Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club - Page 464

post #4631 of 11112
Do you think a slim 240 and a regular 360 is enough for a deliddad 6700k and a 1080? I want to have the fans go as silent as possible. Vardars at 1000 rpm or so. Considering adding an extra slim 240 but I dno . I am ditching my currently scratchbuild because I bought a 3D printer and I Will redo it.
post #4632 of 11112
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreedyMuffin View Post

Same here. I'm still running stock though. (2139). But no more throttling in BF4! :-D

nice! looks like my max clocks for benching are 2100.. here's my firestrike ultra run, my highest score so far!!

Mine
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
Mine
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
post #4633 of 11112
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimboso View Post

Do you think a slim 240 and a regular 360 is enough for a deliddad 6700k and a 1080? I want to have the fans go as silent as possible. Vardars at 1000 rpm or so. Considering adding an extra slim 240 but I dno . I am ditching my currently scratchbuild because I bought a 3D printer and I Will redo it.

I have a silent rig with a 480 and 360mm rads with a 1.3v 970 and 1.5v 4670k, can't hear anything at idle and gaming, you can hear it only just.
Kraken
(5 items)
 
500R Chernobyl
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus Maximus VII Ranger MSI GTX 970 Hyper X Savage  
Cooling
Custom Loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8350 Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2.0 EVGA GTX970 FTW Hyper x HX324C11SRK2/16 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK AMD LTX XSPC Nylon Dual 5.25 Reservoir Inc Laing D5  Coolgate Triple HD360 Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240mm 
OSMonitorCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung SyncMaster 2032BW Carbide Series® 500R White Mid-Tower Case 
  hide details  
Reply
Kraken
(5 items)
 
500R Chernobyl
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Asus Maximus VII Ranger MSI GTX 970 Hyper X Savage  
Cooling
Custom Loop 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8350 Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2.0 EVGA GTX970 FTW Hyper x HX324C11SRK2/16 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK AMD LTX XSPC Nylon Dual 5.25 Reservoir Inc Laing D5  Coolgate Triple HD360 Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240mm 
OSMonitorCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung SyncMaster 2032BW Carbide Series® 500R White Mid-Tower Case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4634 of 11112
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgwright View Post

wow, with that new XOC bios I'm getting no throttling? I also get 1.111v instead of 1.093? I'm gonna go test firstrike and timespy and report back. I've got the Zotac FE btw.

If you want to set the voltage, you have to open the voltage/frequency curve in afterburner using CTRL + F.

Then set the highest voltage you want at the highest clock speed, then for the rest of the voltages, keep the clock speed at the same as the one you put for the highest voltage. For example, I wanted to keep my card at 1.093V so I made the voltage/curve look like this: link

So you can do voltages higher with this bios but beware it will get much hotter and more unstable, so bump up the clocks, voltage slowly using the method of above. You can go up to about 1.2V
post #4635 of 11112
Well guys, I used this new bios on my FE, and no joy.
3D is unstable. Cant even get "old" clocks that are stable on stock bios, stable. 3D mark crashing after 10-15s. Even with 1.093v. Even with 1.2V....Hmmmm. Not sure why ?
I only did TDP hard mod + flashed this bios.... redface.gifrolleyes.gif
post #4636 of 11112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiw View Post

I have a silent rig with a 480 and 360mm rads with a 1.3v 970 and 1.5v 4670k, can't hear anything at idle and gaming, you can hear it only just.

Allright. I got a 1.3v 6700k and the standard 1.09v 1080 so I figure it will be somewhat cooler. Might be an idea to squeeze in both of the two rads, as I plan to go SLI at black friday.
post #4637 of 11112
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4l View Post

Well guys, I used this new bios on my FE, and no joy.
3D is unstable. Cant even get "old" clocks that are stable on stock bios, stable. 3D mark crashing after 10-15s. Even with 1.093v. Even with 1.2V....Hmmmm. Not sure why ?
I only did TDP hard mod + flashed this bios.... redface.gifrolleyes.gif

My guess would be that original bios + TDP hard mod would perform better than using a separate vendors bios, which makes some sense! Since you are not having throttling, it is unlikely to give you any benefits. But it might for some people who are not doing hard mods.

Is it stable at lower clocks at all? Its possible that this bios is just not going to be stable for you at all. I would just stick with your bios with your already modded card redface.gif
post #4638 of 11112
Tried re-installing drivers?

2200 was a no go, testet on 1.09V, then 1.14V. Didn't want to test higher since the FE's power delivery ain't nothing special.

2175 at 1.075V seems stable though. Not too bad of a voltage either. thumb.gif
post #4639 of 11112
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimboso View Post

Do you think a slim 240 and a regular 360 is enough for a de
liddad 6700k and a 1080? I want to have the fans go as silent as possible. Vardars at 1000 rpm or so. Considering adding an extra slim 240 but I dno . I am ditching my currently scratchbuild because I bought a 3D printer and I Will redo it.
Definitely enough. I've got a super thick 120mm and a "standard" 540mm. Only one 180mm fan at 800rpm keeps gpu temps under 46 in an hour or so. i7 3820 at 1.39v / 4750 stays below 62.

Ambient 24

Just fyi I'm not stupid, i just haven't finished putting fans in yet redface.gif
post #4640 of 11112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latchback View Post

If you want to set the voltage, you have to open the voltage/frequency curve in afterburner using CTRL + F.

Then set the highest voltage you want at the highest clock speed, then for the rest of the voltages, keep the clock speed at the same as the one you put for the highest voltage. For example, I wanted to keep my card at 1.093V so I made the voltage/curve look like this: link

So you can do voltages higher with this bios but beware it will get much hotter and more unstable, so bump up the clocks, voltage slowly using the method of above. You can go up to about 1.2V

thanks but I understand the curve... what I was saying is that my max volts before were 1.093 now with this bios I get a 1.111 max about a .018 increase

EDIT: oh wow it boost all the way to 1.2! guess I should take the time to read all the posts i missed in the last couple of days lol
Edited by ssgwright - 8/6/16 at 2:46pm
Mine
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
Mine
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club