Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club - Page 533

post #5321 of 10815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitechap3l View Post

No it stays at the clock and voltage. Don't know if it hurts the GPU or if it's not that big of an deal

Even though the card is not dealing with load drawing more watts, the clock stays at 2126mhz, voltage stays at 1.031V and idle temps are like 5 degrees higher.

That's a no no for me. Maybe it's nice for those who fold or whatever that keeps the card under stress all the time. But I don't want my card "all out" when I'm browsing the web.

I was so happy with the results frown.gif
post #5322 of 10815
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniordnz View Post

Wait a sec...this Ctrl+L thing keeps the card at full bost even when there are no 3d applications open? Now that's a boomer...I thought it would force the max boost only in 3d apps...

What is the ctrl+L thing? Is that in EVGA precision or Afterburner or am I missing something?
Z97
(25 items)
 
Gordon Schumway
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 x58a-ud5 Sapphire Radeon 5850 Corsair XMS3 12GB 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3x64a-dataSSD,3x1tb f3,1x1tb7200.12,1x2TB ecogreen lightscribe 8x blue ray burner, LG super multi Prolimatech megahalems win7x64 ultimate, win 8.1 pro 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
ubuntu 13.10 24'' acer 243bw, dell 23'' display port logitech wave Corsair 860 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Antec 1200 logitech wave asus xonar stx pcie audio card Vantec Sata 6 4 channel 6 port pcie card 
Other
Vantec USB superspeed 3.0 pcie card 
  hide details  
Reply
Z97
(25 items)
 
Gordon Schumway
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930 x58a-ud5 Sapphire Radeon 5850 Corsair XMS3 12GB 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3x64a-dataSSD,3x1tb f3,1x1tb7200.12,1x2TB ecogreen lightscribe 8x blue ray burner, LG super multi Prolimatech megahalems win7x64 ultimate, win 8.1 pro 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
ubuntu 13.10 24'' acer 243bw, dell 23'' display port logitech wave Corsair 860 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Antec 1200 logitech wave asus xonar stx pcie audio card Vantec Sata 6 4 channel 6 port pcie card 
Other
Vantec USB superspeed 3.0 pcie card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5323 of 10815
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniordnz View Post

Even though the card is not dealing with load drawing more watts, the clock stays at 2126mhz, voltage stays at 1.031V and idle temps are like 5 degrees higher.

That's a no no for me. Maybe it's nice for those who fold or whatever that keeps the card under stress all the time. But I don't want my card "all out" when I'm browsing the web.

I was so happy with the results frown.gif

Yeah sucks ass I know...
post #5324 of 10815
For me it dosen't matter. I'm either folding or gaming. tongue.gif

Will test more at 2100 on 1000mv as that seemed stable. That or 2000 at 900mv. Can't decide . biggrin.gif
post #5325 of 10815
Well, I believe I got it sorted out.

Since you can't lock down using Ctrl+L. Just find out your max OC at stock voltage (1.062) and start going down in voltage until you are unstable. Mine was at 1.031V. So what I did was to set my max OC at 1.031V and flatlines it until 1.062.

That tells the card that it can go as high as your max OC but it can use whatever voltage is needed at the time. In firestrike, on more demanding parts of the test it would use 1.050 (not even the maximum) and on less demanding ones it will go down and use only 1.031V.

Maybe if theres something heavier, ti will go up to 1.062V. Gotta do more testings.

Just wanted to share...
post #5326 of 10815
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniordnz View Post

Well, I believe I got it sorted out.

Since you can't lock down using Ctrl+L. Just find out your max OC at stock voltage (1.062) and start going down in voltage until you are unstable. Mine was at 1.031V. So what I did was to set my max OC at 1.031V and flatlines it until 1.062.

That tells the card that it can go as high as your max OC but it can use whatever voltage is needed at the time. In firestrike, on more demanding parts of the test it would use 1.050 (not even the maximum) and on less demanding ones it will go down and use only 1.031V.

Maybe if theres something heavier, ti will go up to 1.062V. Gotta do more testings.

Just wanted to share...

Have you ever experienced positive results with the curve?

I haven't. Even once.

Seems like it only degrades performance.
post #5327 of 10815
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxusty View Post

Have you ever experienced positive results with the curve?

I haven't. Even once.

Seems like it only degrades performance.

Curve gives me a lot more.
post #5328 of 10815
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxusty View Post

Have you ever experienced positive results with the curve?

I haven't. Even once.

Seems like it only degrades performance.

Yes, actually using the curve gives me better results than offset. I can get a clock more with the curve than with the offset.

When I had the Armor it was the other way, better results with offset. IDK, maybe each chip will overclock better with a method than the other. But at least with FTW I get my better results with the curve.
post #5329 of 10815
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniordnz View Post

Yes, actually using the curve gives me better results than offset. I can get a clock more with the curve than with the offset.

When I had the Armor it was the other way, better results with offset. IDK, maybe each chip will overclock better with a method than the other. But at least with FTW I get my better results with the curve.

Same here Gigabyte G1 using vf curve great performance and control
post #5330 of 10815
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniordnz View Post

Yes, actually using the curve gives me better results than offset. I can get a clock more with the curve than with the offset.

When I had the Armor it was the other way, better results with offset. IDK, maybe each chip will overclock better with a method than the other. But at least with FTW I get my better results with the curve.

Clock means nothing. I can do 2156mhz with the curve and the performance is worse....

Have any of you actually tested?

I doubt what I'm seeing is abnormal. Basically everyone says that they get less performance with the curve.

What makes you and that other guy different? Test your performance when using the curve vs your highest over clock without it.

I'll bet your highest offset OC is faster performance wise.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club