Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club - Page 544

post #5431 of 11113
@Bishop07764, @justinyou, @gingerbreadman, I'm leaning towards the part where they do test the chips on which passes or is acceptable to be X or Z. I have the REGULAR 1080 gaming(1620 core) and both X and Z bios work. The issue I'm having is OC bios for Z is not stable, better yet 2025+ clock is not stable. Z gaming bios is fine, all X bios is fine.

I can't really complain since I got this as open box. I think the previous owner thought it was gaming X since it looks exactly the same but not the clocks. I inspected the cards and no blemishes or fingerprints at all. The fan sticker is even intact. Not bad for $560 just to have a 1080 especially with the supply/demand pricing of the card. Just didn't make the cut for Z.
post #5432 of 11113
God I just noticed how loud my coil whine is once I overclock it. The voltage hits 1.050 and it sounds like a wire is stuck in a fan. I don't know if its the GPUs I've been getting since my last 1080 FTW had coil whine and my old 290X Lightning had coil whine as well. Might and go buy a EVGA P2 or something to see if my EVGA G2 isn't up to par.
Sarcina Mk. II
(14 items)
 
Sarcina
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE MSI 870A-G54 EVGA GTX 460  2 x 2GB Patriot/Kingston 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC Rasa RS240 Windows 7 (64 bit) Standard Dell Monitor KBC Poker II 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
XFX XXX Edition 650W CM Storm Scout Logitech MX 518 Audio Technica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Reply
Sarcina Mk. II
(14 items)
 
Sarcina
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE MSI 870A-G54 EVGA GTX 460  2 x 2GB Patriot/Kingston 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC Rasa RS240 Windows 7 (64 bit) Standard Dell Monitor KBC Poker II 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
XFX XXX Edition 650W CM Storm Scout Logitech MX 518 Audio Technica ATH-M50 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5433 of 11113
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofmyheadyo View Post

Nope they dont have the GLH bios only GS, I was hoping maybe someone here would have the GLH.

Gainward 1080 GLH BIOS:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/184684/184684
post #5434 of 11113
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanGstaOne View Post

Gainward 1080 GLH BIOS:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/184684/184684

That's the same bios number as my glh.
post #5435 of 11113
i uploaded my HOF bios to Techpowerup database a month ago and they didn't upload it yet
post #5436 of 11113
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjordiales View Post

@Bishop07764, @justinyou, @gingerbreadman, I'm leaning towards the part where they do test the chips on which passes or is acceptable to be X or Z. I have the REGULAR 1080 gaming(1620 core) and both X and Z bios work. The issue I'm having is OC bios for Z is not stable, better yet 2025+ clock is not stable. Z gaming bios is fine, all X bios is fine.

I can't really complain since I got this as open box. I think the previous owner thought it was gaming X since it looks exactly the same but not the clocks. I inspected the cards and no blemishes or fingerprints at all. The fan sticker is even intact. Not bad for $560 just to have a 1080 especially with the supply/demand pricing of the card. Just didn't make the cut for Z.

Thats an awesome deal. I think getting a gaming X card would give you a pretty reasonable chance of being successful and stable with a gaming Z flash. Not guaranteed though. I wasn't sure that mine would handle the default oc mode on the Z bios. It's handled it fine and more. I've been quite pleased.
Empty Pockets
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3770k @ 4.8 Ghz 1.248 Volts ASROCK Z77 OC Formula Gigabyte gtx 1080 ti Founders Edition TEAM Vulcan 16 Gigs 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500gb (Main) Seagate Barricuda Lite-On DVD-RW Swiftech CPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool UT 60 480mm Rad x2 Alphacool ST 30 240mm Rad x1 Swiftech 280mm Rad x1 Swiftech MCP 655 x 2 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Full Cover gtx Titan Pascal Waterblock Windows 10 Dell S2716DG Logitech MK 700 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA G2 1300 watt Corsair 900D Logitech M705 Onboard RealTek 
  hide details  
Reply
Empty Pockets
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3770k @ 4.8 Ghz 1.248 Volts ASROCK Z77 OC Formula Gigabyte gtx 1080 ti Founders Edition TEAM Vulcan 16 Gigs 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500gb (Main) Seagate Barricuda Lite-On DVD-RW Swiftech CPU Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool UT 60 480mm Rad x2 Alphacool ST 30 240mm Rad x1 Swiftech 280mm Rad x1 Swiftech MCP 655 x 2 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EK Full Cover gtx Titan Pascal Waterblock Windows 10 Dell S2716DG Logitech MK 700 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
EVGA G2 1300 watt Corsair 900D Logitech M705 Onboard RealTek 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5437 of 11113
Quote:
Originally Posted by kx11 View Post

i uploaded my HOF bios to Techpowerup database a month ago and they didn't upload it yet

Its uploaded to unverified uploads in NVIDIA uploads they only upload bios files they personally check

Edit: there are 125 1080 bios files in unverified uploads and only 25 bios files in NVIDIA verified by techpowerup uploads so if you want 1080 bios check the unverified ones there are all sorts of bios files
Edited by GanGstaOne - 8/18/16 at 8:36am
post #5438 of 11113
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4l View Post

Getting 2202MHz 1.09V on water + tdp hard mod and passing all benches. Having it set 2190MHz for gaming and no issues at all.
I'm hoping for bios editor soon, so we can get 1.15v on water(at least) and 2250MHz+

Usually it clocks between 2050-2150MHz. I would keep any card that cant reach 2100MHz..

You can get more then 1.15v even now with different bios like Strix T4 or Gigabyte Xtreme both are able to give you 1.2v the Xtreme has max tdp of 375w
post #5439 of 11113
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanGstaOne View Post

Edit: there are 125 1080 bios files in unverified uploads and only 25 bios files in NVIDIA verified by techpowerup uploads so if you want 1080 bios check the unverified ones there are all sorts of bios files

Be aware same BIOS with different serial number will register on TPU as a different hash and subsequently a different BIOS but they are essentially the same. Even with the same serial number they can be different if flashed back with a different flash version.
post #5440 of 11113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucode View Post

Be aware same BIOS with different serial number will register on TPU as a different hash and subsequently a different BIOS but they are essentially the same. Even with the same serial number they can be different if flashed back with a different flash version.

I know they have several same version bios files but they are different as build date or gigabyte number but so far i only get better results with Xtreme and Xtreme Waterforce bios on my G1

EDIT: Thats why i want to ask all here with Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme and Waterforce cards to please upload their bios to techpowerup
Thanks
Edited by GanGstaOne - 8/18/16 at 9:29am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club