Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club - Page 261

post #2601 of 11183
Quote:
Originally Posted by dante`afk View Post

finally in da club. daaam 100% asic? biggrin.gif


ASIC quality isn't supported correctly yet in GPUz for Pascal. The readings are incorrect.
post #2602 of 11183
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfenWind View Post

Yeah it is.

I don't remember setting a fps limiter option so I'll definitely have to check that out when i get back. It sorta makes sense because I have been messing with my settings and it seems really stable/stuck at 69/70 fps.

It 100 pecent has a limit on it until you change it. Garunteed you can hit 144. I have 1080 strix and have everything all tje way up on ultra and it stays pegged on 140 144
post #2603 of 11183
can I use dvi to mini displayport since the FTW has only 1xdvi and both of my screens are only dvi ?

so would it work to connect 1x dvi and 1x displayport on the same card?

I'd think female DVI to male displayport?
Edited by dante`afk - 7/11/16 at 5:38pm
Rig
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 8700k @ 5.2Ghz asus maximus hero X Z370 EVGA FE 1080Ti 2050/5800 32gb g.skill tridentZ RGB 3600@4133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x WD Caviar Black 4TB Samsung 960PRO NVMe 512gb Samsung 960EVO NVMe 512GB Sandisk Ultra II 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
1x corsair h115i, 1x h90 Win10 x64 pro ASUS ROG PG279Q Gsync @ 165hz 2x Qnix 2710 Evo II @ 120hz  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm QuickFire XT corsair ax1200i corsair carbide 540 Roccat Pure Optical 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Roccat Taito asus xonar DX 7.1 KS8000 65 Zoll 4k SUHD Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 
OtherOtherOther
HTC Vive PS4 Pro, Xbone S maxnomic classic office 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 8700k @ 5.2Ghz asus maximus hero X Z370 EVGA FE 1080Ti 2050/5800 32gb g.skill tridentZ RGB 3600@4133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x WD Caviar Black 4TB Samsung 960PRO NVMe 512gb Samsung 960EVO NVMe 512GB Sandisk Ultra II 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
1x corsair h115i, 1x h90 Win10 x64 pro ASUS ROG PG279Q Gsync @ 165hz 2x Qnix 2710 Evo II @ 120hz  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm QuickFire XT corsair ax1200i corsair carbide 540 Roccat Pure Optical 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Roccat Taito asus xonar DX 7.1 KS8000 65 Zoll 4k SUHD Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 
OtherOtherOther
HTC Vive PS4 Pro, Xbone S maxnomic classic office 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2604 of 11183
Quote:
Originally Posted by dante`afk View Post

can I use dvi to mini displayport since the FTW has only 1xdvi and both of my screens are only dvi ?

so would it work to connect 1x dvi and 1x displayport on the same card?

I'd think female DVI to male displayport?

Yup. Don't use the display port though. Use an HDMI to DVI adapter.

Cheaper, the same thing for less.
post #2605 of 11183
I have a 1080 gtx brand new that my friend is giving me tomorrow for a balance he owes me. Not sure if it'll be EVGA FE or MSI Aero.

Pm me if you want it. It'll be brand new factory sealed. $650. I'll do paypal if u want that buyer protection since I'm new here.

And it seems crippled bios is what's bringing the overclockability to the gutter. I think Nvdia has too much of a lead against AMD and they have a target maximum generational gain they accidentally or cost-effectively surpassed...

The target is probably 90%. You never want to overdo it if you're in the business of providing regular gains for shareholders.

I'm thinking if someone unlocks the power of these in the bios, we'll have so many tick-tock barriers of cooling and power-draw to break through.

This has never happened before where everyone is so puzzled over these cards full potential. They're gimped. All the evidence is there. I'm firmly against anyone who says it's the smaller nanometer process that's making us very close to max potential out of the box. Not way that's true, there's other things at work.

Source: Myself/MBA and BS in Finance

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
post #2606 of 11183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicbomb22 View Post

I have a 1080 gtx brand new that my friend is giving me tomorrow for a balance he owes me. Not sure if it'll be EVGA FE or MSI Aero.

Pm me if you want it. It'll be brand new factory sealed. $650. I'll do paypal if u want that buyer protection since I'm new here.

And it seems crippled bios is what's bringing the overclockability to the gutter. I think Nvdia has too much of a lead against AMD and they have a target maximum generational gain they accidentally or cost-effectively surpassed...

The target is probably 90%. You never want to overdo it if you're in the business of providing regular gains for shareholders.

I'm thinking if someone unlocks the power of these in the bios, we'll have so many tick-tock barriers of cooling and power-draw to break through.

This has never happened before where everyone is so puzzled over these cards full potential. They're gimped. All the evidence is there. I'm firmly against anyone who says it's the smaller nanometer process that's making us very close to max potential out of the box. Not way that's true, there's other things at work.

Source: Myself/MBA and BS in Finance

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Only n00bs are puzzled.... TiN overclocked the crap out of an EVGA FE. Remove the power limit via a hardware mod, cool it well and they'll clock to 2200-2300 easy.
Edited by nexxusty - 7/11/16 at 9:10pm
post #2607 of 11183
^Just confirmed. It's an EVGA 1080 GTX FE still shrink wrapped. $650 plus 15 bucks for ship anywhere in the continental US. International ship is possible. Pm me. I'll have pics tmrw.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
post #2608 of 11183
So whomever told me I can't use the FE backplate with the EKWB was wrong. Its brutally easy to do so by reusing most of the hex screws that were holding the PCB to the air cooler. I installed the card into my loop and everything is working great. Going from waterblocked 295X2 + 290X to this may have left behind some multi-gpu power but it also left the Crossfire profile nightmare in the past. I am going to be sticking to single powerful GPU setups from now on. Regardless of if its from AMD or Nvidia.
post #2609 of 11183
Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0h0ur View Post

So whomever told me I can't use the FE backplate with the EKWB was wrong. Its brutally easy to do so by reusing most of the hex screws that were holding the PCB to the air cooler. I installed the card into my loop and everything is working great. Going from waterblocked 295X2 + 290X to this may have left behind some multi-gpu power but it also left the Crossfire profile nightmare in the past. I am going to be sticking to single powerful GPU setups from now on. Regardless of if its from AMD or Nvidia.

LOL yeah someone posted after our responses that the stock backplate fits with EK blocks.

First time....
post #2610 of 11183
Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0h0ur View Post

So whomever told me I can't use the FE backplate with the EKWB was wrong. Its brutally easy to do so by reusing most of the hex screws that were holding the PCB to the air cooler. I installed the card into my loop and everything is working great. Going from waterblocked 295X2 + 290X to this may have left behind some multi-gpu power but it also left the Crossfire profile nightmare in the past. I am going to be sticking to single powerful GPU setups from now on. Regardless of if its from AMD or Nvidia.

Nice :)

Care to share some pics?

Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4790K @4.8 -1.34v Asrock Z97 Extreme 4 EVGA 1080Ti G Skill Ripjaw X @2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4  Kingston SSD-Now EK Supremacy EVO Full Nickel CPU Waterblock XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingMonitorPower
XSPC EX280 Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex Pro 10 BenQ 2430T Corsair RM750 v3 
CaseMouse
Corsair 750D Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4790K @4.8 -1.34v Asrock Z97 Extreme 4 EVGA 1080Ti G Skill Ripjaw X @2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Vertex 4  Kingston SSD-Now EK Supremacy EVO Full Nickel CPU Waterblock XSPC EX360 
CoolingCoolingMonitorPower
XSPC EX280 Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex Pro 10 BenQ 2430T Corsair RM750 v3 
CaseMouse
Corsair 750D Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club