Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club - Page 352

post #3511 of 11237
Oh c'mon now... SLI is still a headache, when it works it's great but when it doesn't work it sucks plain and simple.

Give me a SLI profile for Batman Akrham Knight for example, yeah didn't think so and I have been a SLI user since dinosaur age.

Anyway, someone using Evga XOC 6.0.3? Is it better than MSI afterburner 4.0.3 Beta while using a custom voltage curve?
post #3512 of 11237
Hi guys, I've just installed 2 msi 1080 founders editions in sli and after I enable afterburner voltage adjustment I can't move the slider. Using Evga precision X is the same.
Any ideas?
post #3513 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4l View Post

Great. It would be cool if @fewness could step in and tell us what he did with his card that it's stuck ad 2D clocks.

I found a interesting way to save them: just flash with that StrixXOC BIOS, which has no power table to begin with, then the cards come back to 2088 as default:D

But serious, so far I tried:

1. no mod, original BIOS
2. no mod, StrixXOC BIOS
3. shorted capacitors, original BIOS
4. shorted capacitors, StrixXOC BIOS
5. 10 Ohm resistor on top, original BIOS
6. 10 Ohm resistor on top, StrixXOC BIOS

#2 was crazy unstable for me, couldn't bench anything with that. #3 is 135MHz dead...everyone knows that. #5 gave the same overclocking ability as 1, boost is gone, voltage remain ~1.05, but lower score even with the apparently stable frequency. #4 and #6 both lead to higher overclocking ability, ~2190 in 3DMark and over 2200 in Valley, no boost, stable frequency and stable voltage 1.175 to 1.2, But still, the scores were lower than what can be achieved in #1, the untouched original configuration.

My cards are under water, never exceeded 45C in any conditions.

Why would GTX 1080 at a stable frequency throughout the run give lower scores than when the same max frequency is only achieved during part of the run because of boost?

But, whatever, if there are no other tricks invented before August 2, I guess buying a pair of Titan XP is the only choice moving forward....redface.gif
post #3514 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr moff View Post

Hi guys, I've just installed 2 msi 1080 founders editions in sli and after I enable afterburner voltage adjustment I can't move the slider. Using Evga precision X is the same.
Any ideas?
Oculus SetUp
(16 items)
 
For Sale: Custom Build PREFER LOCAL PICKUP
$2,100 (USD) or best offer
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon NVIDIA TitanX Pascal MSI GTX 1080 FE SOLD 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
NVIDIA GTX 980 FE SOLD CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DD... SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 2.5" 256GB  Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 2.5" 1TB SATA III MLC ... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Swiftech H320 X2 Plus Alphacool 240 in Push Pull NZXT GRID Fan Controller + CAM Softrware Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Toshiba 50L3400U 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz Smart LED TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Oculus Rift Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Buil... RMi Series™ RM650i — 650 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Cer... NZXT H440 Razer Edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6820HK MSI GTX 1070 GTX 1070 
RAM
16GB DDR4 
  hide details  
Reply
Oculus SetUp
(16 items)
 
For Sale: Custom Build PREFER LOCAL PICKUP
$2,100 (USD) or best offer
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon NVIDIA TitanX Pascal MSI GTX 1080 FE SOLD 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
NVIDIA GTX 980 FE SOLD CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DD... SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 2.5" 256GB  Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 2.5" 1TB SATA III MLC ... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Swiftech H320 X2 Plus Alphacool 240 in Push Pull NZXT GRID Fan Controller + CAM Softrware Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Toshiba 50L3400U 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz Smart LED TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Oculus Rift Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Buil... RMi Series™ RM650i — 650 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Cer... NZXT H440 Razer Edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6820HK MSI GTX 1070 GTX 1070 
RAM
16GB DDR4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3515 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by fewness View Post

I found a interesting way to save them: just flash with that StrixXOC BIOS, which has no power table to begin with, then the cards come back to 2088 as default:D

But serious, so far I tried:

1. no mod, original BIOS
2. no mod, StrixXOC BIOS
3. shorted capacitors, original BIOS
4. shorted capacitors, StrixXOC BIOS
5. 10 Ohm resistor on top, original BIOS
6. 10 Ohm resistor on top, StrixXOC BIOS

#2 was crazy unstable for me, couldn't bench anything with that. #3 is 135MHz dead...everyone knows that. #5 gave the same overclocking ability as 1, boost is gone, voltage remain ~1.05, but lower score even with the apparently stable frequency. #4 and #6 both lead to higher overclocking ability, ~2190 in 3DMark and over 2200 in Valley, no boost, stable frequency and stable voltage 1.175 to 1.2, But still, the scores were lower than what can be achieved in #1, the untouched original configuration.

My cards are under water, never exceeded 45C in any conditions.

Why would GTX 1080 at a stable frequency throughout the run give lower scores than when the same max frequency is only achieved during part of the run because of boost?

But, whatever, if there are no other tricks invented before August 2, I guess buying a pair of Titan XP is the only choice moving forward....redface.gif
Thanks mate. Just to make sure are we talking about caps or resistors you shorted? Can you show a pic of the pcb ?
How did you short them? Clu or wire?
Afaik if you short just 2 resistors (rs1-3) out of 3 then you should be on the safe side and your clocks should be fine. Maybe you wanna try?

Also der8auer will be posting a 1080 volt mod vid tomorrow on youtube.


Regarding strix OC bios, its been proven that it only adds "visual" mhz and volts, but real performance is not there. thumb.gif
Edited by fat4l - 7/22/16 at 10:44pm
post #3516 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBee33 View Post


Thanks mate, yeah I tried that but it's still the same. It's got me puzzled.
post #3517 of 11237
i think there's a line in the .ini that you delete or something
post #3518 of 11237
A question to FTW owner. I realized that there is a bios switch next to the 2x8pin. Which one to choose? Should the switch face the 2x8pin or the FTW RGB Leds?
post #3519 of 11237
Does anyone know where I can get the iTunes software for Inno3d card ? It came with a disc but I don't have CD-ROM. Can't find in the site .
post #3520 of 11237
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAasDOGG View Post

A question to FTW owner. I realized that there is a bios switch next to the 2x8pin. Which one to choose? Should the switch face the 2x8pin or the FTW RGB Leds?

If you want to use the secondary (130%) BIOS, the switch should be in the position closest to the 8-pin connectors. The default factory position should be the other position, farther away from the power connectors.
EconoGamer#
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K 5 GHz (delidded) ASRock Z97 Extreme4 nVidia Titan Xp Team Xtreem 16GB/2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force GT 120G SSD (OS) Crucial MX200 500G SSD (Games) Corsair H75 Hydro Cooler Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator Z35 Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Corsair HX750 v2 80+ Gold Thermaltake Core X9 (M0dd3D!) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G403 wireless XTrac Ripper XL (cloth) Realtek ALC1150 (on-board) Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
EconoGamer#
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K 5 GHz (delidded) ASRock Z97 Extreme4 nVidia Titan Xp Team Xtreem 16GB/2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force GT 120G SSD (OS) Crucial MX200 500G SSD (Games) Corsair H75 Hydro Cooler Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator Z35 Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Corsair HX750 v2 80+ Gold Thermaltake Core X9 (M0dd3D!) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G403 wireless XTrac Ripper XL (cloth) Realtek ALC1150 (on-board) Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club