Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club - Page 306

post #3051 of 11198
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxusty View Post

Fixed that for you. ;-)

Seahawk BIOS works fine on FE's. No performance loss AFAIK.

It seems ok dont like the 105% power limiter tho
But close to that 25k graphics score so it seems ok for 2101/590+, still my founder bios net me 25,200
post #3052 of 11198
i want a bios where when your not gaming it throttles but when you game (no matter what game) the clocks and volts max out. no darn throttling.
Mine
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
Mine
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
post #3053 of 11198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgwright View Post

i want a bios where when your not gaming it throttles but when you game (no matter what game) the clocks and volts max out. no darn throttling.

You have to do that yourself using the curve i have mine a 2.1GHz a 1.00mV it dont throttle or nothing it stays there. original founder bios.. on water btw





In all the bios i have tried it takes different settings you have to play with the curve till it sticks...

If it doesnt stick is running out of power try lower
Edited by zGunBLADEz - 7/17/16 at 3:35pm
post #3054 of 11198
how no matter what I set it at it throttles, for example I love the original black ops multiplayer and it never maxes out with that game... granted i never drop below 144fps but still...
Mine
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
Mine
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
post #3055 of 11198
Quote:
Originally Posted by zGunBLADEz View Post

You have to do that yourself using the curve i have mine a 2.1GHz a 1.00mV it dont throttle or nothing it stays there. original founder bios.. on water btw





In all the bios i have tried it takes different settings you have to play with the curve till it sticks...

If it doesnt stick is running out of power try lower

Damn. I wanna see that Afterburner log:D
post #3056 of 11198
Sorry for wasting someone's time. I just checked on Hardwareluxx (German forum) in this thread: http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f305/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-gp104-sammelthread-faq-1118466-337.html and what basically is the case is that while you get up to 1.24V VCore and more GPU Clock, the actual performance, if you are not using a 1080 Strix, is actually lower than with the standard BIOS with every other card, so it seems to be the best to not use the BIOS unless you have a 1080 Strix.
The monitor output not working is because of the 1080 Strix (as you may know) having two HDMI and two DisplayPort connectors instead of just one HDMI and three DisplayPorts, so I think the first DisplayPort does not work, but the others should.

I personally am using a 1080 FE under water with the Shunt mod (put Liquid Metal thermal paste on all three shunt resistors, in order to bridge them) and am getting stable 2126 ("+220" in AB)/5508 ("+500" in AB).
Edited by Neon Lights - 7/17/16 at 3:49pm
post #3057 of 11198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgwright View Post

how no matter what I set it at it throttles, for example I love the original black ops multiplayer and it never maxes out with that game... granted i never drop below 144fps but still...

AFAIK no bios right now allows you to go over the powerlimit as much as the card would like. Atleast on my Gigabyte G1 it doesn't matter what bios I run, I am always limited by power. This makes me think not even a bios editor will fix it, and you will indeed need to do a hard mod.
justmypc
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K @ 50/49 Ring 1.472V HT OFF, NO AVX (delid) Gigabyte Gaming 7 1080Ti FE w/ G10+X61 @ 2076/5962Mhz 1.2V G.skill Trident Z B-die @ 3800 15-15-15-35 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 256GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB EVGA CLC280 Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG G610 Brown Corsair AX850 Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Mionix Naos QG SteelSeries Qck+ Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
justmypc
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K @ 50/49 Ring 1.472V HT OFF, NO AVX (delid) Gigabyte Gaming 7 1080Ti FE w/ G10+X61 @ 2076/5962Mhz 1.2V G.skill Trident Z B-die @ 3800 15-15-15-35 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 256GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB EVGA CLC280 Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG G610 Brown Corsair AX850 Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Mionix Naos QG SteelSeries Qck+ Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3058 of 11198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Lights View Post

Sorry for wasting someone's time. I just checked on Hardwareluxx (German forum) in this thread: http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f305/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-gp104-sammelthread-faq-1118466-337.html and what basically is the case is that while you get up to 1.24V VCore and more GPU Clock, the actual performance, if you are not using a 1080 Strix, is actually lower than with the standard BIOS, so it seems to be the best to not use the BIOS unless you have a 1080 Strix.
The monitor output not working is because of the 1080 Strix (as you may know) having two HDMI and two DisplayPort connectors instead of just one HDMI and three DisplayPorts, so I think the first DisplayPort does not work, but the others should.

I think DP port is the culprit as I think I'm using the other one instead of the one a couple days ago.

The bios didn't do much for me anyways, but still might check it out again later.

Thanks.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700k Apex X TITAN X (Pascal)  Trident Z 4400MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
750 NVMe 1.2TB EK HF/rx360/rx120 EK FC/GTs/mcp655 Windows 10 Pro  
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BL3200PT 1600 T2 800d Pro Audio 2.1 + DragonFly Red 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700k Apex X TITAN X (Pascal)  Trident Z 4400MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
750 NVMe 1.2TB EK HF/rx360/rx120 EK FC/GTs/mcp655 Windows 10 Pro  
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BL3200PT 1600 T2 800d Pro Audio 2.1 + DragonFly Red 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3059 of 11198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgwright View Post

how no matter what I set it at it throttles, for example I love the original black ops multiplayer and it never maxes out with that game... granted i never drop below 144fps but still...

Yesterday i did 6 hrs nonstop doom gameplay at 4k the card didnt even flinch with those settings....

Like i said play with the curve till you get it to stick... If it bounces drop the overclock a lil bit
post #3060 of 11198
Quote:
Originally Posted by zGunBLADEz View Post

Yesterday i did 6 hrs nonstop doom gameplay at 4k the card didnt even flinch with those settings....

Like i said play with the curve till you get it to stick... If it bounces drop the overclock a lil bit

Yeah, but you are using 1.00V... Most people here want to use atleast the "full" 1.093V, for which your solution does not work unfortunately.
justmypc
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K @ 50/49 Ring 1.472V HT OFF, NO AVX (delid) Gigabyte Gaming 7 1080Ti FE w/ G10+X61 @ 2076/5962Mhz 1.2V G.skill Trident Z B-die @ 3800 15-15-15-35 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 256GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB EVGA CLC280 Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG G610 Brown Corsair AX850 Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Mionix Naos QG SteelSeries Qck+ Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
justmypc
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8700K @ 50/49 Ring 1.472V HT OFF, NO AVX (delid) Gigabyte Gaming 7 1080Ti FE w/ G10+X61 @ 2076/5962Mhz 1.2V G.skill Trident Z B-die @ 3800 15-15-15-35 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 256GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB EVGA CLC280 Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2417DG G610 Brown Corsair AX850 Phanteks Enthoo Pro 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Mionix Naos QG SteelSeries Qck+ Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club