Sparkle fittings are pretty damn good looking. I also began to mess around with how I am going to run the CPU loop in and out of the mono block.
Once that was complete I marked where the passthroughs needed to go, and then disassembled the case to drill them out. Brought out the ole step drill for this one. Man, those things are life savers for drilling through holes. Drilling through the aluminum was even easier. No pressure, just let the drill go through. Drew out the circles and measured dead center. Then took the ole center punch to the middle, and drilled a pilot hole. Then it was as easy as letting the step drill do its work. 6 holes, and 5 out of 6 were perfect. I was a hair off on the drop from the bottom 980, but was able to fix that one pretty easily. (Yes, the other bulkhead fitting adjacent to the GPU one is not in line. That was done on purpose and once you see the loop you will understand)
After getting everything cleaned up, I installed the bulkhead fittings and started with the small tubing runs from the reservoirs and the GPU. Using the Bitspower 10/12mm tubing PETG. Cuts and cleans real nicely and looks pretty good installed.
After mounting the 90 degree fittings on the front rad, I realized that the M2M adapters I had were just a hair to big to squeeze in between the 90 and the bulkhead fitting. Ill order some of the BP Black Sparkle 5mm ones when I order the other fittings.
Also since I had the 480mm radiator out of the case, I went ahead and installed the soft tubing run from the pump up to the rad so I wouldn't have to do it later. My original plan was not to use soft tubing run up to the rad, but changed things up a bit when I was planning the CPU loop last night. The ports on the monoblock are kinda wierd, so I had to change up a few things.
Im calling it a night now. Storms coming in and im sure here in a few mins im going to have two little girls climbing in bed with me. HAHA. Here's a final few pics of the progress so far. Tomorrow the plan is to continue on with the hard tubing loop as much as possible, mount the pumps and run some of the soft tubing underneath. Have a good night!