Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Overwatch Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Overwatch Information and Discussion Thread - Page 88

post #871 of 2262
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRUSH View Post

Maybe it's length should have been left alone but decrease its damage instead.

The mobility nerf seems odd. That was part of Genji.

Here is what i thought they should do to Genji...

Set # of max swings to 6 or 7... Increase the overall ulti time to 10 or 11 seconds... Decrease the slash range from 5m to 4m or 3.5m... and revert the mobility nerf.

Old Genji was fine minus his ulti being OP, a lot of his ulti though was just going all-in and wildly swinging as much as you can within that time. I think if they set a max number of swings but also increase the ulti time this will discipline a lot of Genji players away from the "wild" swinging. I have always thought his Ulti damage was too high, but I think a lot of it comes from the slash range + hitbox size of it. Lower the slash range a bit and/or adjust the hitbox sizes of his slash would tone it down a bit.
post #872 of 2262
Quote:
Originally Posted by drazah View Post

Here is what i thought they should do to Genji...

Set # of max swings to 6 or 7... Increase the overall ulti time to 10 or 11 seconds... Decrease the slash range from 5m to 4m or 3.5m... and revert the mobility nerf.

Old Genji was fine minus his ulti being OP, a lot of his ulti though was just going all-in and wildly swinging as much as you can within that time. I think if they set a max number of swings but also increase the ulti time this will discipline a lot of Genji players away from the "wild" swinging. I have always thought his Ulti damage was too high, but I think a lot of it comes from the slash range + hitbox size of it. Lower the slash range a bit and/or adjust the hitbox sizes of his slash would tone it down a bit.
His ult always had a max amount of swings. His old one was 9 swings and the new one is supposed to be 7.
if you were to nerf the effective range of his ult then you would need to increase the damage on his stars to make him more effective at a distance but his ult range never needed a nerf since you always needed to get close for it to be actually effective. That or decrease his reflect or dash cooldown since he now would need to be even closer.
post #873 of 2262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wovermars1996 View Post

His ult always had a max amount of swings. His old one was 9 swings and the new one is supposed to be 7.
if you were to nerf the effective range of his ult then you would need to increase the damage on his stars to make him more effective at a distance but his ult range never needed a nerf since you always needed to get close for it to be actually effective. That or decrease his reflect or dash cooldown since he now would need to be even closer.

I am not a Genji player so I may be off, but from my understanding of what you were saying about the "new" genji is that max swings is only in comparison to the amount of time you have (E.g.. Swing away for 7 seconds). Or can you theoretically swing more than 7 times within that given Ulti time but it just stops you? If thats the case, a more min/max option would be better (E.g... give more time than you would need for 6 swings, but 6 swings is all your gonna get). His ulti is ment for all-in, but I personally think the 5m range was too far for that amount of damage OR it may just be how the slash hitbox works. Possibly add in cool-down reduction while in Dragonblade form or Dash resets on Dragonblade kills. He should still be that staple for "all-in assassin" but they just broke it now.
post #874 of 2262
Quote:
Originally Posted by drazah View Post

I am not a Genji player so I may be off, but from my understanding of what you were saying about the "new" genji is that max swings is only in comparison to the amount of time you have (E.g.. Swing away for 7 seconds). Or can you theoretically swing more than 7 times within that given Ulti time but it just stops you? If thats the case, a more min/max option would be better (E.g... give more time than you would need for 6 swings, but 6 swings is all your gonna get). His ulti is ment for all-in, but I personally think the 5m range was too far for that amount of damage OR it may just be how the slash hitbox works. Possibly add in cool-down reduction while in Dragonblade form or Dash resets on Dragonblade kills. He should still be that staple for "all-in assassin" but they just broke it now.
There is a set amount of times that you can swing during his ultimate. Just like Pharah who has a set amount of rockets that fire during her Ultimate. You can't swing more than 9 times with his old ultimate. You can't swing more than 7 times with the nerf. Dash already resets any time you get a kill. Also his effective range isn't as far as it seems. The game doesn't show distance accurately and his range is actually shorter than what people describe. Taking away his range with his ultimate would basically mean suicide for a Genji. Believe me. I spent a lot of time over the last 5 weeks learning how to use Genji.
post #875 of 2262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wovermars1996 View Post

There is a set amount of times that you can swing during his ultimate. Just like Pharah who has a set amount of rockets that fire during her Ultimate. You can't swing more than 9 times with his old ultimate. You can't swing more than 7 times with the nerf. Dash already resets any time you get a kill. Also his effective range isn't as far as it seems. The game doesn't show distance accurately and his range is actually shorter than what people describe. Taking away his range with his ultimate would basically mean suicide for a Genji. Believe me. I spent a lot of time over the last 5 weeks learning how to use Genji.

I don't play Pharrah also but you can't actually control the # of rockets in her ulti (can you?), essentially its always going to shoot that set amount without control of when you want to shoot them.

But back to my Genji ideas, these are all based off of "old" Genji and what I thought would be a better option to what they have now. His pre-ulti form I think is fine, at a higher skill-cap he is mostly being played in back/mid line and just throwing stars around, going in off of picks or isolated 1v1s. Anything else is pretty much a suicide or a 1 for 1 trade. This is essentially what he was built for in pre-ulti phase and I thought it was fine.

Now "old" Genji with Ulti was one of thee most terrifying things to defend against. Having that mobility, damage, AND range/hitbox were the big 3 of his ulti. (these are my opinions)

Blizzard chose to nerf his Mobility which was a bad choice because it effects him as a whole, and as a whole he was not broken. He was only broken in ulti form. So that leaves me with his ulti Damage and ulti Range. Genjis base 120 damage I think is fine, thats a good number by himself because 150 would be to much for potential 1shots and even at 120 a lot of times you would get 1shots due to enemies not being 100% hp in most cases. Anything lower really wouldnt make it "ultimate" damage and the range between 120-150 is a grey area. Yeah it may help but not really anything would change as far as playstyle. So then that leaves me with Range (and this will also play into effect of the crappy low tick [20] servers). As a Zen and Junkrat main, this was something I noticed heavily on. Hitting anyone within that 5m range seemed like a lot, and personally think why most top-tier Genjis were averaging 3+ kills per ulti which to me is too high. A lot of times a game will come down to one fight, and MOST of those times it was riding on the back of the better Genji. I think to get this average ulti kills down to a more normal(ish) level would to be lower the slash distance from 5m to 4m or even 3.5m. It wont necessarily force Genji to get closer rather than actually aim at closer targets as compared to the wildly swinging that happened before. Possibly add +movement speed or +attack speed while in Dragonblade form? Or cooldown reduction while in Dragonblade? But something else should have been hit besides his Mobility and the time of his ulti. Having his Ulti shorter will force even more Genjis to speculate fights as compared to giving them more time with same amount of swings and to actually judge the fight as it is happening.
post #876 of 2262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninhalem View Post

Anyone have a team forming for Season 2? I play a good Zenyatta, decent Reinhardt and Zarya, good Soldier and Mei. I was 45 at the end of Season 1 but played high level Zenyatta through most of the season.

You know I will play with you sir.

<--- Gnasher
post #877 of 2262
I've just finished playing the 10 placement matches on the ptr, got 3.450 diamond and then lost 3 games in a row ZzZzZz. I went 7/3 with teammates afk in 2 placement games frown.gif. So far hanzo looks crazy, nobody seems to care about soldier, he's fine. Teams without mercy need very good dps cause that stick pumps some badass healing and ofc the ress. So basically everyone needs mercy on call now to be happy.
post #878 of 2262
I'm in for season 2. I didn't play much of season 1 since I felt there were some balancing issues. Regardless I was 55 and climbing.

I'm solid with:
Zenyatta
Lucio
Ana
Junkrat
Soldier
Reaper
D.VA
Reinhardt

My best two are Zen and Soldier hands down.
post #879 of 2262
That works out well iRush. I can easily go Soldier or Reinhardt/Zarya if you pick up some of those healing duties, and it's good knowing that we can do double healer comp without a problem. Gnasher is really good at Reaper and McCree. I haven't seen you play other characters of late in QP.
Numenor
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5-3570K ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 XFX AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz HIS AMD R9 280X iPower IceQ X² Boost Clock 3GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin D... SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB  McMaster-Carr UV-Resistant Extruded Acrylic Rou... Heatkiller GPU-X³ 79X0 XFX Edition HD 7970/7950... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCR220-XP Radiator Swiftech MCP655 Cougar CF-V12HPB Vortex 120 mm PWM fan Monsoon Series Two D5 Dual 5.25" Reservoir Blue 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
PrimoChill 1/2" OD Ghost Compression Phanteks PH-F140XP-BK 140 mm PWM fan  Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Dual 140mm R... Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 LT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Yamakasi Catleap 2703 LED IPS 2560x1440 WQHD 27... KB Paradise 60% EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 220-G2-0850-XR 850W  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Arc Midi ROCCAT Kone Pure ROCCAT Taito Mini-Size 3 mm Aune T1 DAC and Tube Amplifier 
Other
AKG K242 HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Numenor
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5-3570K ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 XFX AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz HIS AMD R9 280X iPower IceQ X² Boost Clock 3GB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin D... SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB  McMaster-Carr UV-Resistant Extruded Acrylic Rou... Heatkiller GPU-X³ 79X0 XFX Edition HD 7970/7950... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech MCR220-XP Radiator Swiftech MCP655 Cougar CF-V12HPB Vortex 120 mm PWM fan Monsoon Series Two D5 Dual 5.25" Reservoir Blue 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
PrimoChill 1/2" OD Ghost Compression Phanteks PH-F140XP-BK 140 mm PWM fan  Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Dual 140mm R... Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 LT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro Yamakasi Catleap 2703 LED IPS 2560x1440 WQHD 27... KB Paradise 60% EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 220-G2-0850-XR 850W  
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design Arc Midi ROCCAT Kone Pure ROCCAT Taito Mini-Size 3 mm Aune T1 DAC and Tube Amplifier 
Other
AKG K242 HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #880 of 2262
I just had a 20 killstreak with Zanyetta. I am loving this character thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Overwatch Information and Discussion Thread