Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club - Page 433

post #4321 of 11202
Ordered nickel/plexi heatkiller blocks and backplates for my Asus FE cards. Then I can see what they can really do. If they are as fast as they are gonna look, I will be pretty happy wink.gif
post #4322 of 11202
Hi guys how are you

SO i tought i was stable with my 1080 SLI till test in some heavy games like GTAV and Witcher 3, after that i saw that i was not stable at all and to stabilize the SLI OC was a pain in the ass

Finally i got stable, not what i wanted but it`s what i got

2076 to start, after some degrees 2063 and after 65C 2050..... and go on

Memos 5500 Stable....

Is it a still good OC for the SLI? If i pump +5 core or +5 vcore, anything else more i get a crash in games

Here is the Afterburner picture, if you guys have some advice i`ll be thankfull, but let me know if the oc is ok to a SLI rig, the cards are EVGA SC ACX 3.0




Thanks guys
post #4323 of 11202
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/105685/en-us
369.05 WHQL
I tried but it says no compatible Hardware...
Edited by KillerBee33 - 8/2/16 at 4:58pm
Oculus SetUp
(16 items)
 
For Sale: Custom Build PREFER LOCAL PICKUP
$2,200 (USD) or best offer
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon NVIDIA TitanX Pascal MSI GTX 1080 FE SOLD 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
NVIDIA GTX 980 FE SOLD CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DD... SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 2.5" 256GB  Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 2.5" 1TB SATA III MLC ... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Swiftech H320 X2 Plus Alphacool 240 in Push Pull NZXT GRID Fan Controller + CAM Softrware Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Toshiba 50L3400U 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz Smart LED TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Oculus Rift Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Buil... RMi Series™ RM650i — 650 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Cer... NZXT H440 Razer Edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6820HK MSI GTX 1070 GTX 1070 
RAM
16GB DDR4 
  hide details  
Reply
Oculus SetUp
(16 items)
 
For Sale: Custom Build PREFER LOCAL PICKUP
$2,200 (USD) or best offer
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon NVIDIA TitanX Pascal MSI GTX 1080 FE SOLD 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
NVIDIA GTX 980 FE SOLD CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DD... SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 2.5" 256GB  Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 2.5" 1TB SATA III MLC ... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Swiftech H320 X2 Plus Alphacool 240 in Push Pull NZXT GRID Fan Controller + CAM Softrware Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Toshiba 50L3400U 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz Smart LED TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Oculus Rift Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Buil... RMi Series™ RM650i — 650 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold Cer... NZXT H440 Razer Edition 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6820HK MSI GTX 1070 GTX 1070 
RAM
16GB DDR4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4324 of 11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBee33 View Post

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/105685/en-us
369.05 WHQL
I tried but it says no compatible Hardware...

Did you see under compatible hardware, its for the Titan.
post #4325 of 11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletrax View Post

Ordered nickel/plexi heatkiller blocks and backplates for my Asus FE cards. Then I can see what they can really do. If they are as fast as they are gonna look, I will be pretty happy wink.gif

The only real benefits of water cooling a Pascal card right now is to maintain the overclocks under load so it doesn't step down the voltage and clock speed. Well that and relative system silence, assuming you're using an open loop instead of hybrid coolers.
post #4326 of 11202
Yup, was the plan! I don't consider an overclock you can't maintain an overclock at all.
post #4327 of 11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by xer0h0ur View Post

The only real benefits of water cooling a Pascal card right now is to maintain the overclocks under load so it doesn't step down the voltage and clock speed. Well that and relative system silence, assuming you're using an open loop instead of hybrid coolers.

Though, I've seen some very promising Gen5 Asetek AIOs; compared to a Noctua NH-U14S (single Noctua A15 fan), these Gen5 120mm rads with dual fans are quieter and cooler than the single A15 on the NH-U14S. But, I think only Arctic Cooling and Cryorig have released Gen5. frown.gif Corsair has only updated the H80i to Gen5.

Not saying a single A15 is the quietest setup you could get, but it should set a relatively high (low?) bar for quiet.
The 2013 Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
--- SOLD --- --- SOLD ---  --- SOLD --- --- SOLD --- 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ASUS DRW-24B3ST (24X DVD burner) Noctua NH-U14S w/ NH-T1 TIM Windows 10 Pro (x64) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE w/ Lightboost @ 120Hz Ducky Shine III (MX Brown w/ Red backlights) Kingwin LZP-1000 (1000W) PSU Corsair Carbide Air 540 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus (Precision Control model) - Sta... 
  hide details  
Reply
The 2013 Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
--- SOLD --- --- SOLD ---  --- SOLD --- --- SOLD --- 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ASUS DRW-24B3ST (24X DVD burner) Noctua NH-U14S w/ NH-T1 TIM Windows 10 Pro (x64) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE w/ Lightboost @ 120Hz Ducky Shine III (MX Brown w/ Red backlights) Kingwin LZP-1000 (1000W) PSU Corsair Carbide Air 540 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus (Precision Control model) - Sta... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4328 of 11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniordnz View Post

you're the first one I see complaining about that with the FTW. Bad luck I gues. Have you tried benching for a long period of time? May sound crazy, but I've seen people saying it sometimes helps to get rid of the coil whine.

Tons of report of coil whine on FTW cards on evga forums. Also FTW runs hotter than most AIB cards. Best one out in my opinion is the Strix (after you tighten some screws lol).
Bad coil whine reports are for FTW and Gigabyte G1 cards mostly. See some egg/Amazon reviews.
post #4329 of 11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarahan View Post

Hi guys how are you

SO i tought i was stable with my 1080 SLI till test in some heavy games like GTAV and Witcher 3, after that i saw that i was not stable at all and to stabilize the SLI OC was a pain in the ass

Finally i got stable, not what i wanted but it`s what i got

2076 to start, after some degrees 2063 and after 65C 2050..... and go on

Memos 5500 Stable....

Is it a still good OC for the SLI? If i pump +5 core or +5 vcore, anything else more i get a crash in games

Here is the Afterburner picture, if you guys have some advice i`ll be thankfull, but let me know if the oc is ok to a SLI rig, the cards are EVGA SC ACX 3.0




Thanks guys

If you can maintain about 2025-2050 MHz stable in SLi over hours of gaming, that is quite an achievement with most air cooled cards.
post #4330 of 11202
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post

Tons of report of coil whine on FTW cards on evga forums. Also FTW runs hotter than most AIB cards. Best one out in my opinion is the Strix (after you tighten some screws lol).
Bad coil whine reports are for FTW and Gigabyte G1 cards mostly. See some egg/Amazon reviews.

It's all luck of the draw. My FTW was boosting to 2009 out of the box. It stayed under 67C in a 28C room with the fan speed set to 60%. Oh, and fan speed under 65% was nearly inaudible. During load screens for Heaven and Valley (notoriously know to cause coil whine due to high FPS) it was so minimal, I couldn't hear it unless I put my ear directly to the card.

Basically, don't go spreading misinformation just because you had a single bad experience or even just an opinion. All vendors will have a percentage of cards that have excessive coil whine, higher than normal temps..possibly due to thermal paste application and other random issues.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=n82e16814487245

^ 140+ reviews.. 97% of those reviews are 5 star rated.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club